I recently stayed at this hotel for one night when on business in London. Location is fine for the Natural History and Science museum, but a little bit out for the West End. It's right opposite from Gloucester Road tube station and has a Waitrose, Sainsburys and Tesco Express nearby.
Check in was OK, although I had booked a double room but ended up with a twin room. It was fine for me as I was travelling by myself, but I still think they should have changed it.
The hotel is in an old house and retains this charm, although other people may find it a bit confusing as the rooms aren't clearly marked and it took me a while to find my room.
My room was a good size and had a fridge, for my own use, so no rip-off mini bar prices!
The bathroom was tired and not up to the usual Radisson Edwardian standard, the floor was very badly marked and it looked dirty.
I had a relatively good nights sleep, however, the walls between the rooms were very thin and the room next door was conducting a lot of 'nocturnal activity', which wasn't too pleasant!
Breakfast the next day was nice, but service was very poor. I was just plonked at a table and told to help myself, no advice on where the food was! I only got asked if I wanted coffee and toast when I'd been there for half an hour, by which stage I was ready to leave.
I was at the hotel during the tube strike so having free wifi in my room really helped as I worked in my hotel room in the morning and avoided the rush hour into work.
Overall, the hotel was OK, but nothing special. Not as good as some of the other Radisson Edwardian's I've stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imposing Georgian mansion in fashionable South Kensington, the four star Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt stays faithful to its past but espouses modern comfort in a classic London cityscape of porticos and leafy squares. Moments from London’s world-class museums, step into the frescoed lobby and take in a characterful ambience of open fireplaces, deep sofas for laid-back lounging and quietly stylish rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel London
- Radisson Hotel Edwardian Vanderbilt
- Radisson Hotel London
- Radisson London
- London Radisson
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt London, England