“Good value for money”

Ibis London Earls Court
Ranked #454 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a double room in Nov 2012. The location is very good, with the underground station just a few hundred metres from the hotel. The room was spacious, quiet and very clean, equipped with a kettle and coffee/tea supply. Bathroom is functional but spotless. The beds were very comfortable. We found the breakfast too expensive at GBP 11,50/person, so we decided to eat out - there are a couple of inexpensive eateries very near to the hotel.Overall a very good value for money. We will stay here next time, too!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eva F
Write a ReviewReviews (4,628)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall average experience. The elevators and general appearance of the hotel could be improved. The TV was a bit cranky and there were intermittent noises that indicated electrical leaks, which was disturbing, as was the fact that people(misguided guests) tried to enter my room while I was obviously in there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gpt9610
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Two of us stayed at the Ibis Earl's Court in Oct, our second time there in two years. The location was perfect and easy access to bus and Tube. Staff polite and service good. The room was on the top floor which gave us a nice view and we had two single beds. Good size for two people staying 5 nights with all their suitcases and a nice size washroom. We also stayed at the Ibis Gatwick and the new Ibis Blackfriars which although were in the right locations rooms were small and stuffy. I would stay again at Ibis Earl's Court as long as they don't change the rooms to the new Ibis model seen at Gatwick and Blackfriars.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I would like to say that I would NOT stay at your hotel again. I thought the service was not to the standard that was expected. I stayed at your hotel with cilents of mine and i would not stay there again.

We were told that we had to sit in the lobby area if we wanted to have a drink after 11pm. This is the lobby next to the front entrance and the draft coming through was very uncomfortable. This was my first visit and last to your hotel the staff were not friendly and were more bothered talking about previous night out. I thought this was very unprofessional and i did not expect this at all.

My clients were told there was not a toilet on the ground floor and that they would have to go to there room which was on the 7th floor then come back down. I thought the way my clients were spoken too was totally unprofessional and not deserved either.

On my arrival at the booking in desk i was asked if i was on business or pleasure, when i said business i was told that i was being upgraded to a suite. On my way up to my room in the lift i thought to myself if i had said pleasure would i have got an upgrade?????

I do hope that you take my points on board.

Regards

David Whitehouse

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank david3006
Reviewed November 11, 2012

been to your hotel a few times lately as we do not spend lots of money on a hotel, that's why we use you....your lifts were not working properly, took us over half an hour to exit your hotel after already giving up on breakfast as it took us too long to get into the restaurant due to the lift problem. we followed the staircase down as far as we could but spoke to a contractor, not your staff, who told us there was a lift problem but no signs had been put out. your location is excellent for what we need but we are already looking for somewhere else. spent over 20 mins in a lift from the 2nd floor to the ground level, up and down to the 12th floor and back. your hotel/bar staff are very pleasant but struggle with english, it'sbritains capital and we expect more from a so called leading hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sarneddgwyn
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Its a typical Lonodon hotel with high rates and just bearable facilities. At this rate you can live in Luxury elsewhere in the UK. No gym & swim. Lifts busy in the mornings and check out times. If you haveluggage take a taxi rather than tube. Tube station is walking distance but not easy with bags with unstaisfactory wheels.
No decent resturants nearby. Breakfast plenty in quantity but not exceptional for the rates charged. If you are looking to fill your tummy for the day as a toursit and have two meals then its OK.
London is over rated anyways with jacked up prices all over.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at above 3rd floor to minimise noise and towards the back of the hotel away from the m...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012

With the Ibis you get what you pay for, though being London you obviously have to pay more because London is a 'special' place where the streets are paved with gold and that gold must be paid for through hiked pricing (eg. 3 drinks will set you back £40). Anyway, the hotel foyer is worth a visit all by itself, though the rooms themselves are of a more modest affair. Since Ibis have replaced the beds I had a great night's sleep. My room was on the 8th floor with views over a football ground and Battersea Power Station. Being bonfire night I thought it may be a bit of a noisy one, but the all important sound proofing was good and there was no disturbance. My earplugs rested on the nightstand both evenings, which was nice.

The room itself was a basic, slightly dated decor. The bathroom was the same green as the darker parts of this website and, at one point I thought I may be having a nervous breakdown due to hearing voices, before realising this was the TV being pumped into the bathroom speaker — a great way to listen to Radio 4 whilst going about your daily ablutions.

The food was great at the price and I recommend both the La Cart and the George if you don't want to venture along the Lillie Road where are a couple of restaurants. My advice if you do go out locally – turn left out of the hotel and head that way for an Indian and a nice Italian, or go right and walk quite a way to find a Strada nestled on a busy junction.

All in all a good central hotel. It was clean, the food was good (though the sausages in the morning seemed to be 90% bread, 3% meat and 7% 'other') and the staff were pleasant and helpful. The TV was a bit weird though.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business