“Perfect place”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Egerton House Hotel is the perfect place to stay in London. High class service, ideal location close to Harrods and many other shops, nice rooms and very friendly staff! I go to the Egerton House Hotel for 13 years and the quality is always on this high level.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Sven L
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on the Egerton House Hotel and thank you also for your continued support over the years. We are delighted to welcome you back time after time and thrilled to read that you believe it is the perfect place to stay. I have passed your kind words to the team and we look forward to seeing you once again in 2013.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can assist with your bookings.

997 - 1,003 of 1,480 reviews

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here only 1 night but we are definitely coming back. Staff was amazingly courteous and attentive. The rooms were nice and location is great for tourists. We highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Distractor81

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your short stay at The Egerton and I am delighted that we left a lasting impression. I am pleased that you found the staff corteous and attentive and the rooms to your liking. It is nice to read that you will return on a future visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I travel a great deal in business and for pleasure throughout the world. And whenever we go to London there is only one place to stay for us and that is The Egerton House Hotel. The quality of the friendly and extremely helpful staff to the quality of the sheets, pillows and decoration...it just cannot be beaten. The original art collection is a treat for the eyes and I always eat too much of the fabulous breakfast. When I arrive, I truly relax. I know that if I have anything out of the ordinary that needs to be done, the well trained staff will solve the problem and quickly.
Our stay there is worth every penny. Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the superb martinis that are famous and people come from far and wide to have!
One thing for any other travelers who love the Egerton House Hotel as much as we do: If you are ever going to Kyoto, Japan, the Hoshinoya is the place to stay.

Room Tip: If you need two rooms, there are two at the top of the stairway above reception that have a private...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GinaYeshe
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your a review on the Egerton House Hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate guests feedback. We do have a very dedicated team of people who strive to make sure that every guest has a good stay and I am so glad you did. We also have high quality linens and have an ongoing maintenence programmes to make sure that the rooms are kept as freshly decorated as possible.

Our art collection is indeed extensive, with such artisits as Tolouse Latrec, Picasso and many others and we continue to collect.

We are also renowned for out martini's and people do come from far & wild to experience them. Antonio our barman is well known and has a huge following.

I am delighted to hear that your overall stay was wonderful and that you felt it was worth every penny and that said I hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you in the not too distant future.

I will pass you very kind words to all the team. Thank you once again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I am writing this from the other side of the coin as it were!
I work at this hotel for a while when I first moved to London,it was an amazing experience,the management were friendly and very easy to get along with,and the staff are always looked after very well,this makes it a lovely place to be.
May everyone who works or visits here have a wonderful time.....enjoy

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Janet A
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Janet A,

Thank you for posting a review on the site about your time at The Egerton House Hotel and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed working here. I am sorry not to have met you personally but that said if you are ever in the area of the hotel please do feel free to come and join us for a glass of mulled wine and mince pie. I do hope that your carreer is going and I wish you all the best.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've just returned from a 5-night stay at Egerton House - my third time staying at this absolutely perfect hotel.
Let's start with the location: the hotel is just off the Brompton Road (so it's a short walk to the Victoria & Albert Museum, Harvey Nichols, the Knightsbridge tube station, etc.), yet it's tucked into a quiet, lovely, residential street.

From the moment I arrived at Egerton House (groggy from a sleepless overnight flight), I was reminded why I so love staying at this hotel. Egerton House is posh without being pretentious, and the staff -- at the front desk, in the dining room, and in the bar -- is unfailingly gracious and accommodating. This hotel is a little oasis of calm and hospitality in the midst of bustling London, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Thanks to Annie, Michelle and the whole Egerton House team for yet another wonderful stay !

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SoxFanPre04
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you once again for staying with us at The Egerton House Hotel. It is always our great pleasure to take care of you. Thank you also for you lovely comments which I have passed to all the team.

We are indeed very centrally located close to Brompton Road, the Victoria & Albert Museum, Harrods and Harvery Nicols and are in fact only 10 minutes for the heart of the West End so a very popular destination for that esssential shopping.

I am thrilled to hear that as soon as you arrived you realised why you love coming back and am delighted to know that once again you were well looked after. It gives us great satisfaction and is very rewarding to know that our hard work is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance ith your booking.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband, two friends and I stayed at this wonderful hotel in October, 2012. Everything was great. The rooms are beautiful, the staff delightful, helpful and charming. It was such a great way to end our vacation. I am taking a dear friend (she's 84!) to London and of course we are delighted to stay in the Egerton Hotel again. My friend, remembers WWII and has always wanted to see London as well as the White Cliffs of Dover, where so many of her generation came ashore in WWII. I am so blessed to get to bring her to London and share her memories! The Egerton Hotel is the icing on her Christmas Cake!!!

Room Tip: Have Annie McCrann pick it for you!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about the Egerton House hotel and I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and are planning on returning.

It is so wonderful that you will be bringing you very dear friend for a very special occasion and be assured that we will take great care of you both and make sure that she has a a very special visit with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or any one of my team for assistance with any aspects of your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friend to The Egerton House Hotel and can assure you that we will endeavour to make this stay another one to remember.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband & I had the pleasure of staying at the Egerton House Hotel in October for 3 nights. It was a sheer delight! Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were helpful in every way. The warmth and character of the hotel and our room were just delightful - it feels like a home, not a hotel. Little touches everywhere to make your stay more comfortable. Drinks in the bar with Antonio were a treat. Brilliant location too. We have already recommended your hotel to friends and are happy to spread the word here. Stay at the Egerton - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read a heading "We will be back" I am so pleased that you had felt that it was a sheer delight and am thrilled to hear that it felt like home and not a hotel We want our guests to feel that they are in their "home away from home" and I am pleased that we got it right.

Antonio is a delight and it is quite a treat to have one of his martini's. They are his pride and joy.

Thank you for your very kind words and indeed reccommending us to your friends and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.