See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 17, 2017

I would like to thank Marco, Davor, Nuria, Nadia and the nice people in the breakfast room for the great care they took of me and my husband! They were extremely kind and helpful. They guided us and answered all our questions! It helped us to see nice places we would not else have seen!:) The rooms are small, and they more or less need refurbishment, therefore this hotel is not expensive, and the location is top!
We look forward to see these nice people again! Thank you once again!
Kind regards
Jan Morken & Jytte Toft Nielsen

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed November 15, 2017

This hotel does have positives. It is a sensible price for the area, the Natural History museum and Science museum are on your doorstep and the reception staff were really friendly and helpful.
However, there were definite negatives. Firstly the room was very dated (so dated the decor is borderline back in fashion) with some bodged repairs, I can live with that for a budget price. I picked up a hygiene wrapped glass next to the tap and proceeded to drink a couple of glasses of tap water. Once my thirst was quenched I saw a tiny sticker below the shelf saying 'not drinking water.' I stay away a lot and this is the first time in the UK I've seen this (no need to worry, I wasn't ill after). Surely if you are saying it's not safe to drink then ideally provide a bottle of water and certainly don't put glasses right next to the taps! For these reasons I would've given 3 stars but I was put in a room next to the lift, the wall next to my bed was literally the lift shaft wall. Considering the lift is about as old as London it takes an age to travel up the few floors and sounds like it hasn't been oiled since the day it was installed. Therefore sleep was not an option, not ideal when I only spent about 9 hours in the room in total.

Room Tip: Avoid a room that is directly next to the lift
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2017

Walked into reception, very nice and a warm welcome, my room was floor -1 (below ground) room No 20, the lift was small 2x people at best and the corridors to the room looked tired, small room the only window was almost 6ft up the wall, with boys playing football outside, quite a lot of noise (18.30hrs), first lamp I tried in the room didn't work so had to change over lamps. The room was well presented, clean and tidy, with a window would have been nice, the bathroom while small was clean and seemed fairly new, decent size shower. The bed has to be the worst I've slept on for a long time almost no cushioning, felt the hard board underneath.
Disappointing really especially as it looked very nice from the outside and the reception area, whilst on trip advisor to write this review I found the room for £86.00, I paid £115 a few days earlier on booking.com

Room Tip: Not room 20
1  Thank WolfySimmo
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

I would like to thabk Nadia and Elena for the great care they took of me and my business partner. They were extreemly kind and helpfull. They guided us and took care of all our requests in the moat friendly , kind and professional way. People like these make my stay an absolute pleasure. The rooms are small but excelent for spending a night or two on a budget.Thank you Nadia and Elena and i hope to see you next time.
Kind regards
Andrei Clanetaru (Andras)

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

I stayed with my parents in a family room and our stay was fantastic. All the staff was really friendly, specially Nuria the receptionist who made our stay unique and helped my parents with all their questions in Spanish.

Javier