“First stay at an Indigo”

Hotel Indigo London Kensington
Ranked #85 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Rutland
“First stay at an Indigo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

and was impressed. Part of IHG but a world away from the uniformity of a Holiday Inn or Crowne Plaza. Very nice room with complimentary mini bar and wi-fi, a bit noisy at the front but nothing major, fitness room available . 100 metres from Earls Court tube makes it an excellent base for travelling around London. I didn't have the breakfast as it seemed to be a fixed £20 and there are a lot of options to eat just around the corner for less than half thet. For £109 on a Saturday night great value , would return and use other Indigo properties happily.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Sean09

Thank you for trying the Hotel Indigo Brand and we are so happy that you are impressed! The rooms at the front have such a great view over Barkston Gardens but for a silent room the ones at the back are great. It is so easy to travel anywhere in London being right next to Earl’s Court which is on 3 major tube lines as well as they over ground. That is great that you will now visit more Hotel Indigo properties and we hope that you return to see us soon!

Brooke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good hotel, clean and comfortable. Room small but for London probably quite roomy. Didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment. It is really handy to Earls Court tube station and is only a short walk from Gloucester road where there are a good selection of restaurants. Staff were very helpful the only negative I have was that I fancied a night cap of Sambuca and for two nights in a row they didn't have any, so I stopped asking. However our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable and would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Michele B

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback. The location really is great here and such a short stroll from many amazing restaurants. I apologise that we has run out of sambuca I will speak with the food and beverage manager and rectify that situation immediately. Thank you for recommending the hotel and we hope you come back soon!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent one night at the Indigo Hotel in Earls Court. From start to finish the experience was first class. I was upgraded by the hotel due to it being my birthday and presented with a card and a bowl of fruit,which was a lovely touch. The room and the hotel were fabulous and had been recently refurbished so everything felt new and clean including a fantastic bathroom. The attention to detail was everywhere, lovely fluffy towels,robes and slippers, aveda toiletries, a complimentary mini bar with wine and snacks. The breakfast also was second to none in particular presentation and taste....my favourite eggs benedict was also served.

The hotel staff were all polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I had no problems connecting to the free wifi either and it is literally a two minute walk from Earls Court tube station.I would highly recommend this hotel...one of the nicest i have stayed in for a while and will definitely rebook on my return to London.

Room Tip: Room 209 has a lovely bathroom with big walk in rain shower.
Dear Traveller1641

Great to hear your experience was “first class”! I am so glad that the team went above and beyond to make your birthday special. The towels are amazing and absolutely huge and great to hear that you took advantage of the complimentary mini bar and Aveda toiletries. We have worked really hard on our breakfast offering so I am so glad that you liked the layout and Eggs Benedict is my favourite too!

That’s good to hear that the employees all delivered great service and I will pass your kind comments on the team. Thank you so much for recommending the hotel and I do hope we wish you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a real treasure of a hotel! Newly refurbished, everywhere is clean and modern. We loved the decor in our room! The colours are vivid but tasteful and I loved the fact we had a pink kettle in the room!! The only minor criticism is the room was quite cold when we first went in but did warm up when we put the heat on!!
All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the receptionist on Saturday night was compiling a list of restaurant recommendations for future guests! A lovely touch!
A trip to the bar on Saturday night was well worth it!! Had a wonderful, reasonably priced cocktail before going out to dinner. We did not use the restaurant on this visit.
Having previously stayed at a different hotel in the same area I would definitely say Hotel Indigo is a different class!!
We will definitely recommend this hotel to all our friends and are already planning our next trip!

• Stayed February 2013
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Mandale

Thank you for such a great review! I am glad you liked the decor and the colour co-ordinated kettles! I am so pleased that you found the employees friendly and helpful and that reception were preparing for future guests! The cocktails are absolutely delicious and you are really spoilt for choice.

I am so happy that you will be returning and thank you for recommending the hotel. I will pass all you great comments onto the team, they will really appreciate it.

norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

The hotel had only been opened six weeks so everything was new.it is only two minutes from Earls Court tube station, and near restaurants, bars and a marks and Spencer's. The decor was quirky and we loved our room , it had a really comfy bed and and a walk in rainfall shower with lovely thick white towels there was complimentary mini bar,slippers, and dressing gowns. We didn't eat in the restaurant but we did have breakfast which we both enjoyed. We found all the staff very friendly.The only negative things was that we found the wi fi a bit patchy, and the house keeping had put our heating on when we came back in the evening and so found the room too hot to sleep in, we did mention this to the staff the next and was told that there had been complaints about the rooms being cold so I guess you can not please everybody.If this hotel keeps the same prices we will defiantly use this hotel again when next in London

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Flordiafan50

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and even more that you are telling us so! The showers are absolutely amazing and the huge white soft towels even better! I am glad that you found all the employees friendly and we do hope you come again! The keys are put in the rooms to keep the heating on as it is key activated at the moment, however you can change the temperature to whatever suits you on the dial.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Tuesday night, attending a conference at Earls Court. Location is perfect for Earls Court and Tube Stations. Rooms were spacious, very gorgeous high comfy beds, and quirky bathrooms with funky lighting. Some attention to detail from housekeeping required as not particularly clean with hairs left in Shower.
I needed a blackberry charger and was surprised that reception don't have them to loan out?
Breakfast was forgettable, for £20 I expected more choice on the continental side, and some items were missing from the tables (cutlery, salt and pepper etc) and the bill far too long to produce in the restaurant which made us a little late.
Worth noting that a little place round the corner does breakfast for £6!
Thought the reception team were fab at what they do. I would stay again, but would go out for breakfast.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Booked my flight

Thank you so much for leaving a review, I am glad you enjoyed the rooms and the bathroom decor. I will definitely feedback to our housekeeping manager as our cleanliness scores have always been exceptionally positive.

Thank you for bringing to my attention about the charger, I will check what charges we have and restock where needed! I will pass your details onto our Food and Beverage manager about the breakfast. There are some great items on the continental side such as our home smoked salmon, but breakfast is so important so we want to make sure we get it right, thank you for your feedback.

So happy that our reception team were “fab” I will pass on your great comments, they will be delighted!

London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We booked in for a weekend uptown and as Londoners would the Hotel Indigo a thumbs up for visitors. Rooms a quite small as this a conversion of an old building and could probably do with one chair/table/stand less. Quite a quirky decor but all clean and tidy. Very close to Earls Court tube and about 20mins in King Cross on the Picadilly line. 30min walk to High St Kensington.
Had breakfast which was fresh and plentiful. All staff were pleasant and positive.
Only a couple of snags like giving me an invoice when I had used all my points and forgetting my coffee one morning at breakfast.

Dear Roaming Robin

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The hotel was a conversion from 3 mansion houses in the 1890s and so is extremely quirky with rooms of all different shapes and sizes. For central London we are very lucky with the size of our rooms with some being absolutely gigantic! Kensington is just a short stroll away so we are surrounded by great restaurants and bars.