I usually stay at another hotel in the Earls Court area, but unfortunately it was fully booked, so I tried the Burns Hotel.
The location is great, very close to Earls Court station. I hadn't expected to check in because I arrived very early, so it was a pleasant surprise that the friendly lady at reception had a room ready for me. For a single, the size of the room was OK and there was a bathroom with a tub and shower.
Now for the negative points:
- The hotel definitely needs some work done, very faded and outdated 80s decor, had expected a bit more from a Best Western.
- Toilet flush and sink were not working properly. I complained to reception about this, the toilet was fixed (but not really well), the sink was not.
- Extremely creaky floorboards under the carpet, walking on tiptoe did not help.
- The room was a bit hot and stuffy.
- Even though the room was cleaned daily, this also showed a lack of attention to detail. In the info folder, I found personal details of a group who'd stayed there a month ago, soap was not replaced and neither were coffee and milk, so I ran out of instant coffee on the last morning.
- The clerk on duty at checkout was incredibly rude. After keeping me waiting for about 20 minutes while sorting out a London sightseeing tour for other guests who couldn't make up their minds, he then shouted at me when I asked for a receipt. He told me he could not give me a receipt because I'd booked online - never heard of that. Apparently, the lady at check-in was the only friendly member of the staff.
I did not have breakfast at the hotel, there are many great breakfast places nearby - I would recommend the Blackbird pub or the Cafe du Coin where you can have a full English breakfast at much lower prices than the hotel (they charge 9,50 GBP).
Would maybe stay here again in a pinch, but there are definitely nicer options around.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- Best Western Burns Hotel Kensington London, England