“Very clean, friendly and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #689 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very clean, friendly and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Room was lovely and clean and had everything I required. Even soap / shower dispensers and hairdryer inc. It was also comfortable, modern decor and TV and quiet. Although not huge, it was entirely adequate for my requirements and staff were very helpful in directing me to somewhere to eat in the evening. Very handy for Pimlico tube and nearby meeting venues. Breakfast was continental but plentiful and good variety, including meat and cheeses. I didn't check to see if there was WiFi, as I had my own connection. All in all this was excellent value and more personable than a larger hotel. I will certainly return here if I need to be in this area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank fabtravel55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Rooms quite small and basic but you get what you pay for! Breakfast area was very nice but could be very cramped if busy, No major concerns was in the middle of clearly being refurbished when we stayed, so hopefully this is now finished

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was dreading staying here after reading these reviews and all I can say is how WRONG they were!!!
The staff could not have been any friendlier or any more helpful. The room (number 12) yes it was basic but it was very clean and the bathroom was newly refurbished. All the bed linen was clean and fresh, the same as the towels - extra pillows and towels produced immediately upon request. Kettle and facilities in the room and enough storage space for a short break away. Even a TV all working channels....what more do you want from a room when you are in Central London a walk away from everywhere??????

As for the Continental breakfast, yes the breakfast area was busy but what do you expect when everyone gets up at the crack of dawn? We went down 15 minutes before the end of serving and everything was still available. it wasnt just coffee and tea, there was a hot drinks machine that catered for all (including my hot chocolate addiction :-0). Croissants, 3 different breads, toaster, 3 types of cereal, cheese, jams, boiled eggs, 3 different fruit juices, fruit......

I would most definately stay here again - if you expect more than what you pay for do yourself a favour and pay the price and book into a Hilton.

Well done and Thank you to the staff at the Victoria Inn :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlene B
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I booked this hotel for 1 night as was going to Londons West End. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the Victoria Inn, it's in a great location, within walking distance of both Victoria coach station/train station and a lot of the main attractions. The staff couldn't be more friendly, they were really pleasant and helpful. It was also really clean. I have stayed many times in London and stays here can be quite expensive so I feel that Victoria Inn is quite reasonably priced compared to others....especially for its location, a lot of the other hotels I looked at in the same area were a lot more expensive. Overall, really happy with my stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sexy_pigeon
Yorks, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Good location 5 mins from Pimlico tube station in a nice looking street.
Room was basic but clean 7 modern with a spotless bathroom.
Walls are quite thin so heard the French people chatting next door.
Continental breakfast is a little chaotic with all residents in a very small room. Food counter could have been better thought out but we had sufficient to eat.
No issues with the lift to 5th floor.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TizzyWYorks_England
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I have just returned from my short break at The Victoria a place I would not recommend to anyone!
We arrived at the Victoria on Monday evening at 10.45pm and was given a key to a Triple room No.34 on the second floor, I was staying there with my two daughters just for one night, I decided to to take a shower before bed as we had a long in London I entered the bathroom all seem well until I looked at the toilet and was shocked and disgusted to see it hadn't been cleaned properly and the previous occupant had obvously had a very bad stomach upset as there was excrement all over the bottom part of the lid and where the lid is attached to the toilet Photos attached, I tried to phone down to reception but I couldn't get the phone to work, so I went down to reception and asked to be moved to a new room, I was told the hotel was full and there was no rooms left, I asked for the housekeeper to come and clean the toilet, I was told there wasn't anyone on site until the following morning, I asked to speak to the manager who surprise surprise wasn't there! I asked the receptionist to come and look and he declined he did apologise but said there was nothing he could do and the manager would be back in the morning, I was so cross and frustrated had it not been so late and such a scary night in London (due to riots taking place) I would have left and found accommodation elsewhere, I returned to the room and decided to use the towel to cover the back of the toilet, I then noticed that the toilet roll roll holder was broken and came off the wall (this was also covered in excrement), the whole place felt filthy, When we arrived at the hotel I was asked to sign a disclaimer stating that I would agree to pay £50 to deep clean the room if we did not leave it as we found it! What a joke This spoilt what was meant to be a treat we couldn't wait to get out the place!

The following morning in the cold light of day we could see the whole room was a bit grubby, we went down for breakfast to the smallest dinning area, we was asked by a lady if she could help us and I said yes if she could find us a table and chairs (and was told rather rudely that the dinning area had been open since 7.30 and we should have come down then) we didn't stay for breakfast and went to look for the manager, at reception the same man from the night before was there with a lady whom i thought was the manager (turns out she wasn't the manager was still at home and they had no idea when she would be in) but they did speak to her on the phone while we were there and she offered us £20 compensation! I was enraged! but was told we stayed the night (I did point out that we had no choice due the lateness and rioting within the city) I told them I was looking for a full refund of £165 as this was a horrendous overnight stay in the hotel which I would never recommened to anyone and I also said that I would be contacting yourseleves for a full refund and leaving my review on tripadvisor.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kathy186402

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Room tiny and cramped, no seating or dressing table. Wardrobe space was laughable! No information pack in the room. No safety fittings on 3rd floor window. Most worryingly was the lack of fire evacuation procedures! The only upside was the great location. Stayed at the Days Inn hotel directly across the street, at just an extra £10 per night it was a far more pleasurable experience.

• Stayed August 2011