“Fantastic New Hotel - Awesome Service”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #84 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Alta, Utah
“Fantastic New Hotel - Awesome Service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo in Earls Court in late July. We were given a fifth floor room (501) that was very comfortable. It was quite large by London standards, with great quality bedding and a terrific shower. Skyline views were available from the sloping skylight windows.

The hotel, as others have mentioned, is just a one minute walk from the Earls Court Tube Station. It is so easy to reach, especially if you've just landed at Heathrow.

The staff were awesome at the hotel. I had made a note on my reservation that it was our anniversary, and they surprised us with roses and a card welcoming us! It was very nice.

We dined in the restaurant just one evening, and found the food creatively prepared and very appetizing. We would not hesitate to stay there again!

Note though that the two rooms on the fifth floor do require taking stairs as the elevators (lifts) only reach the fourth floor.

Room Tip: See above re: 5th floor rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank slckiwi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Booked room via IHG promotions got a superb deal.
Really only two-minute walk from Earls' Court Tube Station. My room is super clean - hats off to the cleaning team as the layout of the room is relatively irregular hence not easy to clean. The room is also very modern and stylish and has everything you need and more - every quality item in the minibar is free. The bed is beautiful and comfortable which gave me a good night sleep!

The gym is well equipped and maintained; opens 24/7. Good machines.

The restaurant - the dinner was above excellent; main course surf and turf was very good value of money with the best chips I have ever had; I then finished the whole waffle even I do not have a sweet tooth and the service was not only friendly, attentive, but also very very warm. If there was anything I would suggest to the hotel it would probably be the breakfast - there was a variety of options but the buffet was not quite ready and it took some time for the cooked items. However, the tea was served with proper tea sets and milk in a bottle!

This is a customer-focused hotel with great attention to detail!

Room Tip: Join IHG rewards club - complimentary late check-out when available!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

As stated on other reviews, the hotel is very sleek and modern and the rooms although quite tight in space, are very nicely decorated with complimentary mini bar and robes etc. I would have a query as other travellers that they are what are classed as "king size" beds in the real world as definitely wasn't as big as the king size bed I have at home.

We had a drink in the bar in the evening, very quirky menus for food etc. The bar is touted on the website as a home of molecular and carbonised cocktails so I was looking forward to try these, but there is no guide in the menu to explain if this relates to some or all the cocktails and as a cocktail novice I had no idea what to look for.

Overall given location and standard of room I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Sunny Tigs

Thank you for leaving a review and I am glad you liked the sleek and modern feel to the hotel.

The beds are all UK King Size measuring 2m x 1.5m and this is throughout the hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed the bar and particularly the quirky menus.

The molecular and carbonised cocktails are all within the Norman Lockyer collection in the cocktail book. Norman Lockyer was a Victorian amateur astronomer who eventually became the Director of the Solar Physics Observatory in Kensington which would have been in the local neighbourhood of the hotel when it stood as three mansion houses.

I am really pleased that you would stay here again and we hope that you do!

Brooke
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we occasionally visit London it's always a gamble when choosing a Hotel to stay at.
Last year we were fortunate enough to stay at the Barkston Gardens Hotel in Earl's Court during their transformation week to the Indigo name. And we had the overall impression of something good about to happen. Promising to return, we visited this weekend and things only got better. The staff are classic examples of friendliness and helpfulness. The room - we had a suite - was perfect and we took photos to show our friends. The interior designer should be congratulated for the imaginative use of bold colors. The breakfast we had - eggs benedict, waffles, pancakes plus the buffet was top class in taste and presentation and was served by attentive and courteous staff. Location on the Picadilly Line direct from London Heathrow is perfect for us. I hope this high standard can be maintained, because I think we'll be planning a trip back sooner than later to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Gorgeous hotel with lovely staff and superb attention to detail. Location was great with Earls Court Tube station less than a minutes walk. Best breakfast I've ever had in a hotel and the complimentary mini bar was a great touch. Unfortunately did not get to try the evening menu but it sounded delicious. The only negative was a bit of noise caused by maintenance but this was purely coincidental and the reception handled the situation very efficiently

• Stayed August 2013
Middlesex,England
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I stayed in this Hotel for our anniversary & I have to say probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in,everyone in the hotel made us feel welcome &
the room & breakfast was awesome,just a short walk from the tube six stops & your in piccadilly circus,I love this hotel wouldnt stay anywhere else in London

• Stayed August 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

From the moment I walked into the chic and trendy reception to the the moment I left, I was treated to a 5* service.

Having stayed in many London hotels I have become one of those corporate travellers that go into autopilot when checking in. The decor and very attentive staff turned that off and made an ordinary stay extraordinary.

I will 100% be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business