“Great in some ways, terrible in others”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #373 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Chicago, Illinois
“Great in some ways, terrible in others”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Rooms are very clean, decent decor, all the basic functions working well, decent size. Bathroom is perfect- lots of space and BY FAR the best shower I've ever had outside the US. Hot water, large shower head, plenty of room, super clean, good water pressure. Lobby is super clean and pretty updated.
Negatives- the website suggests there is a gym, and you don't know that it's not available yet unless you click further into their info. I had counted on a gym. When I asked the staff about this they said I could go to a Virgin gym 10 minutes away ... it was 20, and when you trying to squeeze a workout in during a business trip you don't usually have that extra time. No offer to pay for the gym for me due to the miscommunication.
Also when I checked in no one said there was free wi-fi so I paid for it, then it was down a half day and when I called to check it the staff again didn't tell me I should never have paid even though I asked to be reimbursed... later that night I was still trying to resolve the issue and got Rita- she was awesome, apologized, got me reimbursed and cleared up that I shouldn't have paid for internet - but I had to talk to 2 other staff member before I found that out. Basically - the front desk is very pleasant but needs training. They made my trip frustrating, but the hotel itself is good and good value. Would try it again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sld123
FabioLeoni, Duty Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, as we do appreciate all guests comments to help maintain and improve our standards.
Our gym is indeed opening soon and we are very much looking forward to it.
With regards to the internet connection, thank you for bringing up this matter to our attention. We currently have different options: the business package (which I believe is the one you originally purchased) that gives you unlimited access and the complimentary wi-fi which allows you to access e-mails, social networks and all websites (with limited access). I will contact our internet provider and enquire whether these options can be displayed better when logging in and encourage the hotel staff to inform our guests.
I am glad to read you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel.

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Excellent location, great service and fabulous rooms. I have stayed there on a short sightseeing trip with my sister. Following very warm welcome it turned out our room was ready 1 hour early. Room was very clean, modern and had everything we wanted. Breakfast was good-standard as most hotels. Location was great-only 5min walk from the tube station. I loved their new bar-great cocktails, perfect to relax after whole day of walking around London. Staff was very professional, helpful and always smiling. I have to honest it is a great value for money! Be aware there are ongoing renovations works going on but if you are going to see London you won’t be in the hotel during those times. Will recommended to everyone and will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank CorkKatie1
FabioLeoni, Duty Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our brand-new rooms. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for the best available rate.

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

We have stayed at the Park International Hotel now a number of times. And it's getting better each time !!! Location in Cromwell road, just about 2 min. walk away from Gloucester Road tube station is superb. Or if you don't like the underground then there is a bus stop about 100m away which will get you to Marble Arch in no time. From there the connections are endless. There is a huge Sainsbury grocery store 1 min. walk in one direction or a Waitrose store in the other direction (at the Gloucester Rd. tube station). A laundromat is also only 1 min. walk away. Sine our previous visit the Park Internation Hotel has undergone wonderful renovations. Our Delux King room was perfect with a small fridge and a smallish but new and well functioning bathroom. A long walk to the elevator this time though. I should have asked for a room closer to the lift. The staff are super friendly. All of them !! And soooo helpful. And I love the new Checkers bar/dining room. So convenient and not too expensive either. But there are also many reasonably priced restaurants within 1 or 2 min. walk from the Hotel. (Italian, Thai, Indian) I am almost reluctant to share all this with fellow travellers as I'd like to keep it our own secret little find. Oh, and have I mentioned the buffet breakfast ??? Again, all the girls are super-friendly and it's something to look forward to each and every morning. I can't wait to come back and only hope that you will never change your magic formula.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will definitely pass the positive comments to all staff members and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Park International Hotel!

Everett, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

This lovely older hotel has just gone through updating and renovations. Hallways and many rooms are small, but very nicely decorated. Staff were wonderful and helpful. Our room was "itty bitty". My 6 foot plus husband had a bit of trouble in the small double bed, but the rooms are sweet. Our only glitches: rooms lacked sufficient information on the amenties of the hotel and surrounding area. We are used to a notebook of information as a resource. For example, we had to ask for restaurant hours (menu is posted in lift, but not hours), we had to ask if there was room service. We were told 'no room service', but I think this person meant there was no room service when the restaurant was not open. I was never clear on this answer. There is a fitness area but no information on it. We had to ask about surrounding area and restaurants. They were very accommodating with answers, but could avoid having to answer these questions redundantly by providing information in the rooms. We had two rooms. In one the shower only went from real hot to extremely hot. The cold valve didn't work. These are newly decorated rooms with new modern fixtures. This was a slight aberation. Other than these minor points, all staff were extremely helpful. The lobby is beautiful, the restaurant and bar are beautiful, good menu. Breakfast has many choices from fruit and cereal to full English breakfast. The hotel is lovely.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read about the positive comments on our facilities and staff. We will definitely take into consideration your remarks about the hotel information in guest rooms. We hope to welcome you back to the Park International Hotel soon!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Great place to stay! Very comfortable, clean, helpful and convenient. Lots of eating places nearby and a grocery store too. The underground is just a couple of blocks away. The staff was very helpful as well. Recently renovated. Very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TX2Step_11
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed by our new facilities.
We hope to welcome you back to the Park International Hotel soon!

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

After reading many reviews on London hotels for our recent vacation, I decided, somewhat begrudgingly, on the Park International. All hotels in London are expensive and they all get good and bad reviews, so it is hard to determine what the best or better choice would be. At least, the Park had a good location (a block away from the Picaddilly line, Gloucester Rd stop, and right next to wonderful neighborhood restaurants and grocery stores), and decent price per night.
Upon arrival we noticed that the hotel smelt new! A complete renovation had been done in May. Our hotel room was brand new, clean, with free wifi, new flat screen and a modern bathroom. When we booked this was not so, but it turned out that breakfast was also included (bonus!).
The hotel features a modern Thai restaurant and bar, which have specials for hotel guests.
The staff was also very helpful and pleasant.
Bottom line is that we were pleasantly surprised by the Park International and would not hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011
FabioLeoni, Duty Manager at Park International Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to read you were impressed with our new facilities and hope to welcome you back to the Park International Hotel very soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We had a good experience staying in this hotel. The rooms are smallish as in most of places in London but they do a very good job to create a proper hotel feel. Everything is freshly decorated and the furniture and fittings are good. The bathroom and the shower in particular are excellent, the staff is very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast is nothing spectacular but everything you would expect, in a good quality. A bit on teh more expensive side but worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and were particularly impressed by the new facilities and our friendly staff.
We hope to welcome you back to the Park International Hotel soon!