“Funky cool affordable hotel”
Review of Kensington Rooms

Kensington Rooms
Ranked #1,001 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 4, 2009

This place was cool, I booked it on expedia with the flight and got a good deal. I think it was before 2006 that i went but worth reviewing anyway. The location is good, near Hyde park, museums and shops as well as a subway. The layout of the hotel was a bit hard to follow, but i liked the eclectic decor and the bar.

Stayed: December 2006

Reviewed March 10, 2009

Nice small hotel into town, wrongly managed

Made a booking for a my clients and unfortunatly a last minute illness made them not to come. Cancelled on the same day, they still charged us the hole amounth of the booking instead of begging human charging a resoneable amounth for the cancellation.

Shame not to understand bussiness people travelling all the time dealing with flights conexions, rushing everywhere begging out of home.

I am really sorry to say all of this but there's a lack of profesionals able able to understand everyday problems, instead of sticking to a Hotel policies ripping people off.

Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2009

absolutely cracking little hotel, the room wasnt small at all, the bathroom was a little snug but had everything that it needed. seriously dont listen to any of the bad reviews, they had really put a downer on the thought of staying there, however when we arrived we were so pleased! beds are extremely comfy!!!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2008

The worse night I have ever spent in a hotel!

Very noisy – constant noise from traffic thorughout the night & the windows shook as heavy duty traffic drove by (I kid not) – the walls were so I could snoring from the room next door.

Also, a very small room if I laid flat on the floor and reached up, I could touch both walls of the width of the room.

For the first time ever in my travels I had to wriggle around the sink to reach the loo on the left and was just about able to manoeuvre myself into the shower....I am 5’3” and weigh 8 stone (in other word I’m a short size 10...not very big.

Definitely not value for money & would certainly never stay there again.

S. Wilson

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 3, 2008

stayed for a weekend with my boyfriend. main purpose of the trip was to go to a chelsea match at stamford bridge and for that the hotel was great! close to the tube station and short journey to the centre and the stadium. but rooms were tiny, only a bed in the room. a 'double bed' which was two singles pushed together!! no storage and the ensuite was a matchbox.. great if u dont spend anytime in the room!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 23, 2008

My boyfriend & I stayed here whilst spending the weekend in London. First of all great location. 3 minute walk from Gloucester Rd tube station, 10 minute walk to Kensington high st, 15 minute walk to Kensington Gardens & Hyde park & easy access to all of london on the underground. The hotel itself is contemporary & modern which gives a nice feel & we were nicely surprised. The breakfast is a continental buffet, so you can fill yourself up if you wish although as soon as ending time comes they start clearing the tables. In the rooms they provide tea & coffee etc. The only downside we came across was that the staff certainly aren't the friendliest. Not necessarily rude but no smiles to be seen. Overall good little hotel & perfect for weekends away.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2008

I have now stayed at this hotel twice in the past few months and found it to be better than your average budget hotel. The single rooms are absolutely tiny but smart , fresh-looking and CLEAN, and they are designed to use the small amount of space quite usefully. There has always been plenty of hot water on my visits and the bathrooms have been immaculate, if cramped (but no more cramped than far less clean or modern budget hotels I've stayed at in London). I have found staff to be perfectly nice on both my stays, though I can't comment on the breakfast as I have always been too short of time to stop and eat there.

The one drawback is traffic noise from the road outside - it is very loud indeed, but personally it doesn't bother me and I have slept perfectly well when I have stayed there. Something to be aware of, though.

All in all, Kengsington rooms feels modern, clean (this is so important in cheaper London hotels, which are often hideous!), well-designed (no flowery bedspreads or old, stained carpet, just simple modern lines, though clearly done on a budget) and not at all bad for the money. The location, near Gloucester Rd tube, is also great. Free wifi in the lobby (and I think this is now extending to some of the rooms) is another bonus.

Stayed: October 2008