“amazing location”

Ranked #598 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“amazing location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Fantastic hotel, staffs are so very friendly, fantastic food will return to this hotel... Had a lovely 5 nights here, Thanks you.
Warm welcome... Very pretty building.. What an amazing location.. Very cosy and easy.. Very kind and efficient staff Comfortable room..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Filthy, small room with no redeeming features. One member of staff was helpful, but everyone else I had contact with was rude, brusque and very disinterested in assisting me.

Avoid, there's budget options in the city which aren't this awful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank zerodosage

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel was ideally situated on a main road with a bus stop (with a route that runs 24hrs) right outside. The hotel is also close to Victoria Station and underground. The rooms were small (as is expected in London) but clean and well furnished. We had a newly renovated bathroom that was lovely. The windows are designed to block out noise so we did not hear traffic noise from the road. Shuttles can also be organised by the hotel to and from the airport. We found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The breakfasts were simple (continental not cooked) but fine for us. For the price you pay we found this to be great value for money and we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated bathroom and an upstairs room for a good view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle E
Englewood, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed in this hotel while on a school trip for the purpose of saving money. Arriving in the reception my assumption was that the accommodation would be average, however, I was dreadfully mistaken. The room seemed hygienic enough, but on closer inspection we found claw and hand marks on the ceiling, foundation marks on the walls and toenails on the floor. The en suite- if that is what you could call it- was a similar size to those on a ferry, if not smaller. On the whole, I think I would've preferred sleeping on the streets during my stay in London. After a sleep-less night, I was looking forward to a nice breakfast, but yet again I was disappointed. The breakfast 'bar' was the length of a bath, with a tiny selection of toast, pastries and that was about it. I wouldn't wish a stay in this hotel upon my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room from this hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Roskilde, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

1) The hotel is owned by a non native Englishman, and are filled with foreign workers typically from Eastern Europe and Portugal. The hotel and its attitude is greatly influenced by this.
2) We were allocated a paltry room of 20-25 square meters (estimated), with an elevated bath cabin (so when you stepped out of the plastic cabin you dropped down 20 cm on the floor - we both of us twisted around one leg when we left the cabin, and I still have pain due to this) .
3) Our one neighbor (room 416) harassed us repeatedly with his presence. But this is obviously not the hotel's responsibility. One of the hotel's obnoxious reception boys woke us up after midnight and told us that one of our neighbors had called and complained over us. But because of what? That we slept ? The receptionist could clearly see that I was wearing pyjamas and that I just got up. And he wondered clearly, yet he chose not to deal with it.
4) The hotel is far from Victoria st., so we spent too much time walking between Victoria and our hotel when the buses did not pass regularly.
5) We had originally booked a hotel located close to Holborn st., Leicester Square and Covent Garden. The hotel was booked with the purpose of our visits/evaluations agreed on a number of first class restaurants. After the booking of our hotel, we received the confirmation. Uncertain of the reason our booking was canceled and the discount hotel site offered us a simple 3 star hotel located near Victoria, and far from the mentioned restaurants and Soho & Oxford St . The service was recognized by the fact, that almost nothing was included, but that we had to pay for everything extra, as opposed to how things normally are on hotels with better categorization. And not only this, the discount hotel site asked us to pay extra even though it was only a 3 star hotel, as opposed to the originally chosen hotel, a 4 star luxury hotel located in central London. This was anything but a good experience, and especially because our hotel room was booked and confirmed from the first hotel.
Unprofessional discount experience !!
We have now allowed ourselves to inform other travellers about this experience.

Room Tip: You don´t need to offer yourself this hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NielsEPoulsen
Xewkija, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We found it easy to find the Hotel it was close to both Pimlico underground station (around the corner) and Victoria station (which was in the same straight road) finding Pimlico station to be the closest, though when checking in we had a problem that at first seemed hard to fix though the lovely receptionist Ana helped us and tried to make it as easy as possible helping us throughout the week as well. Wifi was cheap we only paid 25 sterling for a whole week.

When we got to out room which was a room for 4 (room 106) we were surprised as we didn't expect as much as we had for the relatively low price we paid. We had eight clean towels and a warm room which was all we needed. The size of the rooms was fine as well, and even the shower was in good condition.

Breakfast was fine as we got the essentials we needed, though the staff could have been a bit more friendly and keep a smile on their face, (I am a waiter in a 5 star hotel and I know what it is like in the morning), though you have to make the guests feel welcome and not as if they were a burden. It was hard to break a smile out of them and a some used to talk between themselves rather than working (they spoke a language which I could not understand, thinking it would not make them visible though it made them worse) and once they were complaining about something and it was so visible that we could get what they were doing. They were also strict on the times and at 9 they closed the doors.

We didn't get to meet the maids as we were out all day though we were grateful as they cleaned the room very well every day and tidied it up for us.

When checking our luggage was kept for the rest of the day as our flight was late, and they even managed book us a transfer from the hotel to Heathrow airport at such small notice which we were thankful for as well.

Thus, overall I give this hotel a great recommendation and when returning to London I will definitely be retuning to this hotel. the only mishap we found in the hotel was the staff (not all) in the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank johnpaulborg16
Gabriola Island, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

London is expensive. It is hard to grapple with the cost of such a small room, however for the location and compared to other hotels in the area, the value is comparatively excellent. We found the breakfast poor. If you can live off of carbohydrates only I suppose it would be ok. Personally I like at least some protein for breakfast, heck, I would take a boiled egg or even the beans some british are so fond of for breakfast. The croissants are decent but other than that all you can have is stale cold toast, terrible coffee, cereal, yogurt and canned fruit. In the rooms they only have instant coffee. I knew this beforehand so I brought my own coffee and my tiny little drip filter. I am very happy I did. A nice coffee is a must when you are dealing with Jet lag! Despite everything it was what I expected. I knew I wasn't booking a huge 5 star hotel so it wasn't really disappointing (except for the breakfast). We were busy and didn't hang out in the hotel much anyways. We found the staff pleasant, the room clean, and appreciated being able to store our luggage the day we checked out so that we could explore without our packs. The hotel is fairly close to Victoria and Pimlico stations which is convenient, and there are several good pubs in the area. So if you are looking for value and location I say go with it but don't expect a large room or good coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple