“Unforgettable experience”

Ranked #3 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

A wonderful, small boutique hotel that felt so comfortable we were sad to leave. My partner and I stayed just one night in The Egerton House but it was an unforgettable experience. Extremely nice staff ready to help with any requests. The food is magnificent and we were able to have the romantic dinner of our dreams. I strongly recommend staying in The Egerton House for a delightful experience.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank chrispnewman
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review and I am thrilled to hear that your stay was an unforgettable experience and that you were very comfortable and sad to leave. We do want to make sure that our guests go away with fond memories of The Egerton and I am very happy to hear that you did. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed a romantic dinner of your dreams with us.Thank you for your recommendation and we hope that you will have the opportuntity to come back and visit us soon again.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Simply put, the Egerton is like no place I have ever stayed. My work takes me all over the world, and I have stayed at some truly wonderful properties, but the Egerton is truly special. The property itself is beautiful and excellently well kept. Decoration and furnishings are impeccable. The location is sublime. The restaurant and the bar are experiences unto themselves. But, what sets the Egerton apart, is the service and the staff. From the moment you enter, every member of the staff genuinely does everything they can to make you feel special and at home. My wife and I take every opportunity to stay there. Not only on business, but on personal holidays as well. I can't imagine wanting to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I have stayed in many of the rooms over the years, and have never found one that was anywhere near u...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jim D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us and I am thrilled that you had such a memorable stay and you felt that The Egerton was like no place you have ever stayed before and that it is truly special. I am so pleased that you liked the decor the furniture, the location and your experience in the bar and restaurant was memorable. Thank you also for your kind words about the team who do work incredibly hard to ensure that each and every guest has a most memorable stay. I am pleased that we did this for you. I have passed your kind words to everyone who appreciate your time and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new London home in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

hi folks,
this is gonna be a short review. simply put theres nothin wrong with this hotel. its just an amazing place. such a wonderful staff and everything. really they got everything your mind can imagine. its over the top. go check it out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jonathan H
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate a review no matter how long or short it is and thank you for taking the time to write it for us. I am so pleased that you felt it was amazing and that the staff were wonderful and everything was thought of.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Sometimes one can pay a lot of money for a London Hotel, and I have done, and get professional, cold, poor service. This place is different. The staff are so accommodating and actually listen. "May we park you car sir?" I fancied a short walk so parked it myself at the Chelsea Cloisters Car Park, but felt that if I stubbed a toe walking back, they would rush out, carry me back and let me recover with a Martini.
A warning about the Martinis. As you slip into the seductive friendly bar and you realise Antonio is not just a bar man but a legend, he will entice you with a variety of the best Martinis known to mankind. I can say that they are very tasty, refreshing and have no more than two unless you are eating their bar food, which is really good.
The rooms are gorgeous & quiet. Sheets crisp and smooth, towels soft and huge. Tons of complementary bathroom stuff if one forgets anything.
My main memory of this place though is the staff. They were just the best I have ever met.
A 10 minute walk from the Royal Albert, through the churchyard and mews. Loads of places to eat out nearby.
This is now my home from home when staying in London.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rich_d_Lovely
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am thrilled that you cannot wipe the smile off your face following your stay at The Egerton House Hotel. I am delighted that you found the team to be accommodating and that they listened. How delightful that you felt that if you stubbed your toe we would be there to help and Antonio would soothe the pain it with a welcome martini. We take immense pleasure in providing the highest possible level of service to our guests so if you needed assistance we would certainly be there to help. Antonio has a saying about his martini’s “One is not enough two is too many” so while they are very tasty they are also very potent and he is a legend.

I am also pleased that you found your room to be gorgeous and quiet and you enjoyed our beautiful linens and amenities provided for our guests. I have shared your wonderful comments about the team to everyone who do enjoy the recognition and reward for a job well done.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The hotel had gorgeous interior, cosy and inviting. The staff provides excellent personal service, they make you feel so at home. Also convenietly situated. The barman's martini's were absolutely wicked! Fantastic room service. Staff is also helpful with regards to sight seeing etc, to make your stay even more lovely.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Marylle B
Dear Guest,

How delightful to hear that the highlight of your holiday was The Egerton House Hotel.I am so pleased that you felt the hotel has a gorgeous interior that is cosy and inviting. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the service and that you felt at home. We want our guests to feel that they are at home when staying with us so I am glad we succeeded.

Thank you for your very kind words and I do hope that if you find yourself in London again that you will come and stay with us once again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We booked Egerton House for three nights as part of my 60th birthday celebrations having chosen it on the back of some wonderful trip advisor reviews. Well, we expected a lot and got more. The welcome on arrival was warm and inviting; when I booked on the telephone the receptionist had asked if our stay was for a special occasion and we were advised that we had been upgraded to a studio suite with a fabulous view. During our stay there were complimentary drinks and some surprise birthday cake. Many of the things that make this hotel special have been mentioned in previous reviews but the overriding two factors that set it apart are the genuinely friendly staff and the forensic and charming attention to detail. Now, this hotel is not cheap neither are the drinks in Antonio's Martini Bar, but this is a special place in an outstanding location in Knightsbridge. During the three nights we were there we talked to many returning guests, the best testimonial for any hotel and a fraternity that we will be joining.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrJohnSteed
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful 60th birthday celebration with us and thrilled that were able to participate in making it special for you. I am also pleased that we lived up to your expectations and more. We do try to upgrade guests if possible of course this is due to availability so I am happy that were able to do so for you on your very special occasion and with our compliments. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your surprise birthday cake and complimentary drinks. It just make the occasion that little bit more special.

Thank you for your very nice feedback about the team who delight in offering the highest possible level of service to our guests and it is very rewarding to know that you plan on joining our fraternity.

It will certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Solana Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed for two nights in September, and the biggest highlight of my stay (among many others) was the delightful bartender in the tiny bar. He is dead serious about his martinis (and rightfully so!), including how he expects his patrons to drink them. When he served mine, he faux-sternly admonished me, "Don't touch -- you go to the glass," while gesturing that I should lean forward over the table and bring my lips to the glass to sip until I had depleted the contents sufficiently to pick up the glass without spilling. (Good advice that.) He was full of great anecdotes about the famous and infamous for whom he had made martinis. An old-fashioned charmer. In future, even if I stay at a different hotel in London [for a business trip], I plan to make the pilgrimage to the Egerton House bar to experience him again. In fact, as far as I could tell, most of the [very few] tables in the bar and adjacent sitting room were occupied by people who had come expressly for him and his martinis and were either staying at other hotels or were locals.
Beyond the bar, the hotel was lovely -- exquisite service, top-notch staff (to borrow a phrase from another reviewer, the perfect blend of personality and professionalism), and a whimsically-decorated, well-appointed and cozy room. I am hooked and look forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Jane A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us for which we are very grateful. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you got to meet Antonio who is a legend in himself. He is deadly serious about his martini’s and yes you must go to the glass for the first sip as it is so full that if you attempted to pick it up you would most probably spill some and that is not something he allows in his bar . He is a little charmer and likes nothing better that to chat and he is most definitely full of anecdotes. I am so pleased to hear that he made such an impression that even if you stay elsewhere that you will come to visit us at The Egerton. We would of course much prefer if you stayed with us. I have passed your nice words to him and he really appreciates the nice feedback.

Thank you also for your kind words about the team and service provided to you during your stay and we look forward to seeing you again whether it be to stay or just to enjoy a martini the door is always open.