“Great location and very good value..”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #693 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Was really pleased with our booking here..the location is really great 2 mins walk from Pimlico Tube, near the Tate Britain, Buckingham Palace, The Eye, Theatres and West End..everywhere we wanted to go was within 20mins travel time. The hotel rooms were pleasant, very clean and well decorated and perfectly well equipped. The road was surprisingly quiet and my friend and I slept really well. Breakfast was plentiful,pleasant and unhurried. In fact check out time was a gratifying 1100hrs and the hotel staff kindly stored our bags till the following evening at no charge. Overall I felt the Victoria Inn was exceptional value and in a brilliant location. I would definitely stay there again when I have another trip planned to London..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vicki S
Linda B, Guest Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. It is always nice for someone to appreciate the location of our hotel. As you say it is convenient for many tourist attractions and close to Victoria and Pimlico Stations.

We sincerely hope we have the pleaseure of seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel is located within easy walking distance of Victoria train station and near to Parliament,Big Ben etc.
The rooms were clean and adequate with Breakfast included.
The On suite was also good.
I have stayed in a nearby hotel but it didn't have on suite and the room was quite noisy, which wasn't the case at the Victoria inn.
I will certainly be using this hotel again when I am on pleasure time and not business as it has value for money and a the location is pretty central if you wanted to visit the heart of London

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BournemouthTim

Thank you for your positive feedback. The hotel is certainly in a great location and the rpice is very reasonable.

We very much hope we will see you again in your "pleasure time".

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Located an easy ten minute walk from Victoria Train Station making this hotel ideal for getting around London. As we were early for check-in the hotel stored our bags for us in a secure locked room. Once we did check in the room was small but spotlessly clean. We had a twin room booked, and there was room walk around the beds, a place to store clothes, tea making facilities, a TV, hair dryer and a desk. The beds were firm but comfortable. The bathroom was small, however the shower was of a generous size and again it was spotlessly clean. The rooms were cleaned each day with fresh towels provided.
Breakfast was pretty basic, toast, boiled eggs, bread rolls, tea, coffee and juice. It was all nice and fresh however.
The room was very warm so we slept with the window open. Luckily the street isn't very busy at night so traffic wasn't a problem.
I enjoyed my 3 night stay and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Noelette H
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here during the Olympics and was overall pleased with the value. One of the best rates I could find during the Olympic period and was in an awesome location. Very easty to get anywhere in the city via tube from this hotel.The room was small as expected but clean. I was staying in another similar hotel in London for a few days prior to checking in here and the other hotel was much more expensive and was pleased to find that Victoria Inn was actually nicer! The main thing that stood out to me at this hotel was the customer service. The front desk was always very friendly and greeted me whenever I came in or left.
I would stay again. Just realize this is a budget hotel. It is excellent value if you are looking for something basic in a good location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Jan B
Reviewed August 6, 2012

After scouring the internet to find a suitable hotel in the centre of London for a reasonable price we ended up booking the Victoria Inn. We paid above average prices I'm sure due to being London 2012 Olympics, therefore I think we were overcharged. We paid £140 per room per night, which is wayyy more than either of us would have liked to BUT it was probably one of the best ones available for the price. I think that their usual rates are probably good value for money, but considering the amount we paid, I don't think we had good value for money.
We had a nice stay here and the lady who checked us in and out was lovely, very welcoming and accomodating, and let us check in 2 hours early which was great. The breakfast was very strange but adequate and enough to fill your boots for a busy day!
The rooms were clean, but very small. The bathroom was also clean but very small. We were on the 3rd floor and our front door was directly next to the other rooms front door, so when they shut their door it ricocheted into ours and was very noisy. The rooms are small due to the period of the building, and the decor is quite cosy. The hotel itself is in a good location, just around the corner from Pimlico tube (which is much quieter than victoria) and about a 7/10 minute walk from Victoria. It is in a nice area, with a few bars and restaurants around, and a short walk from the Apollo Theatre. The only thing that bugged me with this hotel, is that we asked the receptionist in the afternoon to book us a taxi for 6.45pm so we could catch our show (as we had been walking around all day and were tired, had no idea where we were going and did NOT want to miss it) we were most disappointed that when we reached reception at 6.45pm, we were told that she didn't book us a taxi, and that we had to stand in the middle of the road and hail a cab. Subsequently we ended up walking, it wasn't far but the response we had when we booked the taxi was quite bad from the receptionist, and the distance is irrelevant, if we asked to book a taxi - we should of had one!! All in all, generally a nice stay here, I wouldn't want to stay again, but would as a last resort.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank C89H2011
Linda B, Guest Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I have taken note of your comments and take this opportunity of thanking you.

I do apologise regarding the taxi (cab) issue. It is usual to simply hail a cab, especially in this part of London. However, this should have been explained to you at the time.

The rooms are on the small size, as you say due to the period of the property. In those days "en-suites" were not really a standard requirement, therefore the rooms have given up this space to provide the standard expected today.

Victoria Inn is situated in probably one of the best areas in London, especially for tourists wishing to visit the sights, theatre, museums etc.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

My wife and I stay here on the 21st June 2012. We stayed in room 1, which was in the basement next to where all the bed linen was kept in the corridor, sure there is a health and safety issue there. The room is right beside the lift mechanism which was active all night, neither of us had a good nights sleep and we had an early start the next morning. The staff were not particularly useful, when asked to switch off the lift the response was not satisfactory and when complaining to there head office the staff are rude. Recommend not to stay here.

Room Tip: Ideally don't stay there. Ask which room you are in and refuse to stay in the basement.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RCHI
Linda B, Public Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

These guests have already received a personal response to their concerns.

However, with each response from the guest so a little more is added. None of the concerns were raised during their stay.

We have regular health and safety checks and I really cannot understand the guests thread regarding the linen.

With regard to the lift. Victoria Inn has four floors. These guests were in room one and wanted the lift to be turned off at 20.30 hours. We have nearly 50 rooms, most of our guests do not retire at 20.30 hours. Management stand by the other guests that would have returned from an evening out to climb up to four flights of stairs had we given in to the unreasonable demands of these guests.

I have already suggested they could have asked to change rooms but they failed to mention this.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a really good stay at the hotel victoria INn last week end.
It wasn't really expensive for the period.
The staff was really helpfull. The room was clean and quite big.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We thank you for your encouraging comments and hopefully look forward to meeting you again.