I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2014 as part of a package, (flight & hotel), from the Far East.
I arrived in London quite early in the day - too early for the normal check-in. However, although the girl on the front desk pointed out that I was too early to check in, she then offered me a room for "disabled" clients - if I didn't mind taking that one!
As that meant I could check in immediately the suggestion was fine with me. in the room the washbasin in the bathroom was lower than normal and the toilet had "bars" to assist people sitting down & standing up - but those were about the only things different to a "normal" room.
The room itself was very clean with a spotless bathroom and very comfortable bed. There was complimentary tea and coffee provided. The walls in the hotel are thin but I didn't find the place noisy.
A couple of criticisms; the efficient young lady on the desk unfortunately didn't enable my WiFi, but I was able to sort out the problem the following day with her male colleague.
My room didn't have a room safe, but the hotel does have safe deposit boxes in the lobby and I was able to avail myself of that facility.
The shower is equipped with a curtain which tends to wrap itself around one's body when showering.
I would suggest that curtains be replaced with a more substantial screen, but I am mindful of the fact that I was staying in a room for disabled clients. Perhaps a screen would be impractical for such clients.
The TV in the room was rather odd, in that the brightness dimmed itself to a level which I would not set myself!
During my stay the hotel lifts were undergoing some sort of an upgrade, which meant delays waiting and some overcrowding at peak times. So be it; I'm sure the upgrade is necessary and one has to live with these things.
My "package" included a continental breakfast but I was able to upgrade that to a full buffet breakfast without too much hassle.
Overall I was happy with my stay and would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis London Earls Court is located in West London, 500 m from Earls Court exhibition centre, 2 min from West Brompton and 5 min from Earls Court underground station (District and Piccadilly lines). 3 km from Knightsbridge, it has 504 rooms, a restaurant, a typical English pub serving snacks 24 hours and undercover pay parking. 8 meeting rooms seating up to 1,200 persons. Wireless Internet access available for guests on business stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ibis London Earls Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Earls Court Hotel London
- Accor London Earls Court
- Ibis London Earls Court England