My family and I stayed at this hotel in July. Overall, we enjoyed a pleasant stay and would return to this hotel in the future. The Park International is a well maintained 4* hotel, situated close to the major South Kensington Museums, a short walk from Gloucester Road Tube Station and a stone's throw from Hyde Park.
The rooms, though of average size, are of contemporary design; are well maintained and of a high standard. The King size bed is very comfortable and hotel is quiet from late evening, allowing for a decent night's sleep. The Bathrooms were equally modern and shower's decent. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard, which was a pleasant surprise, given the high turnover at this hotel.
Breakfast was buffet style and the breakfast room tends to get quite busy at peak times. Some of the breakfast room staff, whilst helpful, seemed to struggle, meaning some food selections were not replaced quickly once they had run out. The buffet selection was ok, though not overly extensive and I would have preferred a wider choice of items. Many of the items also seemed to be over-salted.
The hotel staff were generally friendly and courteous. However, some of the individuals on the front desk need some additional training. This includes a lady, whom i assume was the front desk manager, whom was somewhat humourless and also spoke to some of the other staff quite harshly, in front of the guests. However, the worst for me was one of the concierges, whom was quite lazy in his approach and didnt seem on top of his facts.
For example, I inquired the opening times of the discount theatre ticket box office in Leicester Square. The concierge did not tell me the opening times, advising me not to trust the Leicester Square discount ticket office and insisting on giving me the details of his preferred agent. Now, it so happens that I'm British and previously lived in London for 13 years. I know the Leicester Square discount ticket box is an official agent of the London Society of Theatres and is both well known and trusted by Londoners. So either the concierge was ignorant of this fact, or worse still, he was on commission from the other agent? One further example was when i asked him about the opening times of the Natural History Museum. I asked for this information 2x and all I got was a vague answer that it was open to 6 or 7pm. This is lazy and just not good enough. The other concierge was much better and well informed.
On the positive, the staff on the reservation telephone line we extremely friendly and helpful when making our booking and dealing with a special request we had about my son. Equally, the room service and cleaning staff were all well trained and friendly.
Overall, we enjoyed a good stay at the hotel and the issues mention are down to a couple of individuals. This hotel is generally of a high standard, at a reasonable priced and is centrally located. It's an ideal base for any visitor wanting to tour central London, particularly if you plan to spend time in the major South Kensington Museums. Access to the West End and theatres is also good, given the Piccadilly Line runs direct from nearby Gloucester Road Tube Station to Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park International Hotel is a contemporary hotel located in the heart of Kensington. The hotel is within walking distance from Harrods, Royal Albert Hall, National History Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum and Hyde Park. The property features 171 well-appointed and modern rooms along with newly refurbished public areas. The Heritage Deluxe rooms on the first floor are beautifully designed and feature high ceilings, contributing to the elegance of our luxury 4 star hotel in London. Our guests can unwind and enjoy a cocktail at the Checkmate Restaurant and Bar which also offers live music and a delicious Thai and British Food menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park International London
- Hotel Park International
- Park International Hotel London, England