Park International Hotel
Ranked #342 of 1,078 Hotels in London
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed July 14, 2004

Beware!!!!! Small.. no... shoebox sized rooms, do not book thru Expedia or you will get hosed. Many of the staff unfriendly, not a three star hotel.... maybe 2. They promise things and do not follow through. Only decent rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors. Also, no standard adaptors only three prongs work. Decent location. If you are over 5' 10" you will be uncomforatble and will have trouble with the shower. Try Ryders down the street.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (2,223)

Munich, Germany
Reviewed July 5, 2004

This place was hor-riblay! We stayed there from July 2- July 5. Where to begin? First, we got to the hotel a little after noon and were told we could not check in until 2pm. Fair enough. Did all the paper work first, so that when we did come back to go into the room, we would have all that behind us. When we returned to the hotel, a very unfriendly blondish woman at the front desk (not English) could not find our paperwork anywhere and kept us waiting for 5 minutes without apologizing.

When we got to the room we were very disappointed. The tub was disgusting and there were broken tiles. The linoleum on the bathroom floor was also warped. Plus, the shower did not have any cold water. We had to take uncomfortably hot showers all 3 nights we were there. The only good thing about the room was the A/C and the big TV (with snowy reception by the way). We asked them for an extra blanket and after over an hour of waiting, we called the front desk again and finally got it. The same thing happened to a friend of mine who stayed there when he asked for an iron. They made him wait 1.5 hours for it. His room was very tiny as well and the A/C dripped non-stop. They also would not let him check-in 15 minutes early and when we asked them to hold our bags for us after we checked out so we could eat breakfast, they charged us 1 pound a bag. Never in my life have I had to pay a hotel to stow my bags! We would not go back to this hotel again. Believe me, we have stayed in 5 star as well as 3 star hotels and this place is not worth staying in, even if you do get a somewhat reasonable price. Not only were the rooms below a 3 star level, the staff is incompetent and unfriendly. 3 thumbs down!!!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2004

I stayed with three other friends at this hotel from May 31st to June 2nd, 2004. The staff was terrible. No smiles or greetings bode ominous portent for what was to come. Despite our pleas, they could not check us in early (around 9 AM). They did stow our luggage for us. We were told to check in only after prescribed check-in time(2 PM). We had two rooms reserved through Expedia.com. Apparently, if you book through Expedia, you get the worst treatment. The guy at front desk admitted that he could not give us any preferences since we booked through Expedia.com.
We had request two rooms, one with a queen size bed and another with two single beds. Well too bad, since they had no desire to accomodate us. Also, we had requested the rooms be close to each other. Too bad again ! Both rooms cost the same, however, one room was twice the size of the other. Very puzzling. What we were told is that the smaller room was the "Standard Double". Wow. Very tiny for two people.
While on vacation, who wants fussing right? The space wasn't the issue, the attitude definitely was ! Very unfriendly staff with a "I don't care " attitude. All because we booked through Expedia ?
I would not recommed this hotel at all. If you want a cheap hotel, go for Hotel Regent Palace, which not only has a friendlier staff but also a magnificent location.

2  Thank PointOfLens
Reviewed June 11, 2004

We stayed here for a week from June 3-10, 2004, and I chose this hotel based on reviews on this website. We had a very nice room -- kingsize bed, 5th floor on the backside so it was very quiet. The room was extremely clean and I asked for a non-smoking room and got it. I booked directly with the hotel so breakfast was included in the rate and I'd recommend doing that. And take your e-mail confimation regarding rate, etc., with you just in case. The location is great -- just 2 blocks from the Gloucester tube stop and there are restaurants, pubs etc. in the surrounding blocks. The front desk staff was very nice. We would stay here again. (However, I would be hesitant to use "Hotel Link" to get to the airports in time! We ran so late that we had to leave a day later.)

• Stayed: June 2004
3  Thank MABooker
Ingram, TX
Reviewed May 21, 2004

My stay at the Park International was for five nights during May and June of 2002. The staff was
helpful and friendly. I observed them dealing politely with some "ugly Americans" making unreasonable demands and was impressed with how they handled the situation. The room was small, but clean, quiet and safe which is exactly what I need when traveling alone. There were extra amenities adding an extra touch to my stay.
Breakfast was a variety of good food, buffet style and not on paper plates. The neighborhood was interesting and safe. Gloucester Road tube station was only a short walk away. I would definitely stay here again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2004

We just returned from a five night stay at the Park International. The hotel is comparable to an older Hampton Inn. We booked a Deluxe King Room through Orbitz, which was advertised as "recently remodeled." The room we were given was on the first floor facing Cromwell Road. It was extremely noisy, very cramped and more than a little worn around the edges. We went back to the front desk to confirm that we were given a "Deluxe" room. They assured us it was, but we asked for something less noisy. We were moved to Room 310 which was much nicer, but could not have been remodeled anytime within the last five years. A word of caution if you've booked a pre-paid reservation, make sure you bring your confirmation with you. The front desk staff insisted that our reservation was not pre-paid because Orbitz booked through the hotel's website. We had the same conversation with the same staff member when we checked in and again when we checked out. In both instances, a manager was standing within earshot of the conversation, but did not get involved until I asked to speak with a manager. Both times, the manager took one look at the paperwork and conceded that the reservation was indeed pre-paid. The fact that I had to prove my reservation was pre-paid twice during the course of one stay is a little shady. I would not stay here again for that reason.

• Stayed: January 2005
8  Thank Anonymous13
Denver, CO
Reviewed May 13, 2004

We stayed there April 3rd -8th and then again April 11th - 14th. The very first night we arrived, we were put into a small, cramped room that looked like it was in the basement. We could barely get our luggage in there. Although it was quiet, as we asked for, it was very dark. We asked to be moved, and we decided to upgrade. The person at the front desk assured us that the basement room was the better room, but I wasn't convinced. The lady at the desk then stepped in and gave us room 310. It had one of the nicest, softest hotel beds I've ever stayed in. The bed was right next to the door so we heard a lot of noise, but we were away from the street, so no traffic noise which was nice. The last part of our trip was April 11th - 14th. Room 310 was booked so we got Room 410. This room was quiet a bit of space for London standards. All room had a refrigerator. Room 410 had a bed as hard a rock, but it was away from the door, so it was very quiet. Off the street as well. I did have to put my blankets underneath me because the bed was so hard, but that's the only compliant that I had. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. It's across the street from Sainsbury's grocery, a laundromat, as well as a cyber cafe. It's also 3 blocks from the Glouchester Square stop. Perfect for trips to downtown twice a day. A couple of nice and inexpensive restaurants nearby as well. I would stay there again. Everything was very clean!

• Stayed: April 2004