“A perfect stay in London”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sao Paulo, SP
“A perfect stay in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

I decided to stay in Egerton House because of the high ratings the hotel has at TripAdvisor.
I spend 4 nights there, at a Classic Double room. What I liked most was all the concern with small details (for instance, it´s very nice to come back to your room, after a long day walking, and find your bed ready to sleep, with your slippers there and a chocolate on your pillow!). And it´s so nice to be called by your name by the sttaf!

LOCATION
The hotel is located between 2 subway stations (Knightsbridge and South Kesington), both within walking distance. Perfect! There are many cafés, restaurants (try Orsini´s, at 8A Thurloe Place, opposite to V&A museum, delicious Italian food!), stores (Harrods is just 3 or 4 blocks away) and museums nearby.

ROOM
I stayed at room # 34. It was spacious enough, with nice decoration and everything was very clean. As I mentioned before, none detail is forgotten. The room has all the amenities you may need (including iron and iron board, magazines, newspapers). You also find a "welcome tray", with tea, coffee, italian coffee maker, a cake, and you can ask for some cream). The wi fi was very good, but you can access internet through the TV.

The bathroom was large and very clean. It´s great to find out the marble floors are heated. You also can watch your favorite show while taking a shower, as there´s a TV set there. Toiletries are very nice as well.

SERVICE
Service couldn´t be better. All the sttaf is very well trained to assist you with everything. They are very polite, helpful and pleasant, and the hospitality they show is really amazing. You don´t feel "just another guest". They ask you how your day was and call you by your name. Definitely, they make a difference! Upon my arrival, I was informed that I could have a free martini at the hotel´s bar, but unfortunately I didn´t have it.... I know Antonio´s martinis are known to be the best in London...

Sylvain and another guy at the reception desk helped me very much when I asked if the hotel could send an item for me, by mail (something that I bought and didn´t fit inside my luggage...). Back to Brazil, my mail order was waiting for me at hoem. Thank you!

The guy who receveid me at the first day (and carried my luggage to the room) was awesome (unfortunately I forgot his name). His is tall, brown hair, tanned. He gave me many tips about the city and about my stay.

I had a short talk with the girl who cleaned my room (Inga) and she was so great! Once again, I didn´t feel "just another guest"...

I had breakfast at the hotel once (as my rate didn´t include it). It´s a bit expensive, but it was very nice. Complete English breakfast, including smoked salmon. On the other days, I had breakfast nearby (there are lots of places where you can have it ).

CONCLUSION
I really enjoyed my stay at Egerton House. A perfect "home from home". Although it is not a huge hotel, with a huge lobby and a huge bar, you have a VIP treatment. I definitely will come back and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

The Egerton House is,as advertised, London's Hidden Gem. Staying at the Egerton is like being a guest at a beautiful town home in Knightsbridge. The decor is urban British chic,the tiny bar a jewel and the rooms cosy retreats after a day of shopping, museums or family. The web site doesn't lie; it's just as pictured.
But, what makes this hotel truly wonderful is the gracious staff. Each one of whom remembers your name,offers assistance and provides a level of service which would be hard to equal. From a request for an umbrella to tea for two or a chilled martini their guests are truly their priority.
I can't wait to return!

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

Had just spent a wonderful week in Berlin and totally enjoyed the exceptional staff and attention by all concerned. Would highly recomend the hotel..And have a martini! The greatest.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

Having stayed at the Egerton House several times I can say that it is the only place that I would stay at when visiting London. All of the rooms are completely unique and have everything that you would need when staying away from home. But it is really the staff that set the hotel apart from other 5 star hotels where I have stayed. There is no detail too small or request to outlandish and the staff will do everything they can to make it happen. We always receive a warm welcome and it really feels like a home from home where you are staying at friends house rather than a hotel.

The location is fantastic for getting to Harrods and the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum are only a few minutes away on foot if you are in the mood for something more cultural.

The food on offer here is of a very high standard as you would expect. Even the 24 hour room service menu is comprehensive enough to satisfy most tastes and they will make what you want if they have the ingredients ready.

Finally Antonio the barman deserves a special mention as it is worth visiting the hotel just to sample one of his legendary martinis. He is also a fantastic host and makes you want to while away an evening in the bar and it is easy to see why locals like to use the bar as their pub.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

This is a charming hotel find. When we walked in we were greeted by Annie and Mauro and it set the tone of the whole experience at the Egerton. The room was a fair size but cleaner than any other hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in many. I was traveling with a friend and as a women traveling alone, they always made us feel safe. The martini's are amazing but be careful after the second one because they pack a punch. If I was to go back to London, I would even think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelgirlchicago49
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

Stayed pre-cruise on Luxury Link package. The staff and service were exceptional. Best hotel experience we have ever had. Would love to go back.

• Stayed October 2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed here over Thanksgiving with my mother--we shared a deluxe king room, which was spacious enough for a mother and her 20-something daughter :) If you visit their website, under rooms and suites, we were in the second room pictured under "Deluxe King"--it was not quite as red as it looks in the picture though!

Staff was superb from the moment we checked in. Room was ready, though we had arrived quite early from Paris. Room was clean and comfortable and provided enough storage space so that both my mother and I were able to unpack our bags and stow them out of the way. The room isn't large by American standards, but it was quite comfortable for London.

The bathroom was large and lovely, with heated marble floors, a heated towel rack, and a nightlight that was unobtrusive. Tub was comfy for me (tall) but a bit long for my mother. Heed their warning and be careful showering! There is an odd slope to the tub, and it's quite slippery. Use the mat! The only negative I have about the hotel was the toiletries they provided; their scent was cloying to me.

Maid and turn-down service were done promptly and unobtrusively. Loved that they lit a candle by the tub as part of the turn-down service. Of course, the hotel knows when you are/aren't in your room as they use the old fashioned key system, where you return it to the desk upon departure.

A full breakfast was included with our meal and it was DELICIOUS. It is a bit leisurely, but luckily there is a small buffet available with cold cuts, pastries, etc. if you are in a hurry.

The hotel tea was LOVELY--a nice selection of tea sandwiches, desserts, and scones. The tea itself was delicious, with many options from which to choose. The china was beautiful as well! Save it for an afternoon when you want a break from the hustle and bustle of knightsbridge.

The little bar/lounge area is a gem. Not enough can be said about Antonio--wonderful man, wonderful martinis! I don't even drink martinis, but I had one just to have the experience.

Such a lovely, lovely hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple