“Quality at an affordable price, though some issues with front desk”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #345 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel in July. Overall, we enjoyed a pleasant stay and would return to this hotel in the future. The Park International is a well maintained 4* hotel, situated close to the major South Kensington Museums, a short walk from Gloucester Road Tube Station and a stone's throw from Hyde Park.

The rooms, though of average size, are of contemporary design; are well maintained and of a high standard. The King size bed is very comfortable and hotel is quiet from late evening, allowing for a decent night's sleep. The Bathrooms were equally modern and shower's decent. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard, which was a pleasant surprise, given the high turnover at this hotel.

Breakfast was buffet style and the breakfast room tends to get quite busy at peak times. Some of the breakfast room staff, whilst helpful, seemed to struggle, meaning some food selections were not replaced quickly once they had run out. The buffet selection was ok, though not overly extensive and I would have preferred a wider choice of items. Many of the items also seemed to be over-salted.

The hotel staff were generally friendly and courteous. However, some of the individuals on the front desk need some additional training. This includes a lady, whom i assume was the front desk manager, whom was somewhat humourless and also spoke to some of the other staff quite harshly, in front of the guests. However, the worst for me was one of the concierges, whom was quite lazy in his approach and didnt seem on top of his facts.

For example, I inquired the opening times of the discount theatre ticket box office in Leicester Square. The concierge did not tell me the opening times, advising me not to trust the Leicester Square discount ticket office and insisting on giving me the details of his preferred agent. Now, it so happens that I'm British and previously lived in London for 13 years. I know the Leicester Square discount ticket box is an official agent of the London Society of Theatres and is both well known and trusted by Londoners. So either the concierge was ignorant of this fact, or worse still, he was on commission from the other agent? One further example was when i asked him about the opening times of the Natural History Museum. I asked for this information 2x and all I got was a vague answer that it was open to 6 or 7pm. This is lazy and just not good enough. The other concierge was much better and well informed.

On the positive, the staff on the reservation telephone line we extremely friendly and helpful when making our booking and dealing with a special request we had about my son. Equally, the room service and cleaning staff were all well trained and friendly.

Overall, we enjoyed a good stay at the hotel and the issues mention are down to a couple of individuals. This hotel is generally of a high standard, at a reasonable priced and is centrally located. It's an ideal base for any visitor wanting to tour central London, particularly if you plan to spend time in the major South Kensington Museums. Access to the West End and theatres is also good, given the Piccadilly Line runs direct from nearby Gloucester Road Tube Station to Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AnEnglishmaninAsia
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with such constructive feedback of your recent stay at the Park International Hotel, we as a hotel appreciate all the feedback that we receive form our guests both positive and negative as it allows us the opportunity to improve on any element that would enhance our standards or customer service.

It was wonderful to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the décor of our rooms to be to your liking. I would like to thank you for your special mention with regards to the cleanliness of your room and I will happily pass on your wonderful comments to our housekeeping team.

I have taken your feedback with regards to our breakfast team during peak times into consideration and will discuss this with our breakfast Manager to see what procedures we could put in place or perhaps what training we could provide in order to improve on this.

I would like to thank you for bringing your unsatisfactory experience at our front desk to my attention as I can assure you this is not the level of customer service that we offer to our guests. I will conduct an investigation into this matter with both the reception and concierge teams in order to address and rectify these issues with the appropriate staff members. I am however pleased to hear that our reservations department went out of their way to assist you with your request.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your family back on any future trips you may be planning to London.

There are newer reviews for Park International Hotel

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Hotel is nice! No problems and we had a good stay.
Breakfast is very good, location is nice, close to the tube and the bar/restaurant is nice as well.
The downside was that the bed was not for our liking, too soft... And you have to pay for wi-fi.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read that your overall experience at our hotel was a pleasant one and that you found the location of our property to be particularly convenient for your travel requirements.

