“Sublime Afternoon Tea” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 1,086 Hotels in London
liphook
“Sublime Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I treated my Mother to afternoon tea at The Egerton House Hotel. I had not been before so was a little nervous that it would not live up to our expectations. It was my Mother's 70th Birthday and I have to say that the service we received we exceptional and way beyond our expectations. The food was delicious and the ambiance was so nice that my Mother actually got emotional. I cannot recommend highly enough our experience, we will be back. It was worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank simon d
, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review of our afternoon tea and I am so touched to hear that your mother celebrated her 70th birthday with us. Our afternoon tea is a delightful and very special experience and we take great pride to ensure that it is delivered with the highest possible level of service.

I do hope your mother had a wonderful 70th birthday and that we will have the pleasure of celebrating her 71st with her here at The Egerton next year.

Michelle Devlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Encino, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Spent four nights at the Egerton House Hotel (Room 42). The hotel more than met our expectations: elegant, spotlessly clean, individually decorated rooms, FABULOUS staff to take care of your every need. While some of the rooms can be on the smallish side, they contain every amenity and, in this case, less is more! Wonderful breakfasts. In passing, I had said something to a member of the staff about celebrating our anniversary on this trip. The next night we returned from our evening out to find that our room had been decorated in rose petals and candles and there was a delicious bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries on the coffee table. The recommendations made by the staff were all first rate and every single staff member was eager to help us with our most mundane request.
We have already booked our return trip next year, selecting the same room. It will be like returning to family.
This is the first time in many many years when I felt sad about leaving a hotel. My husband and I highly recommend the Egerton House Hotel!

Room Tip: Our room was on the street and it was very quiet. No problems and great light!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review on The Egerton. I am so pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that we ticked all the boxes. We have a very dedicated team of people here who are very passionate about our little gem and go out of their way to make sure that our guests go away wanting to return to their new home away from home.

Thank you for letting us know it was your anniversary and I am glad we could be part of it. We do like to treat our guests and am pleased that you enjoyed the romantic turndown with our compliments.

We very much look forward to seeing you next year and please do contact any member of our team for assistance with restaurant, theatre, transport or any other arrangements that we can make for you to make your trip as smooth as possible. In the meantime I will pass on all your wonderful comments to the team.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The service from everyone at this hotel is as described by so many reviewers....just excellent. The answer to anything from anyone is basically "of course".

The location was quiet and in a beautiful part of London. Make sure you explore the streets behind the hotel - quaint shops and a few restaurants.

The breakfast (and afternoon tea) at the hotel was plentiful and delicious.

We were in a deluxe queen room. It was very small (which we knew in advance, but went with it since it was part of our luxury link package). We would not pick this type room again, as it was cramped for a five day visit. Also, the floors above us squeaked terribly when someone was walking around (painful at night and in the morning). I would definitly request/insist on a top floor room next time. This issue is the reason for "very good" instead of "excellent" rating.

We did not use the tube, but did use the buses frequently (close stops nearby). I put our intended location (National Gallery, for example) in google maps, selected the public transit option, and was given bus routes that worked every time. Also easy to grab a cab on Brompton Street.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rarant
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review of The Egerton House Hotel. Feedback is paramount to us in order to improve and we gratefully take all comments on board.

I am sorry that you felt that your room was a little small. Being 2 houses the size and shapes of the rooms do vary. I wish you had brought this to our attention when with us as we may have been able to move you to something a little larger. I can only apologies for the noisy guests that were above you. I have made a note that if you return to us that we should allocate a room on the top floor and a bit more spacious.

However I am delighted that your overall stay was very good and that you enjoyed the breakfast and afternoon tea. I am also very pleased that you felt that the staff were excellent. We do have a wonderful dedicated team with a "can do" attitude and we take great pride in our standards.

Once again thank you so much for your feedback and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to our little gem on a future visit to London.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

It is hard to say what was more memorable about my stay in London last week, the great shopping and food or the lovely Egerton hotel. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by exceptional staff and service. Scott could clearly see we had been caught in a bit of a rain shower. He escorted us to our lovely room and commented that we looked like we could use a glass of champagne....which he had delivered to us. It didn't matter what we had planned for the day, the Egerton staff and hotel made the day even better. I have had the opportunity to stay in many 5 star hotels, but the charm of the staff and hotel made it all the more memorable.
If you are visiting London this is the hotel for you and anyone else with high expectations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leslie B
Dear Guest,

How very kind of you to write such a glowing review. Scott is certainly delighted that he helped brighten your day. We have a wondeful team of kind and caring people at The Egerton and they take great pride in making our guests stay as memorable as possible. We are all so very happy that we did this for you and appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us.

It would be our great pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel on a future visit.

Chipping Norton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Decided to stay in London after a day at The Chelsea Flower Show and probably was the best decision made to date! Perfect setting very near to the Brompton Road but womderfully quiet and we were upgraded for which we were most grateful. Highly recommend the Victoria and Albert Suite for its charm, decor, comfort and feeling of grandeur. Most helpful staff at every moment especially on arrival, at the bar and at breakfast in the morning. I cannot rate this hotel too highly because they do endeavour to meet the very high expectations that they set themselves. Thank you for a very special stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Anniejermyn, Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review of The Egerton House Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post it. Our Victoria & Albert Suite is absolutely delightful and all our guests love it. I am very pleased that you managed to experience it.

We do set ourselves very high standards and I am glad that we met with them on your visit. I am so pleased to know that we made your stay memorable and I hope that this means you will return for another visit in the future.

In the meantime I have passed on your kind words to all the team.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel is small and a wonderful place to stay. Close to great shopping and restaurants. Staff is very friendly, helpful and efficient. Breakfasts are wonderful. Rooms are very comfortable even though they can be a bit cluttered. Beds very comfortable as well. Great piloow menu...try the buckwheat pillow!! Furniture is classic but good. Bathrooms can be a bit small. Have to try the dry martinis at the bar in the evening. A lively place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Perrel
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of The Egerton House Hotel. It is so nice to get good feedback which I have passed to all the team. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our efforts to make your stay memorable.

All of our rooms are very individual and vary in shapes and sizes. I am sorry you felt yours was a bit small and a bit cluttered.

I am delighted you enjoyed breakfast and managed to sample one of Antonio's famous martini's. The bar can be very lively and a lot of fun.

We do hope that you will visit us once again when you next return to London.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I have just returned to London from Paris and the wine country. Our second stay at the Egerton House and upon entering we were again greated by the fragrance of flowers and a warm and helpful staff. My wife and I are well traveled and experienced in luxury hotels and the Egerton effortlessly exceeds all of our expectatons for comfort, grace, elegance, and service. The Egerton defines Boutique Luxury and a 5 Star experience. The bar lounge has excellent food and beverage and is served by a gracious staff. The front desk is without compare. Please accept our most willing and enthusiastic recommendation.

Room Tip: Both of the rooms we experienced were excellent. As always the top floor is preferred, but our 2nd...
2 Thank 88James88
Anniejermyn, Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure taking care of you on your second visit to The Egerton House Hotel and I am thrilled that you had another wonderful stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and posting this review for us. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and work consisently hard to maintain the highest level of service possible.

I have passed your comments to the team who are thrilled that your second visit was as memorable as your first one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit very soon.

Warmest regards,