“My new house in London.”
Review of Dukes Hotel

Dukes Hotel
Ranked #140 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed in London 4 times in the last month for business and always I choose Dukes as "home away home".
The location is perfect, central and but quite. The rooms are well decorated, confortable and bright.
I never had a breakfast as I am always in hurry in the morning but I like grab a "coffee on the go" in the lobby.
The staff is always polite and all are always smiling at the reception.
Definitely I will go back again on my next visit in London.

Room Tip: I always book a Classic Room, reasonable price and good size considering other hotels in London. I...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you very much. We always aim to provide a home from home for all of our guests and to exceed expectations. We are all delighted to hear that we succeeded! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Debrah Dhugga

Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We visit London every year. This hotel ranks as one of our favorites. The location is second to none. Easy access to the tube, steps away from Green Park, and a 10 minute walk to the west end theater district. Now as far as the hotel itself....The staff is EXCELLENT. It was amazing how they recognized you as you approached the desk to get your room key. Never once did we have to say our name or room number. How is that for legendary service. There is no way you could single out one person for their excellent service and attitude. Everyone was just wonderful...
The rooms are well appointed, comfortable, quiet, and well laid out. Lots of nice details....
If you stay at this hotel you MUST visit the bar. The martini's are a bit pricey but who cares!!!! The service, presentation and memories are well worth the price!! If you don't visit the bar your stay will be cut in half.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyN76

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. Our team is working hard to ensure everything is as it should be. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to DUKES LONDON in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Duke's Hotel in St. James in London is a very authentic British hotel situated in London centre. The hotel is located out of the way on a side street on St. James Place and away from the city traffic but within waking distant of Trafalgar, Oxford Street, Pall Mall, and Piccadily. The hotel takes a formal and more subdued tone with muted colors, dark woods, upholstered furniture and an elegant historical ambience. The staff at the front desk and entry are welcoming, friendly and very tuned to the needs of the guest.

My room was spacious by London standards. The room was very clean, quiet, well appointed with crown moulding and a plush carpet, with a formal dark wood writing desk and stuffed chairs that still made room for an ample, comfortable and firm bed accompanied by half a dozen pillows. Closets were well illuminated and spacious. WiFi was complementary. The room had the usual flat screen television. The bathroom was outfitted with a shower tub combination with a very spacious sink and counter.

Staff was very pleasant throughout my stay. I had room service one night that was delivered on time and was well presented and prepared. Morning breakfast was served in the lower dining room and was done with attention to all details. The hotel has tendency to go big for scented candles in the reception area which are personally not to my favor, but otherwise I was extremely comfortable throughout my stay.

A highlight was a reserved table at the intimate "Thirty Six" Bar with friends Friday night. Martinis are the specialty and are served to perfection. The bar was jumping most nights; a reservation is strongly recommended.

Have now been to the Duke's several times, and will return during my next visit to London.

Room Tip: Have a drink at the "Thirty Six" bar but please make a reservation.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. It’s lovely to hear the team looked after you so well and we are now becoming your London home. Our team here at Dukes London are so pleased with your comments and support. We look forward to welcoming you back to DUKES LONDON in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Do not lool further if you are planning to stay in London for business or with your family (I did or do both). This is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are spotless, the gym is great (with a steam bath) and more than anything else the team is just amazing. Do not forget to grab a cup of coffee before leaving the hotel in the morning. It is the best in the town..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. Our team is working hard to ensure everything is as it should be and it’s lovely for them to be recognised. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes London in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Having stayed at Dukes a couple of days ago, I must say this place is amazing. The hotel use to be a house before, you really get the feeling that you are in a big house, not a hotel. From the moment I walked in I felt at home. The staff, friendly, efficient and always willing to help, the location, the food, the martinis...I cannot wait to go back with my family!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Violet S
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. It is fantastic to hear that you had such a special time with us. We always aim to provide a home away from home for all of our guests and to exceed expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes London in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Dukes Hotel for a weekend last month. It was an amazing stay. We reserved a cozy Classic Room with a King Size bed which was very comfortable. The staff at the reception was great,always smiling and very helpful. And the bar...a must, the best Martini I've ever had! I will certainly stay again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. Our team is working hard to ensure everything is as it should be. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes London in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I came at Dukes last week to try the famous Martini by Alessandro and I really would like to Go back as soon as possible. The service has been amazing.
Reception staff friendly and polite and the bar staff professional and charming. One of the best atmosphere in London

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased that even with just a brief visit, you were able to experience our special atmosphere. It’s lovely to hear the team looked after you so well. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team.

Kind Regards