I am however disappointed to hear that our beds were not to your liking, during our refurbishment we had replaced each unit and have received some very positive feedback from a number of our guests. With regards to the wireless facility available at the hotel we do offer a complimentary service in our lobby and bar area should you not wish to purchase a voucher for access in your room.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Booked three twin rooms for four nights in September 2012. We had large rooms overlooking the street but no traffic noise. Pristine bathroom looked brand new with lovely roomy shower. Indeed the whole hotel looked newly refurbished to a high standard. Very comfortable beds with lovely fluffy pillows. Generous breakfast in light airy breakfast room. All staff went out of their way to be helpful. Good location a few minutes walk to Gloucester Rd. Tube. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone of any age, including the picky fusspots among us.

Room Tip: Room 215 is very spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide us with the feedback of your recent stay with us, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback like yours.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the standard and services of our bedrooms to be of high calibre. It was also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast selection each morning and that all our staff went out of their way to be as helpful as possible.

We do look forward to welcoming you and the “picky fusspots” back to the Park International Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived on Friday the 14th Sept for a 2 night stay, we were located on the 5th floor at the front of the hotel. my wife could hear the traffic at night time but it was not loud, the following morning I spoke to the reception and they moved us to another room on the ground floor without delay.
On the Saturday morning we heard the laundry company returning the clean bedding at 05:15hrs as the guys were shouting. I went and told them to be quiet and all was well. when we checked out we had to complete a questionnaire, we mentioned the laundry staff making a noise and this was pushed up to the management straight away, who then rang the company. This hotel is outstanding in staff helpfulness, service, cleanliness. all the staff go out of their way to ensure you have an enjoyable stay and if you do have a complaint it is sorted without delay or fuss. I would definatley go back to this hotel and would recommend it to al. thank you for a great weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Park International Hotel and for your wonderful feedback with regards to the service you had experienced during your stay.

I am pleased to read our reception team were able to assist you with your request to move to a quieter room on the back side of the property and that they were able to so without delay. I was also happy to hear that you took the time to complete our in-house questionnaire and upon receiving your feedback our Front Office Manager got in contact with the laundry company in order to rectify this situation so that it would not repeat itself in the future.

I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to fellow Tripadvisor users and, we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff! Breakfast was also very good, because they offer both continental and English breakfast. The location as well is very interesting, because the nearest tube station is only a 2 min walk away, and the blue, yellow and green line stop there. Next time we come to London, we'll definitely stay at the Park International hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sir

Thank you for providing such positive feedback of your recent stay with us and for rating the Park International Hotel a five out of five on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the variety of options we offer in our Orchid breakfast room.

We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The original room allocated to us was small with an even smaller bathroom in which only one person could go in at a time and there was just about enough room to turn around in. This was just about ok for an average size person. The floors were laminate and the bed was on castors so there was a safety issue as each time you sat on the bed it moved quiet dramatically across the room. Would have been lethal for someone of poor mobility or slightly unstable. Fortunately we were moved for our second night and cannot fault the quality of that room or the service provided.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Karl G, Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Madam

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Park International Hotel, I am sorry to hear that you did not find our cottage theme room design to your liking. As we had discussed on the day of your departure we have taken your comments on board with regards to the mobility of the beds on the wooden flooring and we will implement the necessary changes to improve on this feature. I am however pleased that you had been relocated to a room of your preference on the second night of your say.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Myself and my Mum stayed here when we went to the Olympics in August, we had a wonderful stay, staff so helpful, lovely bar, and breakfast was really good. Reception staff very friendly lovely welcome would go stay here every time I am in london from now on. Sue Elk.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Madam

I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback with regards to your recent stay at the Park International Hotel over the Olympic period, I am sure you will agree with me in saying that atmosphere in London was electrifying and team GB did us proud.

I was delighted to read that that you had an enjoyable stay with us and this seems to be due to the wonderful and friendly service you experienced from our entire team throughout your stay.

We do look forward to welcoming back on your next visit to London.