“A Hidden Treasure”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 26, 2013

What makes the Egerton House Hotel is not how beautiful it is, or how great the location is, but that it is by far one of the friendliest hotels that my husband and I have ever stayed in. We arrived very late in the evening - and from the minute we checked-in to the morning of the day we (sadly) left, every single one of the staff had overwhelmed us. It wasn't until the second day of our stay that I realized that the staff actually really like to work there ... and, are really happy to be working for the Egerton... it really is about people .. and they go out of their way to make sure that everything is perfect and that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. Leaving London, this time around, was the hardest for us - because Mike and I both love London... and, because we had such a beautiful time - all due to the fantastic people who made our holiday spectacular. Thank You.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on the site and we are very grateful for your kind words. It is so nice to hear that you thought it was the friendliest hotel that you have ever stayed in and that you were sad to leave. We do have a very happy team who all work incredibly well together and who actually do love what they do and I am pleased that this was apparent . It is always our pleasure to take the greatest care of our guests.

It is very rewarding to hear that we made your holiday spectacular and I do hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Here we are, back at home but our feet have still not touched the ground again since our perfect stay, for the second time at the Egerton House Hotel. I struggle with saying the word "Hotel" because the feeling we have about this paradise on earth is more like our second home.
From the moment we arrived feeling tired and hot, we were welcomed with the warmest and sincerest of smiles and wrapped in the softest cotton wool. The heavy bags we had carried to get there were effortlessly transported to a sumptuous room, with the most beautiful and relaxing warm tones of caramel and light chocolate, the softest bed linen and the finest threads. A bathroom in luxurious dark green tones, sweet smelling toiletries and huge towels to snuggle up in. A fresh pot of hot coffee, peppermint tea and the most delightful little biscuits from the lovely Mrs Tollmans' own range were brought up to relax us and... phew,.. long sigh of relief. We were home again.
We had longed to return to this simply beautiful place ever since our first visit a year ago, the months had seemed too long, and we know that we will not be able to wait that long again before we return. It is impossible to feel any other way when you have received hospitality this warm and this genuine from everyone in the hotel. To name names would be unfair because there was not a single person who did not smile warmly at us, remember our names, and ask how we were feeling at every opportunity. Chats at the desk in the mornings and the evenings are a regular thing at the Egerton... talk of plans and experiences, fresh coffee brewed for us, dinner reservations made where champagne awaited us at our dinner table at the lovely Chutney Mary restaurant.
We were so blessed with the hot weather during our too few days there, and the caring staff made sure that we didn't leave the hotel without complimentary bottles of water to keep us refreshed. Just like home... can you see?... surely you must be very tempted to try it for yourself?...
In the evenings we knew we would return to find that the hotel fairies had arrived!!.... special people with such kindness in their hearts, turning down our beds for us, fluffing up our pillows, lighting candles in our bathroom, folding our nightwear on the pillows, fresh drinks and toiletries ready for our baths and showers, and a kind reminder of the weather forecast the following day. Little gifts were placed on the bed,.... some dainty and delicious biscuits, a beautiful bracelet and some sweet cufflinks. Never have we felt so pampered but... not only this.... the Egerton manages to do all with such grace and ease that you simply feel... at home. Thank you our very dear friends, our warmest wishes to you all and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. Thank you also to dear Mrs Tollman, whose presence can be felt all around the hotel with the special touches and so much human thought and kindness. We really hope to meet you and have the chance to say thank you in person.
Lots of love from Jane and Chris Morris.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a wonderful hotel that really isn't like any hotel you have ever stayed i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review. How wonderful to read all your lovely words about our little gem. It is certainly our great pleasure taking care of you and we are delighted that this has become your paradise and home away from home. The Egerton is very much like a home and our guests are our extended family. We are all very passionate about it and want all guests to have the same experience as you did. We are so glad that you had a wonderful relaxing time and felt pampered. It is such a nice feeling with the busy life styles we all lead. I hope you will consider this your sanctuary.

We look forward to seeing you very soon so you can once again enjoy our hospitality and some relaxing time.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My daughter chose this hotel to treat me to afternoon tea during a shopping trip to London. The tea of my choice was not topped up, but replaced three times! The sandwiches were full, fresh and fiour different types of bread. The scones light and fresh and the cakes were simply delicious! Our waiter Angel made us feel as we if we had been guests for days and though it sounds crazy after only two hours, but we were sad to leave,but we will be back!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank oonagh1
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose to join us for Afternoon tea The Egerton House Hotel and thrilled to hear that you were well looked after and enjoyed the delicious freshly prepared sandwiches, scones and cakes and that everything was plentiful.

