“now booking well in advance”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Back again for a night to celebrate my birthday. Back next month and near to Christmas. Had a great stay. Always a warm welcome. Very comfortable. Lots of culture and shopping in close proximity. in my book still one of the best hotels in London.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gerry h
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is so lovely to hear that you return time after time and thank you also for your continued support. We have a very supportive following of regular guests and warmly welcome them back throughout the year. It is so nice to hear that you believe we are one of the best and we will continue to work hard to maintain that reputation. We look forward to welcome you back for your birthday and please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can assist with any bookings for you.

Michelle Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed at The Egerton House on many different occasions, and I would not even consider staying anywhere else in London!! The rooms, the staff, the breakfast and the location is outstanding! Harrods is just a block away, as are many good retaurants. A must at this lovely hotel is to have a Martini at the bar, served specially by Antonio!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carmen S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your continued support of The Egerton House Hotel we are thrilled that you come back after time. It is of course our great pleasure to take care of you. We certainly don’t want you to stay anywhere else in London and will continue to work hard to make sure that remains the case. I have passed your kind words to everyone in the team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

How I love visiting this gorgeous little hotel - a favourite with friends from Across the Pond who insist on staying here whenever they visit London (and who can blame them?). Although I have only had the good fortune on partaking of afternoon tea in this delightful establishment, it is always a pleasure with sumptuous sofas and armchairs to sink into whilst attentive and friendly staff serve all manner of goodies on fine china with crisp table linens. It never seems to get very busy despite its location just a short stroll from the bustle of Brompton Road. Cosy and welcoming on a gently domestic scale, it is an ideal place even if visiting alone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SaynotoStarbucks

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the site and we are really grateful for your time. Thank you also for recommending your friends from across the pond we are delighted to welcome them also to The Egerton House Hotel. It is our great pleasure to take care of you and am delighted that you have enjoyed of Afternoon Tea with us. It is quite a treat. Our cosy Drawing room is just that, very cosy. We are centrally located close to Harrods and the wonderful shops on Brompton road, not forgetting the museums.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and I do hope that one day you will manage to stay with us for an evening. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance at any time.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Arriving at Egerton House one is greeted warmly and if you are a returning guest, it almost feels like home...on steroids. Your luggage is swiftly taken off your hands and should your room not be ready when you arrive,you can sink into the sofa in the cosy sittingroom, drink an excellent cappucino and recline in comfort while the elves and fairies prepare your bed. Service and guest comfort are paramount at this establishment. There are jars of cookies and other nibbles in the reception, luxury amenities in the bathrooms and rooms are stocked with everything a traveller might need...even scissors. Did I mention Antonio, the legendary barman who mixes a mean dry martini and makes the cocktail hour stretch into the evening in his cosy little bar. Michelle Devlin runs a tight ship. All staff change into black tie after 6 and her guests are all personally greeted and made to feel welcome. This is a great small hotel, in a very convenient location in the heart of Knightsbridge.....and it will be our home from home going forward.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on the site for us and I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay. It is so wonderful to hear that you were welcomed like a return guest and that you appreciated all the little home comforts. We do take great pride in our home away from home and want guests to feel just that. Our guests comfort are our priority and we want each and every person to go away with the feeling that they want to return and I do hope you will on a future visit. Antonio is a legend and mixes the best martini in town. His reputation precedes him but just remember that “one is not enough and two is to many” in his own words. Thank you once again for your very kinds words and please do not hesitate to contact me at any time if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in May 2013 for a special event locally to the hotel, the staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel was very clean, nicely appointed and pleasant to stay in, we had a meal here in the evening which was very pleasant and the food was great. My only criticism and this stopped it getting a 5 star rating was breakfast, this was not included in the room rate and was VERY expensive for what it was, the price was inline with an evening meal, you need to look at this if you want to get 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JY-and-PT

Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your recent visit to The Egerton House Hotel and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the site. I am delighted that you had an pleasant stay with us and enjoyed all aspects. I appreciate your comment about breakfast and am sorry that you did not avail of our Breakfast inclusive rate but I do hope you will give us the opportunity of looking after you again on a future visit and please do contact me personally so I can take care of your booking and make sure that on this occasion you will have breakfast included.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

First, the accomondations are just wondeful as are the staff. It's a hotel but also feels like a bed and breakfast - very quaint very English. You'll enjoy the sleep and just hanging around relaxing in some of the common areas. The location can't be beat. Harrods is a short walk away as is Kensington station. You can walk to Hyde park (or take the bus), the palace. Havey Nichols is also a short walk where you can enjoy some night life. I have been to The Egerton House about a half dozen times over the past 10 years. It's my place to stay when in London. It's just off a main street (Bromptom Road) but it's in a residential neighborhood - you'll see the kids going off to school in the morning.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms in front provide a wonderful view of the egerton neighborhood
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on the site following your stay with us in June last year and how lovely that you would still remember us one year on. Thank you also for returning to stay with us so many times. It is always a pleasure to welcome you to our beautiful property and I do hope you consider it your home away from home. We are indeed very centrally located close to Harrods and Harvey Nichols and of course some wonderful museums. We also have some excellent restaurants in the vicinity. As we are a hotel in a very residential area you will indeed see the kids going off to school. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance at any time.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at Egerton (my husband, myself and our 14 year old daughter) over Spring Break in the beginning of April for 3 nights and I regret not writing this review when our experience was fresh, but I want to say that I chose Egerton due to its reviews and service upon contacting them. I wish I remembered all names, but Jacques was fabulous. The hotel is cozy and quaint. The location is wonderful, very close to Harrods for those who love shopping. We had adjoining rooms with our teen daughter and it was perfect. The rooms are on the small side but that didn't take away from the ultimate experience of being treated like royalty. The experience of dining there was the ultimate in that the people truly cared and took pride in their service. Anything we needed, we got and the people actually cared! What a different concept. In this day and age it was wonderful to stay at such a classy establishment which is first rate in every single way. And I don't say that often. I felt like this was my luxury home away from hom - I can't wait to return to Egerton and London!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your glowing review on the site following your stay with us in April this year and I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. The hotel is a little gem and a home away from home with cosy rooms and warm and welcoming drawing room. Our team are highly dedicated people who will assist with all aspects of your stay and who do indeed care about all your needs and I am pleased that you felt the service was incredible. I have passed you kind word to everyone and especially Jacques and we are all very thankful. We do certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming all of you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit to London and please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can be of assistance at any time.