“Top quality”

Ranked #529 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Lenham, United Kingdom
“Top quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was spacious and well located, the generous room had everything you could need including en suite, tea making facilities, towels, ironing board / trouser press and even a safe.

The hotel provided breakfast in the morning and also had a bar, the staff were very friendly.

The only bug bear was that the safe was chargeable per night.

Room Tip: Go via a bookings site last minute to get a better size room for less money
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Port Orchard, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I recently returned from our 50th Wedding anniversary trip to London staying at the BW Burns. Overall our stay was fine. The accommodations were nice but did not use the morning breakfast as the selection was very limited.

I especially liked having their guest computer in the bar area but no printer. The keyboard had been used so much that the lettering on some of the keys was 90% missing. For those of us who are not touch typing scholars this was a real irritation. My first thought is that they really didn't care about the trivial matter, when it is so easy to correct.

Like other reviewers about the Wi-Fi, I never did really figure this out. It worked fine but you had to get a daily password and it opened the Wi-Fi with an amount of minutes available. All I did was check for emails and each time I logged on the minutes remaining had really dropped. The last night there the screen said your minutes had expired. Not a big deal because we were leaving the next day.

The best part of our stay was the location at Earl's court on the Piccadilly line, which runs from Heathrow. This made using the tube for our arrival and departure very easy. Travel time was 40 minutes.

While Earl's court is not a destination location there was great support nearby for fast food, storefront restaurants a couple of grocery stores and a Starbucks down the main street.

For a next trip I would stay tethered to the Piccadilly tube stations.

The one bit of advice I would pass on is to cross the street immediately in front of the tube station (with the light) and you will have a better chance of living another day.

A special thanks to the lady from Vancouver CA who recommended we use the tube for our airport transportation. She was spot on!

CTO1940

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ellamalacha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was in need of a hotel room in central London at quite short notice and after some looking around I came across this one at £90 for a double room so it was at the budget I had and in a great location. I read some reviews here and most were good but a few bad ones, one of them mentioned they were in a basement room with bars on the window so booking so late I fully expected the same treatment!

On arrival the receptionist was welcoming and after checking in she advised me my room was on the lower ground level. Expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised entering the room as it had no bars on the window and was of an ok size etc. The view obviously wasn't great but it let plenty of light in. The room and bathroom weren't luxurious but were clean and what one would expect from such a Hotel.

Unfortunately I did get a rude awakening at 6am as my room (42) was right next to the laundry / ironing rooms (unbeknown to me when I went to bed!). I was woken by thudding that went on for 20 minutes or so. When I ventured out of the room to go to breakfast I saw the big bags of laundry in a pile and realised what it was that had woken me, so that was a bit annoying as I was pretty tired all day.

I did make the mistake of eating my evening meal there and was very disappointed with my 'Steak Burger'. I think Tesco value frozen burgers would be better and this could even have been one of them. It certainly looked like a frozen burger from a packet. It was horrible and left me feeling a little ill. Continental breakfast was ok.

I would definitely stay again but would:

a) try book earlier to avoid a basement room
b) eat somewhere else!

Room Tip: Avoid the basement ("Lower Ground")
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

A lovely little hotel in a perfect location. I was travelling alone and had a single room and was more that happy with it. I asked for a room overlooking the garden and on the higher floor. And that is what got. The room was much bigger than I expected. Very clean and peacefull. Staff was friendly and I was also able to check in early.
Would deffinietly stay here again. A very good bargain. And as I said I really like the earl's court location. Had a really really nice stay for 4 nights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed two nights in April. Booked through hoteltravel.com and was charged $44AU extra for booking through them! Tip - use expedia or the hotel's own website.
The room itself was in the basement and was quiet with good facilities. Free wifi (password supplied). Location was excellent. Earl's Court station is wheelchair friendly (great for people with heavy cases) and we were able to choose travel between other wheelchair friendly stations so we didn't have to drag our cases up escalators and stairs.
Several pubs nearby serve breakfast and there's a laundromat a couple of streets away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Manorvale
North west
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked as a late deal of Easter for 80 pounds for a double room with breakfast for the night. Good location near to Earls court tube, small size double as expected for a three star in London in a nice area. Room clean enough with shower but a bit worn, excellent reception staff allowed an early check in (thank you to Anna), as mentioned in other reviews the floor boards do squeak from above and walls are thin but my sleep was not disturbed and I am very sensitive to noise. If I could get this price again I would definitely return but would not pay more. Continental breakfast was fine (not enough plates so had to use bowls). In summary an average hotel that was good value for money

Room Tip: Top floor would minimise noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hindhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times (10-15) over the past few months.

The staff are generally very friendly and helpful, although occasionally a little frosty.

The hotel has a warm welcoming atmosphere and the rooms are clean although a little dated, especially some of the bathrooms.

Almost all rooms I've stayed in have creaky floorboards except the lower-ground floor rooms - but these can be noisy due to early morning laundry delivery/collection and the heating boiler.

The hotel sometimes offers great value online deals which make it an affordable option (for me) but at other times even the cost of a single room is way too expensive for my modest budget.

The breakfast is generally good although the tables are far too close together.

This is my preferred choice of hotel whenever I can afford to stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo