1,486 results
All reviews earls court barkston gardens blackbird pub tube station full english breakfast piccadilly line quiet side street pubs and restaurants heathrow airport would stay here again minute walk hotel is situated convenient location yogurt location is excellent london hotel stayed here for one night
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I can not understand why people moan and write a bad reviews about this hotel. Yes the rooms and decor are slightly tired and probably in need of some revamping however the hotel was very clean the staff we helpful and friendly. The beds were comfy enough We didn't eat breakfast because we wanted to get out and make the most of our trip.The hotel was excellently priced considering its in Kensington and it's a 2 minute walk from the tube and some great eating places. Could not have asked for anything better considering what we paid for 2 twin rooms. I think that the poor reviews are very unjust. If you want more luxury go and pay 300 to 400 per night in a 5 star.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Jemma S
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

myself and my partner stayed 2 nights at the burns hotel Kensington. We were very pleased with the location however when we received our room we were massively disappointed to the point where it ruined our trip to London. The room was adequate however we asked for a double room and received a twin room. Our room was situated in the basement/ground floor of the building, it was at the front where right outside our window was the service steps and door for staff members, a bright security light that shined into our room late at night with single glazed windows. We contacted the hotel reception a number of times raising our concerns however they were fully booked and could not move us to a different room. We also received a false fire alarm late at night during our stay and the loud noises of foreign guests leaving early in the morning through our single glazed window. Massively disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2018

GENUINELY cannot remember the last time I stayed in such HORRENDOUS hotel. Run-down, tired, in desperate need of new fixtures, fittings and furniture. Carpet stained all over, peeling wallpaper, no A/C (so room was uncomfortably hot despite having requested a desktop fan), old, sunken mattresses. Breakfast average, staff helpful as far as they could be, but I am appalled that hotels that have been allowed to run into such disrepair, still manage to con people into booking with them. This was a business trip and hotel was not of my choice, but I shall be sending feedback to the booking agent to query how they consider this property to be an acceptable option! Slept badly each night due to heat, general sense of discomfort and over-used,heavilu sunken mattress. Horrible. Not joking. AVOID at all cost.

Room tip: There are none! I sneaked a peak into other rooms whilst housekeeping were tidying up and saw no rooms that were an improvement on my own!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Nadine1066
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay in this hotel visiting London for the night. Great location near Earl's Court tube station. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfy. Breakfast was also really good with loads to choose from! Only negative comment were the staff on reception weren't very friendly but this didn't affect our stay! Would definitely use this hotel again in the future.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2018

This hotel has a lot to offer. It is in a great location — only about 1 and 1/2 blocks from a tube station which goes directly to both Victoria Station and to Hearthrow airport. Unlike some older hotels, there were plenty of outlets for charging my phone/Ipad. The lighting in the bathroom was also better than average — I could actually see to put on make-up. I used the WiFi and it worked perfectly. The room was clean although I found the mattress a little too soft for my comfort. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and I thought the price was certainly fair. My only issue is that it has no air-conditioning, although they did offer fans for the rooms. I would stay again, but not during summer months, and it’s the main reason I rated it 3 instead of 4 stars.

Date of stay: August 2018