This hotel was the former London residence of the Vanderbilt family, and the interior has been sympathetically re-done to reflect that era. Comfy leather sofas fill Reception and the bar, suitable artwork lines the walls and the whole effect is very pleasant. This also applied to the atmosphere and the staff. We did not dine in, but the breakfast was hot, varied and plentiful.
We had settled on one of their lower priced double rooms and it was indeed very small. A six footer would not have fitted the bed and there was not enough room for an armchair. However, it suited us as we are not quite that tall, and there were all the comforts one expects (TV, tea and coffee, nice soapy things etc). However, the soundproofing was inadequate and we could hear next door talking and their TV. We were also unhappy when a banshee alarm at lots of decibels went off in the room about 7.00 a.m. – I guess it might have been the TV’s burglar alarm. The concierge seemed a bit puzzled but said it wouldn’t happen again and it didn’t.
The biggest problem was in the bathroom, where the hand basin was tiny, and had been squashed in so it overhung the bath (see photo). This meant you could not wash your face without getting water everywhere, and there was no room for toiletries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imposing Georgian mansion in fashionable South Kensington, the four star Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt stays faithful to its past but espouses modern comfort in a classic London cityscape of porticos and leafy squares. Moments from London’s world-class museums, step into the frescoed lobby and take in a characterful ambience of open fireplaces, deep sofas for laid-back lounging and quietly stylish rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel London
- Radisson Hotel Edwardian Vanderbilt
- Radisson Hotel London
- Radisson London
- London Radisson
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt London, England