Our experience would suggest that they are enticing people to make bookings and advance payments in full for their SW7 apartments, and then on arrival telling them there are no apartments available, and trying to palm them off with alternative accommodation in Bayswater, ie miles away from the museums, the Albert Hall and other SW7 attractions. We stood our ground, reminded them that they had entered into a contract, and eventually after an hour of unpleasantness they reluctantly gave our party of 3 adults and 3 children/teenagers our apartment. However, several overseas guests with limited English who tried booking in at the same time were given the same story and then shuttled by taxi to Bayswater. This seems to be a systematic and dishonest, or at best dubious business practice that needs stamping out to protect London's reputation as a tourist location.
The rooms were shabby, and the window fasteners were broken. We also experienced problems in trying to use the gym. We were first told that young teenagers could use it only if supervised by an adult. Then, we were told they couldn't use it even with adult supervision. The advertising we had seen makes a big thing of the gym, and it was one of the factors in choosing the apartment hotel. We offered to take the matter up with the manager, but was told he/she wasn't there. We used the gym with the teenagers supervised, but the episode left a bad taste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Apartment Hotel with modern amenities; situated in residential area of South Kensington, short walk to museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Somerset Roland Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Roland Gardens Hotel London
- Somerset Roland Gardens London, England