“Aladdin”

Ranked #131 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London
“Aladdin”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Popped in mid-week with a good friend for a little refreshment. A lady welcomed us and suggested the Champagne Lounge "and perhaps dinner for you two ladies?". Aladdin looked after us. He administered a lovely bottle of fizz and some super canapes. Circumstances took us away before dinner, but we were most impressed with Aladdin's fine presence to set the atmosphere and create a memorable little event. Thank you to Aladdin of Dukes Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nancy L
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. All of our staff at DUKES LONDON take such pride in taking great care of our guests.

We look forward to your return when hopefully we might be able to tempt you with a delicious Thirty Six Tasting Menu or a delectable Champagne Afternoon Tea!

Debrah Dhugga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our stay was planned for a long weekend, and the hotel was perfect. Hidden out of the way from all the hustle and bustle of the busy city, with the bespoke and high standard expected from an up market boutique hotel. The staff were extremely helpful, especially as when we arrived we were given a room in an area which was being renovated, and although the room was nice, the noise and the fact decorators were outside of our door we asked to be moved which the staff obliged. They were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for us, in the bar, in the restaurant, and the cheerful and helpful demeanour of the door staff made it more of a joy to be returning, if that was possible. As others have already said in their review, the only bad thing was when we had to leave. Defiantly book a stay if you're planning a visit to London, it's close to a subway station and tour bus stop, so easy to get around. Being that the standard of the hotel is higher than your "normal" hotels, this does reflect on the price but don't let that put you off. If we go back to London we will be defiantly be going back. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your kind comments re your stay we are sorry for any inconvenience caused while we were refurbishing our rooms and public areas this is now all complete and I apologise for any interruptions during your stay.

We are very proud of our unique and beautiful hotel located in a “cul de sac” just off St James and Piccadilly. I am especially pleased at the fact that you thought the staff were so kind and helpful, especially during our little hotels beauty treatment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently had a night at Dukes, a place I've been meaning to stay for ages. And boy I'm glad I finally did. It's an oasis of calm amid the bustle of St James's and my room - and particularly the service - was faultless. Only problem was that it was difficult to tear myself away from the glorious cocktails in the bar in time for dinner at the restaurant, Thirty Six, where chef Nigel Mendham is apparently getting a big following - and quite rightly. The next day it was raining - and the receptionist gave me a complimentary umbrella, just one of several touches by the great staff. Altogether a lovely experience.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, we are very pleased that you had a truly relaxing stay away from it all.

We are also delighted that you enjoyed Alessandro’s Martinis as he has spent many years honing his skills in order to make the perfect martini.

Perhaps on your next you will join us in Thirty Six for a Tasting menu or perhaps just to try Nigels Goats Cheese Flan which is absolutely superb.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Dukes is a small hotel centrally located in London in a quiet neighborhood. My guess is its 20 rooms plus or minus. I like small, elegant hotels that provide great service so this meet many of my needs. Not sure when it was built but its old. Well kept up, very elegant. Super friendly staff and great service. Nice bar for an evening drink. Smalish fitness center but I've been the only one in it during my stays. Rooms are reasonably large, good internet. Breakfast was included. Our room was clean but not spotless. Walking distance to plays and restaurants. It's fairly pricey. I've been there on business and personal trips. I'll stay there again on the next trip over.

ron p

Room Tip: There's some variation in room size but I don't recall room numbers so you'll hae to ask...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to write your review. I was delighted to hear that our lovely little hotel was exactly what you we looking for.

It was originally one townhouse that joined with another, both well over one hundred years old and bringing us to a total of 90 well decorated, lovely bedrooms and suites. We take great pride in training and looking after our staff in order to ensure that they can care for our guests every requirement.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Dukes Hotel for my wife's birthday weekend as a surprise but wasn't sure what to expect...

On arrival we were greeted by a complimentary birthday cake and mini macaroons. The room was spacious yet still homely and the decor was very nice as it had some original features as opposed to the ultra modern hotels we are used to seeing.

The location is perfect for access to the west end, Covent Garden and Piccadilly. The others way is Hyde Park and Knightsbridge also a short walk away.

The hotel staff were very friendly they really helped make it an amazing weekend.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to all! Thank you

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank SK1990
Thank you for writing such a kind and thoughtful review.

I am thrilled that the team managed to make your special occasion so memorable. We have a perfectly located hotel for going to the theatre or even spending a day shopping.

We hope to welcome you back next year for another birthday treat.

Sincerely

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I just went to the bar for a cocktail, pricy but totally worth it, amazing service, beautiful environment and ambiance and above all a great experience. Looked after very well and was given the best olives I've ever eaten. Definitely worth going to even if just for one drink. I was very happy handing over my money after the evening.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. We love feedback regarding our cocktail bar and Alessandro and the superb staff. The Martinis are truly sublime, made from the finest ingredients such as fresh Sicilian lemons olives flown in regularly from Italy.

I hope that you return for a “shaken not stirred” martini.

Warmest Regards

Newcastle, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a 4 days over there :( whice is the wrong choose.. It was so dirty the carpets were stained and the wall was so dirty .. There is not best one really .. I was told my friends to come here but l wont tell anymore.they are going down now ..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Emma B
Debrah_Dhugga, General Manager at Dukes Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Emma

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at DUKES LONDON.

The team and I were disappointed and surprised to learn of your overall disappointment and the fact we did not meet all your expectations.
As a direct result I would really like to discuss your experience with you directly.
Guest feed back is important and I can assure a full internal
Investigation will take place once I know where and when you stayed.

If you could please provide me with your contact details and I will be in touch by return. Assuring you of our best attention at all times.