“Like a hostel”

Ranked #999 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Cork, Ireland
“Like a hostel”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel is on busy Cromwell road.single glazed windows meant we breathe traffic as if we were On the footpath. The room was right beside the kitchens and we could hear everything (when the traffic calmed). The whole place has the air of a hotel that has gone into liquidation and is been run on the cheap.
The hot tap in the bathroom was seized. I asked twice for it be fixed and nothing happened. The lamps in the room didn't work. I asked twice for them to be fixed and I was given light bulbs that didn't fit. The bar in the hotel is closed and the fees for Wi-Fi were ridiculous

1 Thank Ingeldot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to this hotel thinking there was a bar as advertised but when we got there it was being re furbed which was not stated, plus if you do book this hotel make sure you ask for a room at the back of hotel because the noise from the traffic keeps you awake, staff was friendly enough though and location not bad 2 mins from underground but we will not be booking again

1 Thank Mcbrid

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed in here for two weeks I would like to say about the hotel that its clean , nice , quite with a staff that worth every money that I have spent in London ! Cleaning deserves a 10 rate and the food and the staff the same ! The hotel is very quite with a lot of opportunities to visit and to get faster wherever you want ! I recommend this and u will be back here anytime

1 Thank Lillyannaaa
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Yet another fine example of a grossly overpriced London "hotel" regardless of the area.

You'll probably find front desk staff who have long forgotten what a smile is and your presence an inconvenience. Over several days I saw them serving people with a complete lack of interest and enthusiasm.I don't reckon even a lotto win would get this mob to crack a smile.

Past the reception, my room on the ground floor was through tired, grim corridors.
The bed sagged in the middle, had old lumpy pillows and I noticed just before leaving, stained sheets. I had requested another room but with a great sigh I was told that there was nothing that could be done.
The shower head didn't work properly and the drain was slow to empty so that by the time I had finished showering I was ankle deep in water mixed with whatever was coming up from the drain. Gross!
Room furniture was old and there was barely any room for my suitcase. The TV was small and dated from well back in the last century.
Should you choose this place, don't even bother with the breakfast. Mice would have sensibly abandoned this place ages ago in search of better offerings! It's worth the effort of walking down to Gloucester Road where there a few nice cafes.

Very disappointing, but it's my fault for not reading other peoples reviews of this place before I booked.
My advice is that unless they're offering rooms super cheap, forget it. There are plenty of other hotels in the area to chose from.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Windows did not shut properly. Blinds did not shut properly, not that it mattered much as many of them were missing or damaged. Tv 12 inch with remote that did not work. Dirty carpets. Shower did not work at all. This is the first review I have written as its the 1st time I have felt strongly enough to do so. Staff did not want to know about shortcomings. The location is the only thing going for this place.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The rooms are very old they looked nothing like the pictures I was on the second floor and even tho there is a lift i still had to carry my bag up stairs my room was facing the road and was very loud the shower was terrible I almost flooded the bathroom as it is very small the tv is very old
im surprised it still works. The only good thing about the place was the continental breakfast and the breakfast were great. Front office were not very helpful and looked like they didn't want to be there I'm glad it was only for one night

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Aussie in Scotland
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The shower head poured water out like your standing under a bucket, we asked if this could be fixed but no, it couldn't. Our bottom sheet ripped from being so worn in between the two beds that are pushed together to make one enormous bed and it was not replaced. We had to use our towels to mop up the water that gushed from the shower. We cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple