“Great Good Fortune”

Ranked #2 of 1,069 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Great Good Fortune”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've spent a week or two in London for pleasure each June over the past 40 years. I've stayed at all the top luxury hotels (often, more than once) and at friend's homes. This year, I sought out, without any great expectations, a change--something more intimate, but with charm, style and creature comforts. I'm not sure how I had the great good fortune to land at the Egerton. But, it was everything I was looking for. Physically, it's maintained in perfect condition, sophisticated, and comfortable; service-wise, the staff is, remarkably, uniformly helpful and warm. If possible, I almost felt embarrassed to be so well looked after and to have every request promptly met. It's extremely well located and, through the underground/subway and taxis, has ready access to all of London, the airports, and the rail stations for trips beyond London. I expect to return to this hotel on many future trips to London.

Room Tip: I stayed in a deluxe queen room, which was extremely well appointed in all respects. I expect that I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Neil W
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us in June and I am delighted to hear that you had a very memorable stay with us and that it was everything that you were looking for.

Thank you also for your very complimentary words about the accommodation, service provided by our team and it is rewarding to hear that all your requests were met and that everyone was helpful and warm. It is our great pleasure to look after all our guests and our motto is no request to is too large and no detail too small so I am thrilled to read that you felt so well looked after. I have passed your kind words to all the team who greatly appreciate your time and we do look forward to welcoming you back To the Egerton House Hotel on a future visit.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been staying at The Egerton House Hotel since 2009. During the past five years it has only got better and better. Well dedicated service to each guest with attention to small details. From the moment you enter you instantly feel you are home. Welcoming and very friendly staff at the Reception as well as very friendly management. Location is excellent as it is in the heart of Knightsbridge, a five minute walk to famous Harrods and also a short walk to South Kensington. Each room is differently decorated in a beautiful warm way. Not to forget their excellent Afternoon tea, it is one of the best i have tasted in London. Last but not least is the fantastic cosy Drawing Room, where the very famous Antonio from Sicily welcomes you in his own special warm way. Egerton House Hotel is home away from home !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rawan N
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on the site for us and for your continued support since 2009 and it is always our great pleasure to take care of you. We are delighted that you feel at home and that is exactly how we want you to feel and we all love having you. The Egerton House Hotel is a very special place with very special guests and we work extremely hard to make each and every guest has a memorable stay and it is so rewarding to know that we are getting it right and that you return time after time. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and Antonio is looking forward to seeing you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with your booking.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Recently I booked a weekend at The Egerton House Hotel in Knightsbridge for my husband and I. Due to our son's illness this was the first time we had spent time alone in a few years. From the moment we arrived the level of discreet but caring and quitely spoiling attention we received was almost instinctive. Our room was just perfect, comfortable and very stylish. After dinner on our first night we returned to our room to find it bedecked with thickly scattered rose petals and candles an experience we had not even enjoyed on our Honeymoon. After a wonderful and memorable weekend spent in the care of Annie and the team, we can't wait to go back and would be happy to hoghly reccomend this special hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room was very peaceful - I think in this case it's best to discuss your requirements with th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jane b
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post a review for us on the site following you stay with us recently and I am pleased that you had a romantic and rest full weekend and managed to get some quality time together. I do hope that you son is feeling a bit better now. It was so nice to be able to take care of you and spoil you on your very special time together and I am glad that we made your stay memorable with little touches and that you liked your romantic turndown. I have passed your very kind feedback to all the team who are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking.

Surrey
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a lovely property in a great location. Had a private suite which looked over a lovely gated garden opposite. Wonderful comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom. Delicious breakfast. Service is exemplary. Will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank homeawa
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us following your stay at The Egerton House Hotel and I am glad that we made it memorable for you and that you liked the room the comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom. Pleased that you sampled our delicious breakfasts and that you found the stay exemplary and that you definitely plan on return on a future visit. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you from everyone at The Egerton House Hotel for your kind comments.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first stay at Egerton House Hotel but hopefully not the last! From the moment we walked in jetlagged from our long flight to the moment we left, we felt right at home in this small, darling, exquisitely British hotel. The hotel staff immediately took our bags, served us hot tea and homemade cookies and provided us a small room to shower and change since it was early morning and our room wouldn't be ready until early afternoon. The service was on this level the entire stay. The staff was most helpful in providing directions, obtaining tickets and making restaurant recommendations and reservations. Our room was a true gem decorated with a mix of modern and antiques, beautiful bed covers and pillows, original art on the walls, and it overlooked a beautiful green, lush garden. Its location is perfect and is within a 5 minute walk to Harrods, museums, good restaurants, local shopping and two metro stations. Egerton House Hotel breakfasts are not to be missed! Nor is the tiny bar tucked in the rear of the smallish parlor where we found a wonderful wine list, great food and two of the best bartenders in London! The best word to describe the hotel, its staff and level of service is superb. This is the place to stay on your next trip to London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KW-Austin
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback following your visit to The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted that you plan on returning and we look forward to welcoming you back. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to offer you a complimentary room on your early arrival. It makes all the difference to be able to freshen up after a long flight and makes for a good start to your vacation. We have an extremely dedicated team of people who take great pride in looking after our guests and their needs and I am happy that we dealt with all you requests for tickets restaurant reservations and any other enquiries you may have had. Also pleased that you liked your room and it’s decor and the view of the beautiful garden at the back of the property. We are located in a residential area close to Harrods and the lovely shops on Brompton Road and close to lot’s of museums and the underground.

Antonio & Esley are indeed 2 great barmen, known predominantly for their martini’s but we also have a very extensive wine list and it is rather nice to be able to sit in the bar and relax with a nice chilled glass. I have passed your kind feedback to all the team who really do appreciate it and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back on a future so we can make your next stay another memorable one.

Warm regards

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in June and will return. Though the rooms are a bit small, the staff are terrific - they went way out of their way to be helpful. And the location couldn't be better, with great restaurants and great shopping just around the corner, Hyde Park and the V&A Museum just a few easy blocks away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HMac_2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on the site which we really appreciate and I am delighted that you had a memorable stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you felt that your room was a bit small but we are a town house and the rooms vary in sizes, that said we have 5 different categories so if you wish to visit in the future please feel free to contact me directly so I may assist with finding you something more suitable.

I am pleased that you liked the location and that the staff are terrific and went out of the way to be of assistance.

Once again thank you for your feedback which I passed to all the team.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

From the moment arriving to our moment we left the service and comfort of this hotel is outstanding. This is a boutique hotel that has a personilsed touch of every aspect of your stay. Don't miss a martini in their bar with Antonio !

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Taniatraveller2
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is very rewarding to read that you thought it was outstanding. I will pass your kind words to all my team and who will be very grateful for nice feedback. Indeed the martini is a must if you stay with us!

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.