Hotel Indigo London Kensington
  • Pool
$347
$215
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$185
$164
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
Orbitz.com
$261
$242
2,012 results
All reviewsearl's court tube stationbarkston gardensaveda toiletriesfree mini barpiccadilly linerainfall showerquiet side streetminute walklovely hotelbasement roompubs and restaurantscomfortable bedjunior suiteloved this hotelwalk in showerheathrow airportgreat shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed two nights, including new year’s eve. The hotel has a good location: a short walk to the tube where you can take the disctrict and picadilly line and in a quiet neighbourhood. The hotel was recently refurbished, so the rooms looked fresh and very nice. Nice colour scheme in the room and a nice bathroom with a huge walk-in rain shower.

We had a very wide choice for our breakfast which we enjoyed very much. There is a buffet with fresh fruits, cereals, cheese, croissants, etc. This was combined with an a la carte choice off eggs or waffles, pancakes, full English breakfast, etc. The staff that served the breakfast was very friendly and willing to help.

The room had one minor disadvantage: there was no heating (so it was very cold there) in the bathroom and the heating in the room did not work properly. When you’ve been out all day it took a while to heat up the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Jokti,

So happy to hear about your enjoyable stay with us, and that you liked your room and bathroom. The showers are all spa inspired in the rooms to create a really luxurious experience.

There is something for everyone in the mornings for breakfast. We smoke our own salmon in house with Chef’s secret seasonings and our homemade waffles with foster sauce have gone down a treat!

I am sorry that you experienced some problems with your heating, we have had the contractors back on site to have a look at our heating system and they have successfully fixed any issues that we have had in the past.

I hope that you visit us again in the future! Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Truly a gem of a hotel!
Well located corca 150m from Earls Court tube station.
Brand new - totally refurbished rooms all 'boutique style'.
Truly superb staff - particularly those in the bar & restaurant who can't do enough for you.

I booked a deluxe double room and was upgraded to a mini suite. Well appointed with flat screen TV's iPod docking stations, large comfy bed, modern walk in shower etc.

Great hotel, great staff, great food & drink and very well located. What more could you ask of a hotel in London?
Highy recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MancuianTroubadour
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear MancuianTroubadour

What a great review, thank you so much for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay!

So glad that you loved your room and it’s great to know that the employees went above and beyond. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage team.

That’s amazing that you would recommend our hotel, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights. I've already stayed a few times at Indigo Paddington. These two hotels share just one thing: the unwelcoming staff. Everytime I entered the hotel lobby, they were unable to welcome me and used to glance down as often as not. I mean, the hotel is absolutely terrific, as well as the location, just a few steps from the tube. Rooms are furnished to perfection, but here come two additional faults. My room was extremely cold. The air-conditioner didn't work at all and this made my stay very uncomfortable. As if it wasn't enough, wi-fi never worked!! When I asked the receptionists an explanation, they denied having some troubles about that. I managed to connect only in the lobby area.
The standard of the hotel should be equal to its high price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear,

Please would you be able to give me some more information of your reservation so that I can look into this further as I cannot find your 4 night stay.
fohmanager@hotelindigokensington.co.uk

Our IT manager has been on sight and we have changed our internet provider. Again the air conditioning units have been fixed and we have not had any problems with this recently.

Please email me any further details so that I can personally ensure that the correct action is taken, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed for a week on a combination of rewards and their introductory rate (which was a GREAT rate and included breakfast!). Breakfast was fixed price and included a selection of cold foods and cooked breakfasts. A very good deal when included in the room rate, but I felt it was a little pricey at 20 pounds.

The ground floor is not really at ground level - there are a few steps up. My room was huge and had a spa type bath. I was in the basement, at the front of the house and the room had floor to ceiling windows. I thought it would be noisy, but it wasn't.

It's new as an Indigo and somethings aren't working well yet. Staff was attentive but tentative. The TV picture froze often. There is no business center, nor even a single computer to use to check into a flight.

Personally I think it's an odd neighborhood for a hotel this upscale, but as long as the price is reasonable, I'll stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear LindaPDallas_TX

Thank you for leaving a lovely review! The breakfast does include continental items including our salmon which is smoked in-house. All the hot items are cooked to order using locally sourced fresh ingredients.

We have rooms on the lower level which are typically very quiet and extremely spacious, all rooms have spa inspired showers and Aveda toiletries which are amazing!

We have ordered 2 brand new iPads that will act as our business centre so guests can relax in our lobby or bar and use the internet. In the meantime reception will be glad to help you with any online checking or information that you may need.

The neighbourhood is rich in history and the building was first built in the Victorian era which we have incorporated into the design of the hotel. We have also enjoyed many famous neighbours from Freddie Mercury to Beatrix Potter who are illustrated in the artwork in the hotel. As with any Hotel Indigo hotel we are very connected to our neighbourhood and have explored it in great detail to find hidden treasures that we can share with our guests!

I hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here on IHG rate for two nights for my birthday with my boyfriend. Travelled by train to London. Location is perfect! 2 minutes walk from earls court and on the Piccadilly line so brilliant for getting anywhere! Ate in the hotel for the first night and the food was divine! Where else do you actually get 5 scallops for a starter! Spent a while at the bar talking to the lovely austrlian bar supervisor Micheal (sorry if spelt wrong) and his colleague. Very lovely people :)
Only downside was the last day the housekeeper knocked 3 times at 9am and then proceeded to open the door even though we had our do not disturb sign on. However will definately be coming back. This is now our hotel of choice when staying in London! Well done!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Hannah C
Brooke H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Hannah C

Wow! What an amazing review and I am so glad that you chose to stay with us for your birthday! That is great that we are now your hotel of choice when staying in London. The location is so well connected to everywhere in London being near the district, Piccadilly and Over ground lines.

That’s great you had time to have dinner and we definitely know how to treat our guests! I will pass on your kind comments to Michael, I am so glad that you enjoyed the Bar.

I will ensure that the housekeeping manager is aware of your comment and the procedure for DND signs is retrained.

Thank you for your lovely words and see you soon!