“Another great Vanderbilt stay!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #351 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Had another great Vanderbilt stay. As usual both Ahmed as well as Darius provided excellent customer service.
The room was excellent and super clean and tidy.
The only negative at all is that I am not keen on the changes to the breakfast made recently. They have changed to a fairly wet scrambled egg from the fried eggs in the past. They have also gone to a single sausage offering from the 2 in the past.
These change are not negative but my own preference.
Overall it was an excellent stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mlk1
Tom H, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review, Darius and Ahmed are always working hard to keep up their services and we're thrilled to know that you enjoyed their hospitality and our cleanliness. We are sorry to hear that our breakfast service changes are not to your liking and if you choose to return to us we can arrange to have your eggs done however you like.

We do hope you will think of us the next time you visit London.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very nice and friedly hotel with extraordinary concierge service. For a moderate fee they managed to have my things (lost during my previous stay) released from the lost property office of the Underground. Nicely waiting for me at arrival.

1  Thank Bjorn103
Tom H, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We take much pride in our services and are very happy that our concierge could offer you such assistance. I hope that you will think of us for your next visit to London, we would be delighted to host you again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Excellent service. Staff friendly and attentive. Food very good. Good choice at breakfast. Despite being upgraded by reception the room was noisy due to heavy traffic. Close proximity to tube. Very clean.

Room Tip: Book away from main road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vivlefey

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments. We pride ourselves on our service and are very happy to know that you enjoyed our hospitality, and the food! I am sorry to hear that you found the room noisy, we would be delighted to welcome you back and make sure you have a nice quiet room.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The staff were excellent best customer service I have experienced in a long time well worth a stay close to the tube for easy access to Central London . Greeted by friendly staff who showed me around the hotel and asked if I need any help. Always a friendly greeting when you arrived for breakfast.. They could not do enough for you

Room Tip: Just ask the staff
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic comments. Indeed we have an excellent team who take pride in looking after our guests and I am so pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality. I trust you will re-join us again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent location and breakfast. magnificent building, old-British style outside and inside in all parts except a modern bathroom. It is also very close to metro stop. Excellent for city travel or business stay

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review and fantastic comments. I am pleased that you had a pleasant time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I am in the lucky position of delivering day-long training courses in this hotel.
Until I came here I didn't realise the stress I had been under worrying about things that might go wrong-IT issues/refreshments/security etc etc.
Now I just know that in the capable hands of Ronaldo, Hnin and the team all will be well-or even better!!
Refreshments are ace-and they cater for special diets exceptionally well- I am wheat and dairy intolerant so I really appreciate that nothing is too much trouble.The staff are effeicient and jolly which makes such a difference when you are working, as opposed to being here on holiday!!
Facilities are excellent and the location is so easy-just two minutes across the road from Gloucester Road tube station. I really look forward to presenting here-see you next week again!

Dear Val,

Thank you for your special compliments to Ronaldo, Hnin & the rest of the hotel team. We pride ourselves in making sure that our guests experience the best comfort during their visit to us, and I am happy that we were able to demonstrate this commitment. You will be pleased to note that our refreshments are being enhanced even further so in the coming days you will certainly experience these much different yet amazing!

I look forward to your feedback on our new refreshment offerings.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel is a five minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station. The check in is efficient and the staff all very friendly. When I arrived, which was quite late, the lady asked how my day had been and if there was anything I needed. My phone charger had broken that day, so I asked if there was anything she could do. She offered to see if there was a compatible charger. There was not, so I went to my room. I went out to dinner, there is a selection of restaurants nearby. As I returned that evening, the lady who had checked me in stopped me as I was going to my room, to say that she had located a charger and would I like her to have my phone to charge. I was delighted and said I would collect my phone in the morning, she gave me a receipt. A great example of someone going the extra mile. The rooms themselves are comfortable, clean and spacious. On the occasions I have stayed here, I have never been disappointed. Noise levels are low, soa good nights sleep is guaranteed. There are a group of rooms on the ground floor with a wooden corridor. This is quite a thoroughfare and I would not like to stay in these ones. I checked out the next day, which was efficient. The gentleman who checked me out insisted on carrying my case down to street level, which I thought, was a nice touch. This is definitely one of my hotels of choice when staying in London.

Dear Sheona,

Thank you for taking time to share your excellent feedback on tripadvisor. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our service and bedrooms to be such high quality. I will be sure to pass your example of 'how simple gestures make such valuable difference on guest experience' with all members of the hotel team.

I hope you will re-join us again on your next visit to London and on this visit please contact me via hotel reception so that I can personally ensure that you are well looked after.