It is also lovely to hear that you felt at home and were well looked after by Angel and we do look forward to serving you again on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Egerton for three nights last week. I thought that the hotel could not get any better than it had been on my previous two visits. I was so wrong! They simply were fabulous. The staff are so welcoming and will do everything they can to make your stay memorable. When I complimented a staff member, she said "it's what we want to do". They have obviously been well trained but there is an attitude of caring and sincere interest that goes beyond any hotel at which I have stayed. The hotel property is lovely, it is a small 29 room hotel in Knightsbridge. Rooms are very comfortable and well furnished. Every amenity is thought of (when was the last time you opened a desk drawer in a hotel room and found pens, stapler, scissors, etc. placed there for you). This is not a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton (I stayed at a FS two weeks ago). It is better--more real, more welcoming. By the way, the raves about Antonio, the bartender, are right on.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank kjeffr

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Egerton House and for your continued support. It is always a pleasure to look after you and thank you for coming back time after time. It proves that we are getting it right and we strive to improve all the time. We are very passionate about what we do and are incredibly dedicated. We want each and every guest to feel as you did. We are a small property with very individual rooms which are indeed very comfortable and well furnished. We like to anticipate guests needs so do try to think of extra little touches that make your stay more enjoyable. I am pleased that you appreciated them. Antonio is one in a million and I have passed on your kind words to him and to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance or can help with your booking.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Even thought it's been three weeks since I visited Egerton House Hotel I would like to express my opinion about this hotel.
Just when we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the staff who took us to our room. Because im a fan of blue colour, I was excited to stay in a blue colour decorated room. After few minutes we received a receptionist Zhana's call, who was wondering if we have settled down and if we needed anything. Afterwards, we were suprised by the buttler named Nicole who have brought us few glasses of champagne. Because we had to attend an important party later on in the evening, we ordered light dinner. While we were waiting for dinner, I noticed that my dress needed ironing and the houskeeping girls were more than happy to help me with it.
Ceasar salad was delicious! After we came back from the party we found our room lit in candle light which created a very romantic mood between me and my partner.
The breakfast was served in our room which was beautifully served, perfectly cooked omelette and delicious croissants with coffee.
We were very impressed with the proffessionalism of the hotels staff and the quality of the stay overall. Me and my partner had a fabulous stay at the hotel! Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Regvita

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to post a review on the site.

I am delighted that you like the decor of your room and you received a warm welcome. Glad you enjoyed your glass of champagne on arrival. What better way to start of a short vacation?. It is always nice to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including dinner and breakfast and I am thrilled that housekeeping assisted in helping you get ready for your night out which I also hope was a success.

We do have a very professional team of people who work incredibly hard to ensure your stay is memorable and who are on hand to help with any requirements you may have and I have passed your comments to everyone.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed with my partner back in December and I was amazed with the friendliness, professionalism of the staff. Rosslee, Annie and Scott at reception, Pedro, Issam in the restaurant. The room was beautifully decorated and the food was delicious. We had a fabulous time, I cannot wait to be back in July.

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay in December and I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and plan to return. I have passed your kind words to all mentioned and indeed all the team who are dedicated to making sure your stay is memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking for you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am so excited that I had the opportunity to stay with the hotel again. On a recent trip to London I stayed with the Egerton House Hotel again and the service is just phenomenal. The location is absolutely perfect for shopping and attractions alike. Mauro at the front desk was so kind and helpful and really made my stay so easy. Another lady at reception was very sweet but I unfortunately don’t remember her name. They almost make you feel like one of the family. I’ll definitely be back again. I travel a lot but the service is so amazing here I just have to show my love on TripAdvisor!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbunnyca
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for staying with us at The Egerton House and for your continued support. We love to have guests return time after time and I am delighted that your experience was once again memorable. Thank you for your lovely comment about our service, we take great pride in the level we provide for our guests and I am thrilled that you felt it was phenomenal. I have passed your kind words to the team and especially Mauro who all appreciate you taking the time to write about us on the site.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.