“One of the better London hotels!”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #90 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 12, 2013

As stated on other reviews, the hotel is very sleek and modern and the rooms although quite tight in space, are very nicely decorated with complimentary mini bar and robes etc. I would have a query as other travellers that they are what are classed as "king size" beds in the real world as definitely wasn't as big as the king size bed I have at home.

We had a drink in the bar in the evening, very quirky menus for food etc. The bar is touted on the website as a home of molecular and carbonised cocktails so I was looking forward to try these, but there is no guide in the menu to explain if this relates to some or all the cocktails and as a cocktail novice I had no idea what to look for.

Overall given location and standard of room I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Sunny Tigs

Thank you for leaving a review and I am glad you liked the sleek and modern feel to the hotel.

The beds are all UK King Size measuring 2m x 1.5m and this is throughout the hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed the bar and particularly the quirky menus.

The molecular and carbonised cocktails are all within the Norman Lockyer collection in the cocktail book. Norman Lockyer was a Victorian amateur astronomer who eventually became the Director of the Solar Physics Observatory in Kensington which would have been in the local neighbourhood of the hotel when it stood as three mansion houses.

I am really pleased that you would stay here again and we hope that you do!

Brooke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,944)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we occasionally visit London it's always a gamble when choosing a Hotel to stay at.
Last year we were fortunate enough to stay at the Barkston Gardens Hotel in Earl's Court during their transformation week to the Indigo name. And we had the overall impression of something good about to happen. Promising to return, we visited this weekend and things only got better. The staff are classic examples of friendliness and helpfulness. The room - we had a suite - was perfect and we took photos to show our friends. The interior designer should be congratulated for the imaginative use of bold colors. The breakfast we had - eggs benedict, waffles, pancakes plus the buffet was top class in taste and presentation and was served by attentive and courteous staff. Location on the Picadilly Line direct from London Heathrow is perfect for us. I hope this high standard can be maintained, because I think we'll be planning a trip back sooner than later to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Gorgeous hotel with lovely staff and superb attention to detail. Location was great with Earls Court Tube station less than a minutes walk. Best breakfast I've ever had in a hotel and the complimentary mini bar was a great touch. Unfortunately did not get to try the evening menu but it sounded delicious. The only negative was a bit of noise caused by maintenance but this was purely coincidental and the reception handled the situation very efficiently

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I stayed in this Hotel for our anniversary & I have to say probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in,everyone in the hotel made us feel welcome &
the room & breakfast was awesome,just a short walk from the tube six stops & your in piccadilly circus,I love this hotel wouldnt stay anywhere else in London

Reviewed August 5, 2013

From the moment I walked into the chic and trendy reception to the the moment I left, I was treated to a 5* service.

Having stayed in many London hotels I have become one of those corporate travellers that go into autopilot when checking in. The decor and very attentive staff turned that off and made an ordinary stay extraordinary.

I will 100% be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a Saturday night and had a superb stay. I think the chain have done a great job with the decor which was fun and modern. The location is great, a quiet street just minutes from Earls Court tube station.
The room was a nice size overlooking a private park. The only small thing was I wouldn't call it a king executive room if you are comparing it to others, it was more like a large double, but the room was fab anyway so it wasn't a problem at all. Given the location I thought the room was a really generous size. The bathroom was fab with a great drench shower, and there were other great touches like the iPod dock and quality complimentary tea, coffee, shower gels etc.
Breakfast was superb loads of variety, well cooked and really good quality. The staff were all so friendly and helpful too. All in all for the price, and location we couldn't fault our stay. There were so many nice touches and given this is part of a chain I think it has been done really well.

• Stayed: August 2013
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear GMadcat

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for leaving a review.

I am glad that you enjoyed both the size and the view from the room and the extra complimentary amenities that we offer to our guests.

The size of the bed is a UK King size measuring 1.5m x 2.0m and this is the size of the bed throughout the hotel.

Yes Hotel Indigo is the boutique brand that sits within Intercontinental Hotel Group allowing us to offer the consistencies and reliability of a chain hotel, but keeping the design of the hotel unique.

I will pass your comments onto the team and we hope you stay with us again.

Kind Regards,
Brooke
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed for one night and it was amazing! Lovely hotel just 2 mins from Earls Court Station. The staff were very friendly and also has a quirky bar for cocktails and champagne. The bed was extra amazing...it was so comfy and I could of stayed in bed all day. Quirky deco and loved the complimentary Aveda products, mini bar and snacks. Will definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends