“Loved this hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I loved this hotel! The hotel was just around the corner of from the Earl's Court tube stop which was very convenient. The hotel itself was very lovely and unique. The room was a little small and the bed a bit hard but overall I had a nice stay and would definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. It's new, it's stylish and it's very-very convenient. The room was nice and clean, with proper coffee machine, tea and soft drinks thrown in. Aveda toiletries in the bath. If you come just to sleep, it's ok, otherwise, it's very very tiny. My room was very small and even the bathroom felt more spacious and bigger. Shower took 15 mins to warm up and there is no heating in the bathroom and with the big window, so freeeezing cold. Surprising that they thought of everything when refurbishing it, but not the heated floor or even a small heated towel rail in the bathroom? Generally, would recommend it, if you can get a sensible price, just for the location. It's literally across the road from Earls court tube.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Emmi Mae L, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear travelproLux,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed the style and cleanliness of the room as well as the complimentary mini bar. Thank you for bringing to our attention the temperature of the water during your stay, since this has happened we have had our plumbers come out to rectify the issue and it is now working properly. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences caused during your stay.
We hope to see you again in the future,
grm@hotelindigokensington.co.uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I checked in early at 10am and my room was ready, so I dropped my bags off before heading to my meetings. I was upgraded to a Junior suite with a well stocked fridge, two king size beds and beautiful flower scenes on a feature wall. Apparently the area in the 1800s was a market garden and they've adopted this as a theme.

On returning to my room at night they had turned down my bed, made me a complimentary flask of hot chocolate to help me sleep and closed the curtains. I had complimentary Wi-Fi and a seating area. There was a walk in shower, but no bath for those that are partial to a soak. Again it was well stocked with shampoos etc.

I didn't eat breakfast, however the restaurant looked inviting.

One thing to note is that there was no disabled entrance I could see and there were several steps up to the front door (not sure if the hotel has a ramp).

One to return to, oh it is a 2 min walk from Earl's Court tube!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Emmi Mae L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Youngklaus,

Dear
Thank you for your feedback from your most recent stay.
Thank you for your lovely comments on our theme of the hotel and our neighbourhood story; The Barkston Gardens, we have tried very hard to incorporate this into our hotel and when guests notice it, it is such a lovely feeling.
I’m glad you enjoyed the junior suite which you stayed in, the turn down service provided and the WI-FI available for you also.
We do in fact have an accessible access plan for any guests with these needs, but thank you for mentioning it.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I really wish I could keep this wonderful trendy little hotel to myself but I must share it with the world!

We stayed for 2 nights recently and the location, rooms, cleanliness etc were wonderful. The staff was helpful and the beds were heavenly!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Emmi Mae L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Maria S,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on the hotel from your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the service and product/s available here for you.

We hope we have the opportunity to house you here again in the future!

Krasnodar, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had high expectations based on great TE reviews but reality turned out to be not as good as expected:
1) While hotel advertises rooms as " king bed executive" the beds are NOT king size. They are approximately 1.40-1.60m wide so are close to double or queen size beds. Bed size is the same in all rooms.
2) Hotel occupies an old building so despite all renovation done and all efforts to reduce noise (e.g. by asking children not to shout the corridors) the noise is there unless you are really lucky to have extremely quiet neighbours. Yet the old floor will still squeak when they are passing by or walking in roomes above and next to you. Windows and doors are not soundproof either.
3) Wardrobes are very small for 2 people
4) Breakfast room is small and buffet choice is limited
On a positive side:
1) Hotel staff is very friendly and does its best to serve with a smile
2) Mini-bar is free
3) Location is very good - just off Earls Court tube, yet on a relatively quiet street

Room Tip: As for a room far from elevator - rooms are not soundproof so you hear everything from the corridor
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Ikarnauk

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations.

I am however very happy that the staff’s friendliness stood out to you and that you enjoyed the complimentary mini-bar. We are very lucky with the location of the hotel being so well connected to central London yet on a very quiet street overlooking Barkston Gardens.

All the beds in the hotel are a UK King Size measuring 150cm x 200cm, I will resolve this issue by specifying “UK” on our website and I apologise for any misguidance this has caused you.

The hotel was originally three mansion houses in the Victorian Era, this theme runs throughout the hotel with all the employees being bought a Lady or Lord title, but also keeping original features such as the stained glass windows and iron gates outside. In terms of soundproofing the hotel, the doors and walls are all soundproofed and acoustic tests were carried out to ensure this, as our corridors are long, dating back to the time when the building was houses, some of the rooms will inevitably get more people walking past their rooms. However we also have rooms that are segregated away from these corridors that are extremely quiet and these can of course be requested before your stay or at check in.

All the wardrobes have 8 hangers included however you can of course always request more from housekeeping if you have more items to hang. The other side of the wardrobe includes the kettle making facilities and mini bar so the wardrobe is smaller and could be a challenge especially for guests that are with us for an extended stay. If you do have extra luggage that you do not need during your stay we can also store this in our secure luggage room.

Brooke
Lee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very good hotel, well situated for central London and all it's trappings. Situated just 2 mins from Earls Court tube station but down a side road facing a leafy square so it is really quiet. Very easy to find. Very helpful staff. Great breakfast selection - ours was included in the room rate but the cost could start to stack up if it is not included and you only have a room only rate.
Our room was very clean and modern looking. A very high bed that was a struggle to get into. Superb bathroom if small but functional. Shower only. This was one of their 'superior' rooms apparently in the basement. We did have a small window but it looked out onto a very dreary small central courtyard - it was not a very big room which for 2 nights was ok but I think if I was there for more than that I would start to feel a bit claustrophobic

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Emmi Mae L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Pappy965,
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel.
I’m glad you found our hotel so conveniently located and easy to find. I’m glad you enjoyed the breakfast; we have been working on the selection over the past month to ensure the selection is at a great standard, so thank you for your feedback.
Thank you for your feedback on the room which you stayed in, perhaps if you stay again you could contact me and I could arrange a more spacious room for you?
Hope to see you again in the future!

grm@hotelindigokensington.co.uk
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and the hotel was great especially considering the price. In a great location to the tube and also local shops and restaurants. Nicely furnished room and a great bathroom. Staff very welcoming and friendly. I would not hesitate in staying there again and would tell friends to stay there also.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple