“exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #331 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My stay at this hotel exceeded y expectations in every aspect.
Rooms are definitely on the small side but they don't lack comfort: I had asked for a single and quiet room and my request was fulfilled. Rarely have I slept in such a silent room!
The room is furnished with a LCD TV screen, safe, kettle, hairdrier and even an iron and an ironing-board. I also found 3 sockets so that I could charge my phone, my iPad and my camera batteries at one time.
Check-in was quick and easy and I was given a hearty welcome by a nice blonde girl who even asked me if I wanted a wake up call and a newspaper (by the way, complimentar copies of the FT are provived in the lobby).
The ambience is very elegant and gives a warm feeling.
The bar is also very nice.
As to the location, it is a 100 metres from the tube station: on the way to the hotel there's a 24/7 service Tesco, a bakery, a small shopping mall and even Boots.
I'll surely make use of this hotel during my next trip to London!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, we are so thrilled to hear that you were happy with everything from the location to the service and room amenities. We pride ourselves on our service and are always happy to hear that we have done well.

We certainly look forward to seeing you again!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

If possible I try and stay in Radisson hotels as their membership is very generous for rewards and I often get treated very nicely. In London I like the Totteham Court Rd hotel but couldn't get in this time
The Edwardian Vanderbilt is average compared to many Radisson hotels.
Firstly the bar area, walked in on sunday anticipating some soccer and NFL action on Sky Sports, but nothing. Maybe I expect too much but when I spend 1800 pounds over 6 nights I expect this facility
On Wednesday I walked into my room after dinner and there are two letters under my door telling me my account is up to 800 pounds and I need to settle it. I am told this is company policy, no its not. Don't insult Radisson customers with this, you have already swiped my card on check in.
Apart from this the hotel is in a good location near a tube station well appointed for Heathrow. The reception, bar area is well decorated for Christmas. Breakfast was okay but I don't know why you are asked to choose continental or English on arrival and why they are priced differently
The room was comfortable with a good Radisson quality bed

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ian H
Dear Ian,

Thank you for your comments, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our bar due to the lack of a television. In our Scoff & Banter restaurant it was decided that due it being situated in our hotel with televisions in each room we do not have one in the bar as it also disrupts other guests.

We are happy that you enjoyed our location and would be thrilled to see you again to instill your faith back in The Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel.

New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in London. it has immense Value for money, exceptional service at the front desk. extremely courteous. the proximity to the underground metro and nearby restaurants and pubs is incredible. I will certainly be coming back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skhemka
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and most of all our hospitality. We very much look forward to seeing you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay here. The staff were very friendly and attentive. It was very clean and a short walk from the Victoria and Albert Museum and Harrods. We would love to stay here again when we return to London.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jessica5157
Dear Jessica,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and location as these are two things that we pride ourselves on.

We very much look forward to having you again!

Conception Bay South, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel mainly for location. Had tickets for a couple of shows at Royal Albert Hall (Fantastic venue to see a concert) and hotel is within walking distance. Tube stop a couple of minutes away and easy to find. The hotel staff are very friendly with all usually having a smile and a greeting. The hotel itself is a good stay. The rooms are clean, neat and tidy. Lifts are a bit small. Halls and stairways are not very wide so some care has to be taken. Overall our stay at this hotel was a good start to our vacation. Stayed for four nights with not a problem. Not much of a view from the back rooms but the nice room made up for that.

Room Tip: Try for a room out front!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GTR63
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and cleanliness. We hope you will think of us to perhaps start off your next vacation or if you are attending the Royal Albert Hall again. We would be thrilled to have you.

Borgholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay with my whole family, the kids loved the huge breakfast buffe and the staff was in return very patience with them. Even the elderly appreciated a good irish coffee at the end of the day, in the cosy bar!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tobbeols
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast service and the atmosphere in the bar. I hope you and your family will think of us the next time you visit London, we would be very happy to host you again.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. I took my family, (2 adults 2 kids), to the winter wonderland in Hyde Park. The location of this hotel is great for all London has to offer. I also took my parents who had a double room and I had a family room. Both were spacious, clean and welcoming. If you want a top notch all out hotel then dig deep and pay £800 / night. If you want a good room with great service, great location and classic styling then book a room at the Radisson Blue.
Thank you for a great stay and see you again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank giles t
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a magnificent review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and cleanliness. I do hope that you will think of us the next time you are in London as we would be thrilled to host you again.