“Excellent location in classy Knightsbridge”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Geelong
“Excellent location in classy Knightsbridge”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed at Egerton House Hotel for four days recently and we were very happy with our choice.
the room we chose was a double room and although a little on the small size it had all the necessary amenities and was quite charming - the staff was very hospitable in there concern for all our needs. Breakfast was included in our package and was a delicious selection of quality foods every day. There was a sitting room at the entry to the hotel were you could sit and have a drink or tea and read the paper in a relaxing setting. Antonio the barman was a true gentleman and provided us with a drink and a chat at all times
Unfortunately during our stay I needed to see a Doctor and the reception staff were very helpful in organising a Doctor to see me at the Hotel - the Doctor was great and came to see me promptly.
I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a quality small Hotel close to good stores like Harrods Department store.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Connie L
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to review The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.
The Egerton House is blessed with dedicated staff and I am delighted that you felt well taken care of by the team when you were unwell; further to which, I trust you are now fully recovered and well. Though you found the room a little small I am happy to hear that you found it a charming space with all the amenities you needed. Perhaps on a future visit we might look into reserving a larger room for you. I am happy to personally assist you with a future booking as and when and make suggestions for a room that better suits your needs. It is important for us to know of this so we are in a position to make you as comfortable as possible.
It is evident however that you had a lovely stay and I thank you for such a wonderful review.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Egerton House on a future visit.

Warm wishes,

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 19, 2014

It is exactly what a great hotel should be. Every detail is perfect and the staff is outstanding and it's location is right in the center of the city so everything is easily located. We now have a London Hotel that is perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amherstlegal
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for reviewing The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is so incredibly important to us to receive feedback from our guests and a pleasure to read one great review after another.

I thank you most sincerely for your compliments and for staying with us. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit.

United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014

If you want an elegant Knightsbridge address perfect for exploring London this hotel is ideal.

It's feels as if you are a welcome guest in the beautiful home of very upmarket family of days gone by.

The staff are so welcoming and easy to chat to. The drawing room, as you enter the lobby on the left, is intimate and cosy - perfect for afternoon tea or one of Antonio's martinis later in the evening.

Gorgeous rooms, comfortable beds, generous toiletries and delicious breakfast make this hotel feel special - definitely one I'd love to return to.

It's individual, elegant and welcoming - as far away from a large bustling London hotel chain you could wish to be.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Maxine N
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful experience of The Egerton House Hotel with other TripAdvisor users.
It is lovely to read such a glowing review; which I shall share with my team.

I am delighted that you felt at home at The Egerton House, which is just how one is meant to feel. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and highly appreciated.

I very much look forward to personally welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel in the near future.

Warm wishes,

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I spent a very pleasant 3 nights at the Egerton recently in celbration of a significant birthday and wedding anniversary.
The taxi driver referred to it as a 'hidden gem' and he was right (of course).
The hotel is excellent - very comfortable and welcoming. All the staff are friendly yet highly professional and reflect well upon the management. The rooms are well proportioned and reflect the 5* quality of the hotel.

Its location tucked away near Harrods is convenient for museums, restaurants and general access to the main areas of London.

We will definitely stay again next time that we visit London.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank john k
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our aim is always to exceed expectations of our visitors and I am so incredibly happy that this was achieved when you recently stayed with us.

I am delighted that you chose The Egerton House Hotel to spend such a special occasion and that you both had a memorable stay. I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your experience and opinions with other TripAdvisor users. Guest feedback is so enormously important to us and such a pleasure to read the wonderful great reviews.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I can not write enough about this hotel! Went there in the weekend for afternoon with my friend and it was such a wonderful experience! The staff were very attentive but not intrusive; they paid great attention to the service! The afternoon tea was served in the sitting room which was cosy but elegant. The food was amazing; so fresh and delicious! The scones were warm and I can not say enough about the cakes! If you want to have a unique afternoon tea where you have various teas to choose from including the flowering tea (my favourite), a mouth watering selection of treats and friendly and excellent service focused staff, don't look further than the Egerton! I don't think anyone would ever be disappointed with their visit! Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank ann2302
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read of what a wonderful afternoon tea experience you had with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

It is so important to us to receive guest feedback and satisfying when the reviews we receive are so positive. Excellent service is at the very heart of The Egerton House and the team behind me make it possible for us to receive such outstanding reviews.

Whether you are joining us for afternoon tea, staying over or having drinks in the bar with Antonio, we very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit.

Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Took our 19 year old son and 22 year old daughter on a family trip to Ireland, with a short stay in London. We hadn't heard of the Egerton House, but what a great surprise! Knightsbridge was another great surprise.
Service at the Egerton was outstanding! Everyone was pleasant and helpful - from the people at the front desk to the people attending to our rooms!
A stop at the small bar is a must! Antonio's martinis are rumored to be the best in London!!
Definitely a place we would return to!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank John G
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear of what a wonderful stay you had with us and that even after those Martini’s, you wish to come back! Antonio is rather a character and loved by all his colleagues and the many guests who have known him for years. We are very lucky to have this little genius in our midst and enjoy each day working with him.

I have shared your kind words with the rest of the team and it was our pleasure to make you stay a memorable one.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had afternoon tea here yesterday (9th aug 2014) for my hubby's birthday. The whole experience was divine. Afternoon tea is served in the cosy sitting room, very intimate and beauifully decorated. The tea itself was delicious and just enough although they did offer to bring out more! As they new it was my husbands birthday they bought out a giant cupcake and candle for him which was lovely. The service was impeccable and the waiters were so friendly and charming. We were not rushed at all and could have sat there all night! I would highly recommend egerton house for a cosy intimate, delightful and thoroughly enjoyable afternoon tea experience in a boutique hotel atmosphere, if i could mark it higher than 5 i would!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank andreaemilyp
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor. The feedback from our guests is so important to us and your wonderful compliments are highly appreciated.
I am happy to hear of what a wonderful afternoon you had here and that you chose the Egerton House for such a special occasion.

Excellent service is at the very heart of The Egerton House that each member of my team carries and portrays in each guest encounter. I have extended your compliments to them, for which they are most grateful.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, for afternoon tea, as an overnight guest or for drinks in the bar. Whatever the occasion is, I hope you shall remember your experience of The Egerton House and come again.

I hope the other celebrations you both had were equally as enjoyable.