“Fabulous afternoon tea”

Ranked #334 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Beverley United Kingdom
“Fabulous afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked a £10 afternoon tea deal and couldn't have been more impressed. The waitress couldn't have been more attentive, the setting was sumptuous and there was a beautiful selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones with unlimited hot drinks. In fact it is the only afternoon tea I have had which gave you two scones each. I couldn't fault it. As an added bonus we received a complimentary non-alcoholic cocktail as well. Five stars for the food, the setting and the service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Suzanne C
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks a lot for your wonderful compliments.

I am glad you enjoyed your time at the Scoff & Banter, Kensington. It is such feedback that motivates the team to do better and ensure that all our guests have a fantastic time with us.

I hope you will rejoin us again soon to taste the fantastic meals in our restaurant during Lunch & Dinner as well.

Radisson Blu Edwardian, Vanderbilt Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Huntingdon Valley, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay in this hotel quite often, the location is extremely convenient, and the staff is superb. It is clean and breakfast is quite good. However... Its a rabbit warren of rooms. If you are carrying large suitcases or packages it is quite difficult to navigate. I would give it four stars but for this problem.

Room Tip: Try to get one near a staircase, elevators are small.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your patronage and constructive comments.

I take your compliments and feedback on board, and on this note have installed new signage throughout the hotel which will help our guests navigate through the beautifully restored Edwardian building. the history of this building goes back to the mid 1860's which makes it extremely complicated for us to make extensive changes within. However, I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to London.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel in Kensington. The hotel was very nice, an older building that been refurbished with modern bathrooms. Bathrooms may present a bit of a challenge for those with difficulties getting in/out of tubs. The location was excellent. The Natural History Museum was next door, a few steps to the Underground, a five minute walk to the Victoria & Albert Museum, and about ten minutes walk to Harrods. One of our party had recent surgery and they were able to accommodate my request for a room near the lift which was greatly appreciated. We also had an excellent experience with the hotel staff. We also enjoyed one of the best meals we had in London at your restaurant. Thank you for an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Long, rather dark stairways can present a problem for those with walking difficulties, small elevato...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you loved your room and time at the hotel. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Edwardian architecture combined with excellent modern rooms. I hope we see you again on your next trip to London!

All the best,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was traveling alone and booked myself to this hotel. The pricing and location was great. Upon arrival at the airport, I took a the Piccadilly line and reached the Glouchester station. Very easily and convenient for a single traveller. The downside is that there is no lift so I dragged the luggage up the stairs.. Lucky to meet a nice gentleman who helped to lift my luggage.

The hotel is really less than 5 mins a way and there are several restaurants n cafes nearby. Checking in was a breeze and the staffs are friendly and efficient. The lift is however, very old... And slow. And it broke down once during my stay. I've to climb up n down as I stayed at the fourth storey.

Room is decent but small.. Walkways are also a little narrow. But overall.. I'm pleased with my stay. The hop on and hop off buses are just a stone away so i saved a lot of time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel.

I am pleased that you have mentioned the pleasantries from your stay at our hotel. it is my pleasure to share your feedback with the team and we hope that you will rejoin us again on your next visit to London.

On this visit, please stop by reception and allow me to make your acquaintance.

Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel punches above it's weight for a four star hotel. Unfortunately the size of the rooms means that it can never achieve five star status, but the service was friendly, helpful and impeccable, and the breakfasts were impressive.
The location is great being a short walk from the Natural History and Science museums, some great london pubs and on the next corner there is a post office that sells tickets to the hop-on hop-off tourist buses which stop just across the road.
We would definitely stay here again on another trip to London.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel a quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for rating your stay to be 'very good' and an excellent value for money.

I am sorry that you did not find your room to be comfortable due to its size, which is very much at par with most London hotel bedrooms. I appreciate this can be very subjective, but hope you will rejoin us again and allow me to show you some of our business class and delxue rooms which are certainly amongst the finest in the city.

Please contact me directly via hotel reception so that I can take you around the few options that might benefit your requirement and comfort.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in July for 2 nights, thankfully no more than that. The room was very small and with our 3 suitcases hardly any room to move about at all. The bathroom was also very small and the hot water in the shower took a long time to get hot and then was alternately hot and cold, hot and cold. Very annoying. Location was handy for tube station and Natural History Museum.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Radisson because of its location in Kensington enabling us to walk to areas of interest. Close proximity to the tube was another plus. We found the room to be comfortable despite its small size. Long corridors and a slow lift. We got our daily exercise taking the steps! The hotel is not your typical "chain" which makes it quite charming. Breakfast buffet was a nice addition as well. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was very busy during our 5 night stay further evidence to support my recommendation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank PapaGary
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for complimenting our excellent location and the personalized service. We are always proud of taking care of our guests and I am pleased that my team has emulated this quality.

We look froward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.