“A wonderful party”

Ranked #334 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Whitchurch, UK
“A wonderful party”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We chose the Radisson for my wife's birthday party which involved booking 10 rooms for the family and a meal in a private function room. The whole event was a great success mainly due to the brilliant staff who looked after us. The food was superb and the service excellent. The location of the hotel was bonus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Johny,

Thank you so much for your great review.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our great tasting food and service! We thank you for choosing to spend your wife's birthday here with us and we would love to welcome you back at any time.

Warm regards,

Tom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I booked afternoon experience at the Vanderbilt for 14 december. It was a most excellent afternoon tea with a good reception quickly being seated. The hotel entrance lobby bar and restaurant is lovely and very nice. The staff are absolutely amazing and extremely attentive. I did not catch the names but every single one of them was so fantastic it was so refreshing as I have been to many hotels and even some radissons and the staff were no way near to the standards I witnessed that day. I was really very happy and most impressed, the lady serving us was lovely and made such a special effort when bringing our cake out (which we took in and asked them to bring out, they put a couple of candles on for us) and she even sang a little happy birthday to which we all joined in. Really very well pleased with her and the experience.

My whole party said the restaurant, the ambience, the staff, the service and the tea and scones were excellent. The sandwiches were plentiful, the scones were freshly baked without raisins as I requested and were absolutely delicious and a good size not tiny ones like I have sampled at other hotels. I had requested non meat sandwiches and that was taken care of so we had mixture of egg cheese but didn't see fish but it didn't matter. I was too full to sample the small cakes and pastries but they looked okay. We got the leftover mini cakes packed and took them home.

My guests whose birthday it was really enjoyed themselves and i am so glad as it was there first experience of afternoon tea and in london. We were each given a large pot of tea each and offered a range of teas and in fact one person had hot chocolate instead. I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to friends and will also return with my husband soon.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Irami,

Thank you for you great review!

We are delighted to hear what a wonderful time you had and that you enjoyed the restaurant, the ambience, the staff, the service and the tea and scones! We are always happy to accomodate any special requests such as no raisins.

We are so happy that you decided to spend a special occasion here with us and we'd love to have you for tea again.

Warm regards,

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

From the moment we stepped up to the front of the hotel to being seen into a taxi hailed for us on our departure. we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would most definitely stay again. The rooms where immaculate and the service impeccable.
Location was exclletn for what we wanted....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Amilia,

Thank you so much for you great review.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our service as that is one of our most valued abilities. We would be thrilled to have you back here and you're so very welcome any time.

Kind regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I arrived at the Hotel late as my flight from Glasgow had been delayed to find my Hotel booking had been cancelled. I had spent 10 hours in the airport and there was no acknowledgement from the staff on what a stressful day I had. The said "you are lucky we are not full and we have another room we can give you"
Rooms need decroated and are very poor for the price you are paying

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review.

I was sorry to hear of your issue with the room decor, however I do thank you for bringing this to our attention as it allows us to review our standards and improve as a hotel. I have also spoken with our reservations team to ensure that cancellations such as yours do not reoccur.

Again please accept my apologies and we would be very happy to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel is very close to Gloucester Road Tube and handy for Natural History Museum also V&A
The staff are very good friendly and helpful. Requested a quiet room and it was very quiet,no view as at the back but we were happy with that. Room very small but clean and comfortable.Contained everything necessary for our short stay.Including tea/coffee making facility.
Had problem with heated towel rail which was not addressed so had to use damp towels in the morning.Shame the shampoo /shower Gel etc are in locked stands which means it is difficult getting gel into bath, I can guess at the reason for this but seems a shame for this type of hotel.
Breakfast was reasonable with adequate variety and again the staff were attentive.
Would be happy to stay again should the need arise.

Room Tip: Depends,,if you want a view choose the front but be prepared for traffic noise. The back is quiet bu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Joan,

Thank you so much for your comments. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our service here at the hotel as well as our location. I am also pleased to hear that your room was quiet and comfortable. I am sorry to hear of your issues with the bathroom, we have placed upper and lower dispencers in the shower/baths to try to eliminate such matters.

We would be very happy to welcome you back next time you are in London.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staff extremely helpful. Very nice breakfast with a wide variity of hot and cold to choose from including fresh pastries. The room was a really good size with all amenities covered including an iron and proper hairdryer.

Room Tip: ask for business class and dont pick a ground floor room.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Gillian,

Thank you so much for your great review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast variety and room amenities. We are always happy to know that we have given our guests what they came for and more.

We do hope to see you again in the near future!

los angeles
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Rooms - small and dreary. No table lamps at all - all overhead which were very glaring. Carpet old and a bit grungy. Bathroom smelled of mildew - but was updates somewhat.
Service - ok - they couldn't find our reservation when we arrived - we were a day late due to plane problems but we had called.
Restaurant - so so. I really dislike this forced buffet that hotels seem to have. All I want is a cup of coffee and some toast so it really is very expensive. We did not have breakfast included so were hoping we could order a la carte - but that wasn't not available. There is a Starbucks nearby but it meant bundling up in the cold weather.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid comments.

I am sorry to hear that our rooms were not to your liking, we are always working on keeping them up to date and we thank you for your feedback to help us continue to progress.

Allow me to inform you that we do offer a breakfast of tea or coffee and toast at a much lower price than our full breakfast and I am sorry to hear that you were not informed of this.

I hope you will re-join us again and maybe on this occasion you will not have to go out into our cold winter weather and you can enjoy your coffee here with us.