“Lovely room, great location.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #333 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bewdley, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely room, great location.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed to view the This is David Bowie exhibition which was being held at the nearby V&A museum during July 2013. Loved the location as it was very near to Hyde Park, which due to to the balmy weather was a lovely place to picnic.
The room itself was a delight- we had a free upgrade to a business room and the king size bed, sofa and ensuite bathroom were more than comfortable. There were bottles of water available on entry, which were welcome after a hot morning's travel. Also, the TV and free Wi-Fi were welcome additions.
We did not come by car, so cannot comment on the parking but the location in Kensington was central for buses, taxis, tube stations and the London Cycle Hire Scheme- there were three docking stations nearby.
Down the Gloucester Road there were supermarkets and cafes and a great little Greek restaurant which was so cheap and cheerful, which put pay to the myth that eating out in London is expensive.
The staff who were mostly foreign were helpful and professional and the breakfast and bar food were superb, if not a little pricey for the ordinary traveller invariably on a budget. But not extortionate. We have stayed in London a few times and this hotel was definitely the best value for money. We enjoyed staying here immensely and would definitely come again based on this experience.

Room Tip: No tips as our experience was very good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your excellent feedback.

I am so happy to share your feedback with all our staff and I truly believe that you will be an excellent ambassador of the Vanderbilt hotel. Please allow me to assure you that the price of meals in our restaurant & bar are most certainly set to create an excellent value for money and I am pleased that you too felt that way.

As a team, we are passionate in serving guests and I am pleased that this was evident throughout your visit and across all departments.

I hope to have the opportunity and welcome you back to London.

Kumar Mishra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I loved this week in London; hotel was great,, room was nice and clean.

However be careful when you book they have smoking and none smoking rooms,, so if you are like me and hate the smell of cigarette smoke pls emphasis your need.

The location is fantastic and is walking distance to the Hyde park and Harrods.

I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and found our location to be fantastic. Indeed we are only a few minutes walk from Harrods, Hyde Park and some of the most famous museums of the world.

Kindly note that we have 4 smoking rooms for our guests who 'enjoy' this habit. However, if you prefer to have a room that is a non-smoking please let us know in advance so that we can try our best to honour this request.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Location is excellent as its only a couple of minutes walk from Gloucester Road station (Piccadilly line straight from Heathrow). Everything you need is within a couple of minutes walk from the hotel, e.g. about 2 dozen restaurants and bars in the area, shops, pharmacy, etc.

Staff were very friendly and ensured I knew where everything was.

I stayed here on two occasions in August. On the first occasion, I was unlucky with the room. There was barely 20 cms between The bed and the wall. It was easier to hop over the end to get to the other side of the room!

I wasn't going to stay again but I made a call to the hotel in advance of my 2nd stay as I wasn't happy with the room. The hotel staff performed their duties perfectly and my next stay - I had an excellent room. It's always great to see service react to a customers request.

One unusual item was the alarm clock/iPod dock is located on the desk on the far side of the room! It should be next to the bed in my opinion.

Overall: Hotel is in a nice area, close to underground..
I'll defitely consider again for business or pleasure.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Colmfarl
Thank your for your valuable comments.

I am pleased that we were able to allocate a room that suited your needs and made your stay so comfortable. I have passed your compliments to the hotel team and we hope that on your next visit you will join us in our Scoff & Banter, a British cuisine restaurant that brings together some of the finest ingredients produced locally to create a fabulous meal at reasonable prices - unlike most London hotels!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a pretty nice hotel. The property is in a really convenient location. Although there is a loading zone out the front, parking seems to be in short supply.

The property itself is beautiful. My room was spacious, clean and fairly well appointed. I was pretty happy with the room except for two minor things. First - the fridge was useless. If anything it heated the contents up rather than cooled them down. This is not helpful when you are trying to keep yoghurt and other foods cold for your baby. The other is that the card readers for the room keys seem to have hit their use-by date in some cases. These two problems were minor and could so easily be fixed - so why not fix them? Other than that the room was fine and the bed was comfortable.

The staff were quite friendly and keen to assist. However the lobby seemed to be busy every time I went there. After checking in, my luggage had not arrived after about an hour had elapsed so I had to retrieve it myself. No-one challenged me, and I could just as easily have been taking someone else's luggage. The staff were clearly busy, so I don't lay any blame there. It would seem that Radisson should consider bolstering the number of staff on hand to assist guests.

All in all it was a pleasant enough stay. While it won't go down as one of the most memorably wonderful hotels that I have stayed in, neither would I recoil in horror if I stayed there again. Its not quite in the 5 star league but is definitely better than 3 stars, so a rating of 4 stars seems about right.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback.

I apologise for the inefficient mini bar fridge in your room. with regards to the door locks, this seems as an isolated incident however, we are pleased to inform you that we are investing in the excess of £80,000 to install new bedroom locks throughout the hotel. This order has already been placed last week and the project will be completed by the end of November.

I would also like to mention that I have shared your observation regarding luggage collection with the Front of House team, who understand your concerns and together will ensure that corrective actions are taken in line with our corporate policies.

I trust above is to your satisfaction and I hope you will rejoin us again on your next visit to London.

Beverley United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked a £10 afternoon tea deal and couldn't have been more impressed. The waitress couldn't have been more attentive, the setting was sumptuous and there was a beautiful selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones with unlimited hot drinks. In fact it is the only afternoon tea I have had which gave you two scones each. I couldn't fault it. As an added bonus we received a complimentary non-alcoholic cocktail as well. Five stars for the food, the setting and the service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzanne C
Thanks a lot for your wonderful compliments.

I am glad you enjoyed your time at the Scoff & Banter, Kensington. It is such feedback that motivates the team to do better and ensure that all our guests have a fantastic time with us.

I hope you will rejoin us again soon to taste the fantastic meals in our restaurant during Lunch & Dinner as well.

Radisson Blu Edwardian, Vanderbilt Hotel
Huntingdon Valley, PA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay in this hotel quite often, the location is extremely convenient, and the staff is superb. It is clean and breakfast is quite good. However... Its a rabbit warren of rooms. If you are carrying large suitcases or packages it is quite difficult to navigate. I would give it four stars but for this problem.

Room Tip: Try to get one near a staircase, elevators are small.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your patronage and constructive comments.

I take your compliments and feedback on board, and on this note have installed new signage throughout the hotel which will help our guests navigate through the beautifully restored Edwardian building. the history of this building goes back to the mid 1860's which makes it extremely complicated for us to make extensive changes within. However, I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to London.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel in Kensington. The hotel was very nice, an older building that been refurbished with modern bathrooms. Bathrooms may present a bit of a challenge for those with difficulties getting in/out of tubs. The location was excellent. The Natural History Museum was next door, a few steps to the Underground, a five minute walk to the Victoria & Albert Museum, and about ten minutes walk to Harrods. One of our party had recent surgery and they were able to accommodate my request for a room near the lift which was greatly appreciated. We also had an excellent experience with the hotel staff. We also enjoyed one of the best meals we had in London at your restaurant. Thank you for an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Long, rather dark stairways can present a problem for those with walking difficulties, small elevato...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you loved your room and time at the hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Edwardian architecture combined with excellent modern rooms. I hope we see you again on your next trip to London!

All the best,