It wasn't cheap, but it was totally worth it. Everything a business traveler needs, and then more.
I like apartment hotels because they are more than just a sleeping room. You have a kitchen, a small sitting area, and all the utilities and facilities you can think of. So I'm always interested when such apartment hotels feature high in the rankings.
But when I reached this gem of a hotel in South Kensington, I was in for a treat. The place was huge, modern and fit for both business and family. I got a basement flat with a double bed. When you enter there's a foyer leading to a corridor with living room, kitchen and bathroom branching to the right, and the main sleeping area at the end. The living room features a huge LCD, several tables and lots of couches and chairs, with access to a balcony. The kitchen is small but highly functional, with everything you'd need. The bathroom is really nice, except for the fact I prefer a shower unit to a bath. The bedroom was excellent, generous and with lots of storage space.
Service was OK, but not too exciting. There wasn't breakfast. The room had free wifi and the hotel has a small gym with complementary water bottles. Location is rather good: South Kensington is quite close to Hyde Park and has lots of museums and dining options, so if you're not focused on a specific city-center location, it's quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, Location & Choice: 130 Queen's Gate, in South Kensington, offers some of the best serviced apartments in central London. Located just around the corner (literally) from the capital's trio of celebrated museums: the Natural History, Science and Victoria and Albert, and The Royal Albert Hall, Hyde Park and other famous sights all within easy walking distance, 130 Queen's Gate is the ideal location to explore and experience the city. With 50 luxury serviced apartments ranging from spacious Studios to the ultimate in luxury: two 4 bedroom Penthouse Suites with private lift access, the building itself dates from the 1870's when it functioned as four stylish townhouses for upper class families. Today, each apartment, while retaining its period features, is fitted out for comfort with state-of-the-art equipment and furnishings. All the apartments are contemporary in style and have been designed to maximise light. From business to leisure,couples and families, short or long stay, 130 Queen's Gate offers the ideal accommodation solution. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your 130 Queen's Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 130 Queen`s Gate Apartments Hotel London
- 130 Queensgate Hotel London
- 130 Queen's Gate London, England