“Excellent!!!”

Ranked #2 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Rochester, Minnesota
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The trip to London was for our anniversary. Our stay at Egerton House Hotel in the Victoria & Albert suite couldn't have been better. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The accommodations are luxurious and the location is great!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lois F
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the site following your stay with us in May and I am delighted that you felt that your stay could not be better and that you enjoyed your Anniversary with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed The Victoria & Albert suite and that the staff were helpful and friendly and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The whole aim of this 1 night stay at the Egerton House Hotel was to have a break away from it all and I find it hard to imagine that we could have chosen a better place.
I've entitled this review 'people make the place' because that's absolutely the case here; from the moment of first contact to the moment we said goodbye I was struck by how how kind and generous everybody was. The best example I can give here to illustrate this is that, by prior agreement, we brought along our dog who was welcomed into the hotel as warmly as we were! Awaiting us in the Victoria & Albert Suite (to which we had been upgraded from a studio suite) were a dog bed and food and water bowls, a little toy was brought for her and we were assured that staff were happy to look after her if we wanted to go out.
We enjoyed afternoon tea in the drawing room - sampling some unusual teas along with excellent sandwiches and cakes and we took our evening meal and breakfast in the lounge area of our suite, although we were assured that we were welcome to bring our dog with us to the breakfast room.
We were very comfortable in our suite, enjoying a great night's sleep. The bathroom was well stocked with lovely toiletries, fluffy towels and robes - we really couldn't have asked for anything more. Ahead of arrival, we had been sent a guest preference form on which we could indicate any extras we wanted awaiting us. In addition to this, we had all the usual amenities like coffee and tea making facilities, a mini bar, a room safe and on top of all that we had access to a small terrace (although the rain prevented us sitting outside!).
For extra peace of mind we arranged for our car to be parked at a nearby car park, so we didn't have any worries about feeding the parking meter but the Egerton House Hotel is superbly located - central, but not on a noisy street with loads of shops and attractions close by.
There was really so much that the Egerton House Hotel offered that meant guests can make the best use of their time in enjoying themselves, from arranging spa treatments to walking the dog!
We'd recommend Egerton House Hotel for a luxurious treat whether it's afternoon tea or a break away from everyday stress.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on the site following your short stay with us recently and I am thrilled that you felt that you could not have chosen a better place. It was our great pleasure taking care of you both and our feline friend whom everyone fell in love with. We are a very pet friendly hotel and want to give them a memorable stay too so we try to think of their needs also. I am delighted that you enjoyed your upgrade to the Victoria & Albert suite. It is very beautiful.

Afternoon tea is also very special with a varied selection of teas and delicious sandwiches and I am also glad that you enjoyed your evening meal as well as breakfast in the comfort of your suite. It is so relaxing and the suite is very comfortable, cosy and conducive to a goods nights sleep. I am delighted that you appreciated the amenities we provide , we do try to think of everything. We were also very happy to park your car in the nearby giving you peace of mind while you relaxed and enjoyed your special short time with us.

I have passed your very kind feedback to all the team who appreciate your time and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Woodland Hills, Calif
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently enjoyed an all to short stay at the Egerton House Hotel inLondon The hotel is a small, but classic boutique hotel. Class, luxury and outstanding service best describe the property. We have never been treated with more care and kindness. The service and staff were marvelous, beyond outstanding. The location is perfect, in a beautiful neighborhood, close to transportation and favored sites. We enjoyed afternoon tea, martinis in the evening and walks to Harrods and The Victoria and Albert Museum. Our stay was very special and we can't wait to return. Shop for specials and packages on their web site. Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to London.

Room Tip: Ask for room on a higher floor with a view of the rear garden
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doug M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on The Egerton House Hotel following you recent visit with us and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are a small classic boutique hotel in a very prime location and indeed a beautiful neighbourhood, close to the iconic shops on Brompton Road as well as some wonderful restaurants. I am delighted that you managed to enjoy afternoon tea with us as well our signature martini. Thank you for your kind words about the service and staff which I have passed to everyone and thank you also for your recommendation.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Columbia, SC
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Having stayed at the Egerton House a number of times and raved about it here on TripAdvisor, there is little for me to add to my earlier praise of the prime location, the gorgeous and elegant decor, and the extraordinary service from everyone involved in this luxury boutique hotel. But I do want to update those reviews by saying that this continues to be the best hotel I have ever enjoyed in over 50 years of international travel at all comfort levels. (I shudder to recall the hostels of my student days, but with maturity has come many upscale pleasures.) The Egerton House sets the standards for impeccable service. As one reviewer said, you are as likely to have the very personable manager take your luggage and show you to your room as you are to have one of the young men at the desk. The staff has clearly been trained to look for ways to be of assistance beyond the norm. 'Chocolates on the pillow' with evening turn-down is not quite enough for these folks--they observed that we liked to play cards in the lounge, so one night we found two decks of London playing cards on our pillows instead. That's the kiind of attention to detail that is the hallmark of the Egerton.

