This is absolutely rubbish!!! A massive rip off!!! Stay away!!! The previous glowing reviews of this hotel are several years old and it would appear the management have very much changed for the worse. The website photos look way better than reality. Everything is much more tired and worn now.
We arrived with our 3 year old and 5 year old daughters at 11pm on a Saturday night. Our room was filthy. There was hair on the floor, old clothes tags in the wardrobes, rubbish in the bedside table drawers, the kitchen utensils were in need of washing, and the inside of the kettle was corroded. We had to chase up sheets for the kid's sofa bed and were given linen of questionable cleanliness (black marks on the doona, tears in the sheet, and a couple of blood spots on the sheet). At midnight I asked for toilet paper and was told that there was none and that I would have to go to the convenience store 5 minutes walk away to buy some.
On the plus side, the location is great, the curtains are great for shutting out the light, the high speed internet is good (but bring your own ethernet cable).
This hotel would be okay with a change in management and an upgrade in cleanliness standards. The current managers/owners appear to be taking a very cheap approach to how they run their hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Apartment Hotel with modern amenities; situated in residential area of South Kensington, short walk to museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Roland House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Roland Gardens Hotel London
- Roland House London, England