“Great Afternoon Tea”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #344 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Was very pleased with service, location & actual restaurant.
Food was delivious & well presented, waiter showed so much effort. Atmosphere was anazing too.
Thanks to bar manager fitting us in into them fully booked schedule.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014
Karl G, General Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Madam

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your Afternoon Tea experience, I am absolutely delighted that you and your collage had an amazing time.

I do have a wonderful announcement to make as our Food and Beverage Manager and Head Chef have been working in the kitchen to come up with a new Afternoon Tea selection that would not only please the palate but look amazing too. We will officially launch our wonderful new Afternoon on Monday the 5th of May and we would love for you to return and sample it to let us know what you think!!

We look forward to seeing you soon

Best Regards
Karl Goebel

There are newer reviews for Park International Hotel

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for a week in March 2014, so I became pretty familiar with the place. I was staying in a single room, and it looked just like the depiction on the hotel's web site: clean but spartan. The bathroom was clean with modern fixtures. If anything, the fixtures were TOO modern for an old guy like me: It took me some trial and error to figure out how to adjust the shower, for instance, but once I got it figured out, everything was good. I was worried there might not be enough power outlets (I use a CPAP) but there were an adequate number. Noise was never a problem. The only complaint I had about the room was that the mattress could have been better. It wasn't a deal breaker, though. One has to pay extra for in-room wi-fi, but you can get an hour a day of free wi-fi in the lobby, which is what I relied upon. The free wi-fi in the lobby was slow. I chatted with my family across the pond using Facetime, but the image would sometimes freeze up and I would only get audio. For basic email checking, etc., however, the free lobby wi-fi was sufficient. I did not place great demands on the front desk, but on the few occasions I needed assistance, they were polite and helpful. There is an underground station just a couple blocks away, which was very convenient. The neighborhood wasn't fright inducing. I felt comfortably safe walking from the subway to the hotel at night. Near the underground station there was a grocery store, a couple sit down restaurants, and some American fast food places -- Starbucks and Burger King. Is it clear yet that I am cheap? I ate some of my meals at the Burger King, which was --- well, Burger King. FYI, you get more chicken nuggets in an East Coast American Burger King meal than in the ones in London, which is probably why the Brits aren't carrying the pounds I do. I was surprised in reading the reviews to find some visitors complaining about the free included breakfast. I found it to be very good. There was a wide selection of cereals, croissants, muffins, fruit, ham, sausage, eggs - and quite likely a few more things I am not remembering. I had ham and eggs and coffee most mornings; it was pretty much like the traditional English breakfast I was served at a bed and breakfast when I first visited London 40 years ago. The breakfast room was large and airy and (in March, at least) there were plenty of tables. There is a hostess who assigns you a table - a very civilized dining experience.

One last thing: I was in London working at the National Archives in Kew, and I wanted to stay near an underground station that had a direct District Line train to Kew and also a direct Piccadilly line train to Heathrow. The tube stop near this hotel had both, which cut a lot of time off my commutes.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank VirginiaProf
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here with 3 colleagues on a 6 day business trip. The positives - great location, near two tube stations, (Gloucester Road and Earl's Court) decent restaurants and shopping, etc. The room was very small, clean, decent linens and towels, etc. The hair dryer was annoyingly not in the bathroom, but that is typical of Europe and the UK, but you had to press the on-button to keep it going the entire time. The bathroom was very small and the shower was a tube that you could stand in and just turn-around. Flat screen TV with limited channels but we were there on business and not to watch TV so it was ok. Now to the negatives: furniture in the lobby well worn and not terribly clean. The wi-fi was horribly expensive and you had limited data. It was free in the lobby and bar/restaurant but not without a password and access code that had to be updated hourly. The breakfast was passable - not great and the coffee was horrible. Even though breakfast was included in our deal after the 2nd day we all shuddered at the thought of it and went to Caffe Nero's. All in the all, the price was right, and because we had 3 of us for a week, with limited time in the room except to sleep, we put up with it. Would I say here again? No, there are other economical options for business travel that I would opt for first. If price is what drives your decision picking this hotel won't be a disappointment for you. If you are looking for something a little more upscale in terms of amenities and decor - go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and i stayed there 6 days. What impressed our most was the friendly stafff,
My wife and i are allergic to lactose, when they found out about it, they immediately brought a low lactose milk can for us.
The breakfast was rich and nice.
The rooms are abit small ( ours was ok) and very clean.
The location was great, not far from the underground.
I will definitely come back

Room Tip: corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The location of this Hotel is Excellent - Near metro Gloucester Road near Queens Gate,
near Kensington Park - and only 5 minuters from Knightsbridge with the bus.
Reception and Concierge are very helpfull and friendly. The rooms are not very big but
clean and confortable - Breakfast is fair. The price is acceptable for the offered quality

Room Tip: take a room who is not located on the street side
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vincent D
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Added this one night stay onto our prebooked two day stay at another hotel and wished we'd been here all along. Lovely comfortable room (soft pillows which my wife needs), great bar serving great food at very reasonable prices. Booked direct and saved 10% plus free wifi (charged at £12.50 per day at the hotel) and wonderful complimentary breakfast (again charged £17 at the other hotel which when you may only want cereal, tea, juice and fruit is a bit excessive).

Will be our first choice when we visit London again

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were given a tea for two voucher for Christmas. We arrived and were met by a friendly receptionist who took our voucher and showed us to the hotel loos to freshen up. After that we were shown to our table by the resturant waitress. The food was lovely and can't be faulted but after a few minutes we were hassled for our voucher, we explained the receptionist had taken it. Then after another five minutes another waitress and the receptionist came back. The receptionist said loudly " oh yeah they went to the toilets after I took the voucher" to her colleague to confirm she had seen us. This was all in front of all the other guests. This made us feel very embarrassed. Then another five minutes later the shift leader receptionist came back with a scrap of paper and a pen as they had lost our voucher and wanted the code. I said can you not wait until after our meal and then we will try and find it. After all it was their fault they'd lost it! She agreed and left. By then the whole room was watching us. We left and took the voucher code to reception as we had luckily stored it on an email. Overall we felt totally humiliated by the repeated requests for the voucher that THEY had lost. It's not an experience we will be doing again.

• Stayed: April 2014