“A stunning hotel, number one in London”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I booked two suites in this hotel for a work function last October, and had the most fabulous experience from booking over the phone, to emails regarding the room and set up for the day, to the late checkout the next morning. Each and every member of staff I came into contact with was so lovely, personable and really could never do enough to help. The rooms w ere stunning, beautifully decorated suites which had a TV in the bathroom but also classic elegance in the bedroom, so a lovely mix of modern and old.
We ate breakfast and had a midnight feast when we got in at 2am which was lovely and so appreciated! All food and drinks were wonderful.
Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, really the best there is in London.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sophie D
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the site for us and I am delighted to hear that from the booking over the phone to e-mails and subsequent stay that your experience was fabulous. I am delighted that each and every member of staff were personable and helpful. We are very dedicated to making our guests feel at home and special and I am thrilled that you felt we could not do enough for you.

Wonderful that you enjoyed your midnight feast and that you also managed to try our delicious breakfasts.

I do hope that if you have the opportunity to return whether on business or pleasure we may be have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Michelle Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We are finishing up a 5 night stay in room 27. First, and on the top of the list - cleanliness! The room was super clean. The service was outstanding, with regular engagement by staff who aim to please and take care of your every whim. We had a surprise cake waiting for us after returning from our first day on the town. It was accompanied by a good bottle of red wine and a letter or welcome. As another effort to exceed our expectations, a dish of peanut butter was brought to us for breakfast. The breakfast is great just as is, but this lagniappe was nice. It's the little things that make for an excellent hotel and the Egerton House does just that. The location was great and the atmosphere had a casual sophistication about it. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to a return visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lizcoughlin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your visit to The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted to hear your wonderful feedback which I have passed to all the team. I am thrilled that you found all aspects of your stay of the highest standard from the cleanliness to the service which we highly pride ourselves on. We do like to participate in celebration and I am glad that you enjoyed your cake card and red wine and I do hope it made your celebrations more special. It is also nice to know that we managed to get you some peanut butter for your breakfast, we will always endeavour to assist with special requests or dietary requirements.

It is very rewarding to hear that you felt that the hotel was excellent and that you will highly recommend us and we do look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to London.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

London is always a challenge when it comes to hotels. Yes, it is an expensive city but you often simply don't get what you paid for. Our hotel of choice for years was The Goring, but we decided to try something different, smaller, and hopefully more "intimate". The Egerton House Hotel was the perfect choice. I could write paragraph after paragraph about what exactly they do correctly from the moment you walk through the door until you check out. But just trust me on this one. You will love this hotel. The customer service, the attention to detail, the very popular bar/den area, the rooms with fantastic air conditioning all just make it a wonderful stay. Be sure to order a martini in the bar after a long day of sightseeing and their club sandwich is the absolute best I've had anywhere, any country! Divine after theater. Our search for the perfect London hotel is over and we will be returning for another stay in the Spring of 2014.

Room Tip: Like most rooms in Europe, some may find the rooms a tad small. Consider upgrading to a larger room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of you on your recent visit to The Egerton House Hotel and for trying The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted that we met with your expectations and you felt that it was the perfect hotel choice. Thank you also for sharing your feedback on the site which is very much appreciated. I am thrilled that the customer service, the attention to detail the bar the rooms in fact everything made for a wonderful stay. You even managed to try once of Antonio’s killer martini’s. I am so pleased that you feel that your search for your London Hotel is over and we certainly want you to feel that this is now your new London home.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent one night here post cruise and wish it could have been much longer. A delightful hotel with attentive staff and luxury ammenities. My room was beautifully appointed and the bathroom even offered heated towels with my initial on them. Oh yes, it might have been the initials of the hotel, but it worked for me. I felt as thought I had been invited to stay at someone's warm and hospitable home. The price reflected the service I received and was well worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Liztravelqueen
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind words that we are the best little hotel in town. We certainly do our best to be just that.

It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed out attentive staff, your room and luxury amenities and of course the robe with your very own initial “E” .

We do like to think of The Egerton as a home away from home and we were delighted to be able to look after you and that you felt like you were in someone’s hospital home. That said I do hope that we will have the pleasure of taking care of you on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The perfect blend of convenience, charm and personal service. The staff is attentive and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and attractive and the location puts guests within easy reach of everything London has to offer. Just a fantastic experience from beginning to end. If you're going London, stay at the Egerton House.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JKandAC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site for us and I am delighted that you found the hotel to be the perfect blend of convenience, charm and personal service. Wonderful to hear that the staff were attentive and helpful and that the rooms comfortable and attractive. I am so pleased that your experience was fantastic from beginning to end and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a pleasant stay at this lovely hotel rooms were beautiful and attention to detail was perfect
Great location for shopping not to far on tube for going in to central although we never had a evening meal,breakfast was nice
We will be back well done

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Claire W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the site for us and we are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from the rooms, attention to detail, location and breakfast. We are very centrally located only 7 minutes from 2 tube stations so makes getting around the city and shopping very easy.

I am thrilled that you plan on coming to stay with us again and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can assist with a booking.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff is polite, professional and friendly and always available to help with restaurant suggestions, directions, etc. Our room #3 was graciously appointed with wonderful amenities, fresh fruit plate, comfy robes. The location is great for shopping and strolling and not too far from the Underground. The bar area is lovely and the bartender Antonio is quite well-known. His martini is excellent and he even serenaded us with some opera. The lobby has these large jars of goodies that are pre-wrapped and you are encouraged to take as much as you wish. The breakfast buffet was lovely and a wonderful way to start the day. All these touches however to not come cheaply. Their afternoon cream tea with a glass of champagne was over 40 pounds per person ( approximately $60US) and those yummy martinis were 20pounds each (approximately $30US). As long as you know what to expect you will have a wonderful experience at this first-rate hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerQueen

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on the site following your stay with us and I am thrilled to read that you loved the hotel, that the staff were polite professional and friendly and were happy to assist with all your requests. I am pleased you liked your room and the amenities we provide, we do try to think of everything that our guests need for a most comfortable stay so I am glad that you appreciated all the little extras. The goodies jars in reception as are huge hit, our guests love them and are delightful little on the go snacks. And you got to meet the maestro himself. Antonio loves his martini and his opera and takes great pride in his little bar.

The best way to start the day is indeed with a good breakfast and I am pleased you thought it was wonderful.

I have passed your very kind comments to all the team who do appreciate it and I do hope that you will visit us once again in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance at any time.