“Very happy”
Review of Dukes Hotel

Dukes Hotel
Ranked #142 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We celebrated our wedding anniversary in this boutique hotel... very exclusive... beautiful room and very well located to visit london... very british style and great food... they made our stay unforgattable!

• Stayed: March 2014
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our lovely boutique hotel. Many congratulations on your anniversary! It is fantastic to hear that you had such a special and memorable time with us. Our team here at DUKES LONDON are so pleased with your comments and support.
Many congratulations and my warmest regards!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Fantastic service in a great little hotel and fantastic area of town. Very professional and friendly staff. Free wifi. They know how to please their guests. Great bar for a nightcap, delicious breakfast. It's now my 1st choice to stay whilst in London.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MiGlPa
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. It’s lovely to hear the team looked after you so well and we are now becoming your London home. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes London in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at Dukes on the 1st March, the hotel is lovely in many ways and fits the postive description of others.

However the bed was awful, the smallest double you could imagine, my wife being a size 6 and i being your normal type of chap were waking each other every time we moved, but more importantly it was an appalling mattress ( no support and felt old), i provide a better one in a flat i rent to tenants.
Being a stupid Brit i did not complain having had a very poor nights sleep, also did not wish to cause a scene as it was my wifes birthday weekend. Or was it because i had spent 50,000 Ba Air miles so just thought lets move on and go back home as the hotel has put us in the worst room in the hotel, either way unacceptable as this hotel is not cheap !

I travel on business/holidays regularly and can not remember a worse bed, i have forgotten the room number but it is 312 or 322 ( the room was small but i expected that as we went for a standard room.

Either way i shall not be recommending this hotel to clients when they come to London

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience of DUKES LONDON.
The team and I were disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations when you stayed with us at DUKES LONDON.

As we are a boutique hotel we have a large variety of room categories and with different styles from Contemporary to Traditional English rooms. Perhaps on your next stay we could show you the various room that we have available. In regards the bed I am surprised by your comment as we normally receive positive feedback on our comfortable mattress.

Our Operations Manager Emilie Polastron, emiliepolastron@dukeshotel.com, would very much like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you directly.
If you would, please provide us with your contact details and we will be in touch.

Yours faithfully.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

A superb theatre trip to London was enhanced by a first class overnight stay at the magnificent Dukes.

The welcome was warm and before being shown our room my wife and I were shown the range of facilities and services offered by the hotel. The Classic room was clean, quiet and the bed was so comfortable, giving us the best night's sleep away from home for months. The breakfast was a delight and no request was too much trouble. However, the best aspect of our stay were the staff, a credit to British Hospitality. We left with a smile and will certainly recommend Dukes to our friends and family.

Stayed: February 2014
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. It’s lovely for our team to be recognised as we do invest so much in them to create and deliver memorable experiences. We are all delighted to hear that we succeeded! I do hope you are well and we all look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and have have been to London maybe twenty five times or so we figured when we learned that this stay at Duke's was our ninth. We have brought our two adult children and spouses on one trip and two grandchildren each on two other trips.

We love the service, the friendliness and the location of the hotel. It is simply comfy for us. We plan to return with the third set of two grandchildren next year and stay once again at the Duke's.

And we have stayed at Brown's, Loundes, Grosvenor, Claridges and a couple I forget. The Duke's is for us!

Ken Miller
Greensboro, NC

Room Tip: In the section to the left of the Front Desk
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. It’s lovely to hear the team looked after you so well and we are now becoming your London home. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes London in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel is so close to regent street. It has a really nice staff. The concierge made too many calls for me to make reservation at the restourant and still he was too kind. And the chief at the restourant for breakfast was kind. I think ala carte breakfast was good. Angelina, working at the reservation departmant helped me too much. But air conditioner in the room was out of order and made noise all night long. I told the noise to the reception.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Kahraman B
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I was pleased to hear that the Staff have looked after you so well. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team.
I would also like to thank you for bringing the Air Conditioning issue to our attention. We have updated your profile and during your next stay we will allocate you a quieter room with less electrical noise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to DUKES LONDON in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Dukes is one of the smaller hotels in London. Very calm location, there is a direct walk through to Green Park. Great sport! The hotel has a very private charm, nice rooms. Service is impeccable. The breakfast is of typical British quality, i.e. not as good as in other travel destinations but very stylish and enjoyable. We love this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mksgr

Thank you for such a lovely post. Their dedication to you, the guest, makes me extremely proud to be part of such a wonderful team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes London in the near future.

Kind Regards,