“Affordable Afternoon Tea”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt
Ranked #344 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was a 50th birthday treat for my London pal, a previous work colleague. It was a miserable, rainy day but the weather was forgotten on coming into the hotel.
A slight disappointment with the crockery (I was expecting fine china but got functional white crockery) Sandwiches were lovely- some veggie (for my pal) and our young waitress was lovely. When my friend asked if the pretty cakes were gelatine free the waitress came back with some suitable ones to eat with the others.
I would have been happier with being given a choice of tea but I didn't ask.
We sat in the lobby on leather chesterfields and felt the atmosphere was very unstuffy. Loos were lovely & clean but we had to raise our voices when a member of staff decided to hoover up in an adjacent area- my pal was about to complain!
I had made a booking via internet on days-out website but no record was found. However our unflappable waitress sorted it out for us and did not charge for my 12yr old son though we did say he would share our food from the outset.
I would have an afternoon tea here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MicroLoops
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for your positive compliments.

I have made a note of your comments, regarding options of tea (which should have been give to you), fine china crockeries (these are now been changed) and the cleaner who was attending to the area adjacent to yours' without your permission. Please be assured that we are actively looking to improve our offering and the overall experience of our guests.

I trust your future visit will be extremely positive in all aspects.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

room allocated on arrival very poor. tiny on ground floor window did not open . We were moved to first floor room. Tiny as are many of rooms. Greatly in need of refurbishment net curtains filthy shower tiny.Staff were very pleasant but would never return and doubt if i would stay in any Radisson again.

Room Tip: cant help as wont stay in radisson again
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ANDERSON51
KumarMishra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I am sorry for your poor experience in our hotel. I am not sure if you have travelled to London, where hotel rooms are relatively smaller from the rest of the world. Based on your feedback to the hotel directly and on this forum, we have changed the net curtains in room 014 & 217 completely. Our excellent location and fantastic hosts have always been complimented by every other guest and I hope you would have made a note of that too in your review.

Perhaps, on your next visit you will spare a few minutes so that we can show you a host of rooms with varying sizes to suit all needs.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I originally stayed here for business in April, and had to change rooms due to a plumbing issue. The staff (EVERYONE) immediately stepped up to help me with everything, and took such good care of me! I returned again in July when visiting on vacation -- knowing that my stay would be enjoyable and worry free!

The location is fantastic -- right in the heart of Kensington! Easy access to museums, restaurants, shopping, sight seeing, and a quick walk to the tube station. The building is a charming space, and the dining is excellent. The rooms I stayed in were spacious, and the bathrooms were quite large for a UK hotel.

The staff is what seals the deal, and I've experienced every level of service across the globe. This is five star service! If there's anything you need, just ask!

I will certainly stay here again, and highly recommend this hotel for business and personal travel.

Note: I'm a geek and the wifi was fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MsBanner

I am so glad that we were able to turn around your experience from a negative one, to something so positive. This would not have been the case without your faith in our hotel and the team.

Your experience on the latter stay, is what we would like all our guests to experience during all their visits to our hotel. I am really grateful that you shared your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here in July, it was my second visit to this hotel, the location for tubes and busses is excellent, it's a charming hotel with lovely friendly service, the room was spotless and airy, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank concon767
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my partner 2 weeks ago on a trip overseas. We stayed in a lot of hotels along the way this hotel was the worst. Room is so tiny for two people had to put the one uncomfortable chair against the door and sit on that for wifi coverage. The room was so small for two people and luggage to move around. Towels were over the toilet and when you reached for them the rest fell into the toilet bowl. My partner slept one end of the bed and I the other so we could have some room to move and neither of us are big people a hotel like this should have larger rooms and beds. The last night I gave up put all the pillows on the floor and slept there great for a holiday stay gave up a tour so I could stay back alone in the room and get some sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Diane G

I am sorry for your poor experience in our hotel. I am not sure if you have travelled to London, where hotel rooms are relatively smaller from the rest of the world but what you have mentioned is certainly over-exaggerated . Our excellent location and fantastic hosts have always been complimented by every other guest and I hope you would have made a note of that too in your review.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu recently for business. The rooms were large and the hotel is in a lovely building in a great area for walking. From the moment I arrived, the hotel staff was friendly and very attentive. From the front desk team to the concierges to the breakfast staff, no request was too small or too much trouble. Just down the road from Kensington Palace, walking distance to Harrods and great shopping areas and plentiful restaurants to choose from, this hotel is in a wonderful location - quieter than high street but within walking distance. I will definitely be using this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: I had a room on the front bottom floor which was convenient but there were street noises. This did...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thanks a lot.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

we stayed 4 nights and the staff could not have been more pleasing and helpfull in everyway
The location is very convinient and easy walking,parking,and ease of finding taxis kept travel
and sightseeing quite simple.Would definitely return to use the facility in the future

Anthony US traveller

Room Tip: we stayed in one of the newer rooms to the right of reception and upstairs enjoyed it very much
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyUStraveller

Thank you so much for your excellent review. Feedback - both, positive and constructive is absolutely essential to our success and I am pleased that its all positive on this occassion.

I hope I will have the pleasure to meeting you on your next visit to London.