We stayed at "No. 1 The Mansions" at 219 Earls Court Road, Kensington, for 11 days from late May to early June 2012. First the good things: the apartment building is well situated. No. 1 The Mansions is only 2 short blocks from the Earls Court Tube Station, which has direct service to Heathrow Airport. Between the apartment and the Tube station are: a Mark’s & Spencer food store, a food coop, a drug store, (Boots), a post office, a currency exchange (ICE), a Barclay’s branch, and several decent restaurants/pubs. Our apartment, (#5), was well stocked with bleach-white towels, and bed linens. My bed was quite comfortable. On the down-side, the carpet in our apartment was old & stained. Old & stained described the 2 sofa as well – in addition to being uncomfortable with cushions that continually needed re-adjusting. Thankfully, none of us had to sleep on the sofa-beds as their “mattresses” were mostly imaginary. The window blinds had to be ‘hand-rolled’, as the state of their operating chains had clearly stymied all previous occupants of the apartment. The washer/dryer combo seems to wash clothing sufficiently over its 1 hour (!) cycle, but it does NOT dry anything at all. (I absolutely agree with MauiRed’s comments that as a courtesy - do NOT run the washer at night as it shakes the floor to an alarming degree.)
I’m torn about the rating. I had such a wonderful vacation in London, that it may unduly influence my review of our apartment. I did try to continually remember that London is one of the most expensive cities in the world – and “No. 1 The Mansions” is not responsible for the poor currency exchange rate I had. I believe that if I were a Brit, the value for my monies & hence my rating of the apartment might have been higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No.1 The Mansions by Mansley is an elegant property built at the end of the nineteenth century, offering a superb selection of extremely comfortable serviced apartments including large three and four bedroom Mansion Apartments. Apartments are distinct and offer spacious accommodation of character, individually designed and decorated. Apartments range from studio's to four bedroom apartments offering a choice of layouts to suit the needs of everyone from business travellers to large family groups. In this lively and cosmopolitan part of London there are numerous cafes and restaurants suiting all budgets. Or if you prefer to stay in and self-cater, the fully equipped kitchens will meet all your needs. The superb shopping of Westfield London, Europe’s largest urban shopping mall, the King’s Road in Chelsea and High Street Kensington are all a short distance away, with Harrods and Knightsbridge also close by. London’s major attractions are also easily reached, including three of the finest museums in the world and exhibitions at Olympia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and ACCOR so you can book your No 1. The Mansions by Mansley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansions Apartments Hotel London
- Mansions Apartments London
- Mansions Apartments Hotel London
- No 1. The Mansions By Mansley London, England