I've never been to a hotel where there was a stronger sense of warm camaraderie within the staff and the 'family of guests.' They always welcome us "back home" and we feel it is genuine, not rote.

Granted, with the age of the building, as another reviewer pointed out, I might wish for more outlets for the plethora of digital gadgets we all travel with now, but that is a small price to pay for the beauty and service of every detail at this top-notch hotel. Anyway, if you need another outlet, I have no doubt that someone would be happy to recharge your iPad and return it to you with a smile. Just ask and you shall receive at the Egerton.

Room Tip: Each room is individually decorated. Look at photos on the website for the one that appeals most.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank mybagsrpackd
Dear Guest,

My I first say thank you for your continued support of The Egerton House Hotel and it is our great pleasure to welcome you back each time. It is an accolade in itself that you return time after time and that you feel this is the best hotel that you have ever stayed in 50 years. Thank you also for taking the time to post your very kind continuous reviews on the site which are greatly appreciated. We are all very hands on at The Egerton and have a great team spirit, each and everyone is happy to assist with anything from bags to restaurant or any other requests guests may have to make their stay more memorable. Attention to detail is indeed our hallmark and we are always looking for unique ideas to surprise our guests so I am thrilled you appreciate your playing cards and I hope that each time you see them they bring you fond memories of your “home away from home”.

The Egerton has been around for a while and indeed some guests may feel that the rooms lack the amount of outlets that they need but we will always endeavour to come up with a solution if this is the situation and as you said if you ask you shall receive. Our motto “No request to large, no detail too small”

We are looking forward to seeing you later this year and in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Were only here for a weekend away to catch the last week of We Will Rock You before it closes. This hotel is right up there with the best in the world.
We have been to a few and do know the difference.

Small, intimate and perfect staff - all of them. You are just as likely to get the hotel manager deliver your bags as the porter. Do come here as an antidote to the big impersonal hotels that you all to often find (even 5 star ones).

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank reachingthestars
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Egerton House Hotel and how delightful to hear that you felt that we were right up there with the best in the world. We certainly work hard to achieve this and it is rewarding and reassuring to receive such comments as yours. We are small and intimate and do have a very dedicated team who want to make your stay memorable to I am thrilled that we did this for you.

I do hope that we will have pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hotel is just great! Small, stylish, very nicely maintained and furnished and perfectly located in the heart of London. All the rooms are different and the bar at the ground floor has a very charming bar man offering the "best martinis in town". The staff is very helpful and the rooms are just perfect. Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so thrilled that you think the Egerton is just great, small and stylish and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very centrally located on a quiet street in the hearth of London. The rooms are indeed all very individual with no two decorated the same and the bar is very special with Antonio at the helm.

I have passed your king words to all the team who appreciate it and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance at any time.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I arrived (slightly early) at The Egerton House Hotel on Saturday 10th May, I was greeted at reception by two lovely ladies, and then shown to the drawing room. My waiter explained the menu to me, and said what sandwich's they were serving. I wasn't intentionally having the champagne afternoon tea, but upon the waiter explaining the menu I decided to have a glass. The champagne was brought out first, followed by the afternoon tea, and then the tea was served. A few personal touches including pouring my tea, and adding milk, which I thought was quite nice.

The afternoon tea consisted of 4 sandwiches, off the top of my head I remember salmon and coronation chicken. Then the scones, one plain one fruit. The top tier consisted of various different small cakes, unfortunately I couldn't finish the yellow cupcake, my eyes are evidently too big for my stomach.

The service was just so attentive, I honestly felt like nothing was too much hassle. I much prefer smaller hotels as the staff really seem to go the extra mile. Perhaps because there isn't too many staff so they get to know each other, there was definitely a friendly atmosphere.

The setting was beautiful too, Egerton terrace is a stunning part of Knightsbridge. Perfectly situated a stones throw from Harrods, ideal for a break if you've been shopping. The drawing room was beautiful, the decor is classic and just to my taste. I asked where the toilets were and I was shown to them, which again is just another personal touch from the Egerton House.

The bill was £48 for champagne afternoon tea. This may seem expensive, but for London standards it's quite inexpensive really. To conclude I had a fabulous time and I most definitely will return when I'm next in London.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Lewis0102
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that your experience of our Afternoon Tea was fabulous and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the site. It is such a lovely treat and should be memorable.

A warm welcome always sets the tone so I am delighted that you had a lovely greeting on arrival and that the waiter was attentive and explained everything in detail to you giving you the opportunity to enjoy a glass of champagne while the chef prepared everything freshly for you. The selection of sandwiches are delicious as are the freshly made scones with Devonshire clotted cream. It is a shame that you didn’t manage to finish your cupcake, they too are delicious

We have a wonderful and long standing team at the Egerton and we all get along very well so it is nice to know that it was evident. We are all very passionate about what we do and strive offer the highest level of service possible to all our guests.

I am so pleased that you thought the hotel was beautiful and we are in a stunning part of Knightsbridge, close to Harrods and Harvey Nichols so ideal for a spot of tea followed by some shopping.

I do hope that you will return on a future visit when you are next in London and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance at any time.