1,676 results
All reviewsbrompton roadafternoon teared carnationdrawing roomrose petalsvictoria and albert museumboutique hotelhome away from homestudio suitesmall hotelthe entire staffrooms are beautifulturn down servicesouth kensingtonfavorite hotelquiet streetwonderful hotel
Reviewed September 18, 2017

We chose this Red Carnation Hotel in London because we were enroute to a Uniworld River Cruise in Venice and both entities are under the same corporate umbrella. The location was ideal for us as it was across the street from the V&A, down the street from Harrods and a short walk to Kensington Palace.
We spent 4 nights at the Egerton and couldn't have been more pleased. While the decor may be just a bit worn, still it was pure Britain and the staff more than made up for it.
Alex, Katherine, the bartenders and waiters were all amazing, and I don't use that word lightly..They were all super friendly and super helpful and greeted you every time by name with a smile.
The rooms are somewhat small (by American standards). My friend and I travel together but separately so it wasn't too tight for one. It lovely, charming and clean as was the marble bathroom..
Breakfast was terrific and do not miss the opportunity to take High Tea in the sitting room. (Ask for the table by the front window!) We shared tea for one and still couldn't eat the top tier of delicious sweets.
We plan on visiting London again soon and we will be staying at The Egerton House Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Dear PatV23,

It is an absolute pleasure to be able to read such a lovely review about The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor - thank you so much for sharing about your stay with us.

I was so delighted to discover that as regular Uniworld guests you chose to stay with us at The Egerton to get the true Red Carnation Hotels experience. Your comments about my staff, including Kathrin and Alex and the Food & Beverage team, will be passed on to them, and they shall be most touched. I am so glad you managed to find time to enjoy one of our afternoon teas: a true British tradition!

I hope you enjoyed your Uniworld cruise! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you wish to make a future reservation, so I can ensure we find a room that fully suits your needs.

Warms regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for just one night, but it was easily the best hotel we stayed in during our entire holiday. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful (they even stored some books of ours for a month prior to our arrival).

Each room is tastefully decorated and the hot chocolate at breakfast was the best I've ever had!

I completely recommend staying here if you can.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Lizzy M,

I am beyond thrilled to read that you and your family had a wonderful time with us at The Egerton, albeit for only one night. I am so glad to know that we were able to assist you with storing your books, too.

Thank you kindly for your wonderful comments that you have shared about the hotel on TripAdvisor - I do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Lovely warm service from everyone we dealt with at The Egerton. It’s somewhere you can easily spend a long time, feeling relaxed.

Our only concern was the size of our room, but that’s was more down to me not paying for a larger one.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear planetnumbers,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review about The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am so happy to read that you felt completely relaxed, and that our staff provided with a warm and friendly service.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton - please do not hesitate to contact me directly so we can ensure we book you a room that fully meets your requirements.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Great boutique hotel in the greatest location. The rooms are quaint and beautiful, and the service is impeccable. Spend some time at the bar with Esley. The BEST martini on the planet, and the presentation and "show" are worth trying one, even if you do not like martinis. Ask Alex at the front desk for anything, he makes it happen!!! Many thanks to everyone for a lovely visit!!! See you soon:)

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Dear Mike L,

Thank you for your wonderful review about us on TripAdvisor.

I am so happy to read that you very much enjoyed your stay here with us, especially the times you had in our fabulous bar with Esley. I am so glad you had the time to sample one of his incredible martinis – I shall be sure to tell him that you found them to your liking! I shall also pass on your kind comments to Alex, who will be most touched I am sure.

It was a pleasure to welcome you to The Egerton – I do hope I get to see you again in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Egerton House Hotel with my dog over the weekend. It is so dog friendly and my puppy was spoilt like a princess. She was looked after by Kathrin for a few hours whilst we went shopping. I even got texts and pictures sent to me which was so lovely. The hotel and service was impeccable. I will definitely be returning!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear Radhika93,

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review of The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Kathrin was simply delighted to look after and take care of Layla whilst you went shopping, it was wonderful to have her stay with us – she was on her best behaviour!

Once again thank you for your review, and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to The Egerton again in the near future.

Warmest regards,