The Cavendish London
  • Pool
$230
$185
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
$204
$169
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$136
$118
Orbitz.com
4,211 results
All reviewsjermyn streetfortnum masongreen parkgreat locationpiccadilly circuspre theatre dinnerroyal academyclassic roomsuperior roombuckingham palacewest endlondon eyehigh floorbottle of champagnebirthday cardlondon skylineleicester square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

From the moment i checked in i was greeted with a warm welcome by concierge and the receptionist. This i like to see. First impressions of the room, clean, modern and full of appliances such as bose speakers and flat screen TV to keep you occupied to make the stay that more enjoyable .I stayed with a friend and forgot a few items such as toothbrush and comb, but a phonecall down to reception and instantly my request was brought up. My friend and i also returned late after a night in london, and we were looked after by a gentleman (i think the night porter, who i later met at breakfast who was serving me) who opened the bar and fetched us some champagne. He also realised i was staying because it was my birthday, and at 4AM, brought me a cake!! i couldnt beleive it. Breakfast again was faultless, warm greeting, fast service and a wide selction of food that was constantly being replenished. Check-out was a bit later than usual (which was much needed) giving us a little more time to get organised and sort ourselves out before leaving. Overall this hotel has been my favourite and the best stay in terms of location, service and overall attention been given to its guests. I will definetly be returning on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Martin K,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. We pride ourselves on really caring for our guests and the team that we have are really passionate about ensuring that all of our guests have a great experience and I know that they will all be delighted with your review. It is great to hear that we are your favourite hotel and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the beginning of September for the Hyde Park Concert so had lots of picnic stuff to cart around. They were very accommodating and friendly as we looked a little like hobo's when we first arrived. My husband's back went into spasm whilst at the concert, fortunately one of our party was on strong pain killers which he shared & they certainly helped, oh yes and the wine. We both slept extremely well in such a comfortable bed, even though my husband was very uncomfortable. A real coffee machine in the room was a boon, beautiful scented toiletries in the bathroom. A lovely stay, next time we'll stay longer. They also kept our belongings for the next day so we could enjoy the British Museum.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Shirley E,

Thank you very much for your great review. I hope that your husbands back has recovered and he is ready for the next concert. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good stay and that the team took such great care of you. Praxeda our Executive Housekeeper will be delighted with your comments about the toiletries as we have recently changed over to the new White Company range called Noir.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your longer stay.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have just returned from another 3 day stay at the Cavendish, my third this year!
I can not praise this hotel enough. The hotel staff are so accommodating and nothing is too much trouble! The beds are very comfy and the rooms are spacious even if you book a standard room. Lovely bathrooms, really modern and homely and come with White Company Toiletries. I had a few cocktails in the bar which are reasonable for London prices and are very tasty! Its worth having a few before venturing out if you have made other plans....
As usual the breakfast was delicious...especially the homemade pancakes and maple syrup and the watermelon juice to drink! We had breakfast in bed one of the days which is delivered at no extra cost, bonus! You can choose whatever you like, you will struggle to not find something on the menu you like.
The location is always such a bonus too, too handy to spend money in all the shops as its just a couple of minutes walk to Regent Street and just next to green park tube so you don't have to walk far to get around.
The hotel is right next to Fortnum and Mason so very convenient if you want a spot of lunch and some of their delightful cakes!!
I would highly recommend the Cavendish hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Central London. Well done Cavendish for continuing to maintain such high standards!

Room Tip: all rooms are amazing, if you can afford it though check out the penthouses ;)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ginger_Rogers7380
Neil B, Manager at The Cavendish London, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Ginger_Rogers7380,

Thank you very much for your great review. We are delighted that we are your choice of hotel in London and that have already stayed with us 3 times this year. Our team are the ones who truly make the hotel what it is and provide the great service to our guests, and we are very lucky to have the excellent team that we have. Our location is perfect for shopping, but as you have rightly mentioned it can be very dangerous being so close to the largest shopping street in Europe.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at The Cavendish for 1 night. Like other reviewers have noted the rooms are small (but this is central London!), but they are clean & well kept. The bathroom likewise is small & probably needs a little TLC, but it is very practical/functional. At just a 3 min walk from Green Park Tube station this hotel is very well located. Staff seem very friendly (Bar staff were great) & if you need to stay in central London to hop on the tube quickly this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear countyfan2020,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am delighted that to hear that you had such a good stay and thank you for your compliments about the team, we are very lucky to have the team that we do. I am disappointed to hear about your bathroom, we proud ourselves on ensuring that all of our rooms are in excellent condition. It would be really helpful if you were able to let me know what your room number was and I can get that resolved Immediately. My direct email address is neil.braude@thecavendishlondon.com

I hope that we can welcome you back on your next visit to London.

general Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed there in September, everything was great; location, quality and service. When I go back to London I will stay there again.
Umbrella, hair dryer,security box and free wireless internet were provided in our room.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear FranciscoIgnacioG,

Thank you very much for your great review. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail so I am delighted that you found the room to be well appointed and have everything that you may need. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast offering and that it helped set you up for your busy day in London.

We hope that we can welcome you back for your next visit to London.