2 people are viewing this hotel
$182
Easy and fast booking
TeamRuk
Basel

Best value for your money - Freshly renovated, good service convenient location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 1, 2012
After ages and ages searching on the internet for a hotel for a weekend stay in London "Park International" was by far the best value for money in terms of location (one block from Glochester tube station on the same line that runs all the way to Heathrow) Freshly renovated hotel offered many services such as concierge, luggage storage, restaurant and bar in hotel breakfast included and room rates at a reasonable price.

These are the all the areas I look at when booking over the Internet. When I arrived I was not disappointed. Actually the hotel was renovated to a very high standard, even better than I imagined, breakfast area bright and airy, carpeted rooms and hallways good sound insulation no clonk clonk of shoes, room & bathroom shining new, room a little small but v. comfortable and I loved the soft beds. Location too very convenient to tube station and london center. Grocery shop, little restaurants on the same street. Pleasant professional staff.

The only little tip I would give is to ask for a room in the back if you are sensitive to traffic noise. Go to Breakfast early, buffet can run out of food and slow to refill.
Date of stay: November 2012
Room Tip: ask for a room in the back if you are sensitive to traffic noise
Trip type: Traveled with friends
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review
Responded Dec 2, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the opportunity to complete a review of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel and for scoring us a five out of five on TripAdvisor.

It was wonderful to read that after the extensive online browsing and a specified list of criteria that you chose the Park International Hotel as your weekend destination in London.

I was pleased to hear that upon your arrival at the hotel your expectations had been exceeded and you were warmly greeted by our pleasant and professional staff. I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms to be of an equally high standard in both cleanliness and comfort and that the location of the hotel was perfectly situated your travel requirements.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel on any future trips you may be planning to London.

Exterior View
4.9 miles from Park International Hotel
3.1 miles from Park International Hotel
View more hotels in London
3,196 results
All reviews cromwell road gloucester station royal albert hall the natural history museum piccadilly line breakfast room junior suite minute walk single room excellent location convenient location breakfast was included hyde park rooms are small tube kensington waitrose
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights while in London. The hotel had obviously been recently renovated. The room was a little small (ie- we couldn't fully open the wardrobe because it hit the bed), but the room was clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: December 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing us with your feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, I am pleased to read that both you and your family had an enjoyable, comfortable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night...hotel reception area and public rooms were lovely.Bedroom was okay and had a fridge which would be handy if staying longer. Bathroom was also very nice. I found mattress to be really soft...but maybe thats just my preferance. Quality of breakfast was not very good...orange juice was weak as was coffee...bread was not covered and had went hard lying out. The breakfast room however was very nice a comfortable...my only critism was the mats on the tables were not clean...and it may be better not to have had mats on the tables. Staff were all helpful and pleasant. Would stay again and will recommend to others.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback with regards to your recent stay at our hotel, I am pleased to read that you had short yet enjoyable time at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for identifying a number of aspects that could assist in enhancing our breakfast service, I will take all your points into consideration when discussing this with our Breakfast Manager and see what can be done to improve on these areas.

I would like to thank you for recommending the Park International hotel to your colleges and fellow TripAdvisor users and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

At Park International Hotel you always get a wonderful quality of service from the welcome as you arrive right to the effortless check out on departure. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are amazing with a wonderful breakfast second to none. One thing I would recommend is to upgrade to a heritage room on the 1st floor as they are all goregous with the attention to detail you would find in a 5 star Park Lane bedroom. A fabulous hotel right across the book.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, it is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback like yours.

It was wonderful to read that as a returning guest you found our level of customer service to be consistently of a high standard and that on this occasion you had decided to upgrade to one of our first floor Heritage rooms.I am pleased to hear that you found the décor and finishing’s of the room to be to your liking as each of these rooms have been individually designed and decorated to enhance certain features and characteristic’s that gives each Heritage Deluxe and Junior Suite room their own very distinctive style and personality.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel upon your next trip to London.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights in the Park International. I chose it based on other tripadvisor reviews -- I read that it was clean, convenient to attractions and Heathrow airport, and that a decent breakfast was included in the price. We found all this to be true. We had a late night flight coming in and worried if we'd be able to figure out how to get from Heathrow to Gloucester Rd tube station, then to the hotel. We were surprised at how smoothly everything went -- from the airport, we purchased Oyster cards and hopped on the blue Piccadilly line, and about 40 mins later, we were at the Gloucester station. The trip cost us only 2 pounds each. From Gloucester station, you come out and make a left going in the direction of the Crown Plaza hotel which is easy to spot. The hotel is about a couple of blocks away. Some positives: Sparkling clean rooms, nice big breakfast area with lots of tables and an excellent food selection with hot and cold items, fridge in room, toiletries included lotion, shower gel, and conditioning shampoo, no free Internet in-room but you can get it in free 30-min increments in the lobby, Waitrose grocery store near the tube station. Some negatives: Tiny room with small window (but I hear that's to be expected in London), no small washcloths (we didn't bother to ask), no room service (not that we really needed it), hallways were VERY warm. In terms of attractions, my husband and I are used to walking a lot and went as far as Harrods, then to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and a few other places as part of a walking tour (we recommend the Sandeman's London tour). Overall, we had a great hotel experience and would stay there again.

Room tip: We had a double bed in room 518. It was a tiny room with a not-so-great view. If a view is important to you, try to get another room.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glenroy2012

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to provide both myself and our fellow TripAdvisor readers with a such an in depth review with regards to your recent stay with us, it was an absolute pleasure to read that you had chosen to say at our hotel due to previous guest reviews and that we had managed to live up to our multiple reviews of being an immaculately maintained centrally located hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for mentioning out both the positive aspects of your stay as well as any areas that we may be able to improve upon. I was pleased to read that you found you room to be “sparkling clean” and that the in room services and amenities were to your liking, it was also wonderful to read that you enjoyed the variety of items we have on offer on our breakfast buffet.

I am delighted to announce that we are in our final stages of preparing our room service selection and this will be available to all our guests at the start of the new year, we also do provide wash cloths to guests rooms upon request.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel on your next visit to London.