I had 5 nights at the Cavendish last week with my son aged 21. What a wonderful time we had. The room was so lovely, we had an Executive Twin on the 7th floor. The beds were so large and comfortable, the bath so deep and the shower one of the best I have ever had. Breakfast was so fresh and tasty and the waiters courteous and smiling at all times. We had one meal in the Lounge area. I had steak and it was mouthwatering. We treated ourselves to a few cocktails, but the Gin and Tonics were the best I have ever had. We extended our stay by one night as we just didn't want to leave and this was dealt with efficiently and immediately with no need to change rooms.
On check out there was an anomaly on the bill, but this was dealt with, without fuss and embarrassment. We left our luggage at the hotel so that we could enjoy our last day to the full. We arrived back after a show, we were attended to without delay. We were asked if we needed a taxi (which we did) and without any second thought the chap on duty walked outside to call one for us.
There was a slight blip the first night in that there was a fire alarm so at around 3am in the morning we all had to troop outside. But it did add to the experience and it was managed in such a professional 'no fuss way'. The offer of a cup of tea on return would have been welcome, but I guess at 3am it would be difficult.
The position of the hotel is ideal. We walked everywhere and we were so close to the West End Shows - we saw 4!
I could go on, but I think you get the idea - it was perfect, and we keep doing the 'this time last week we were.....'. I have stayed there before, but our extended stay allowed us to really relax and really enjoy the Cavendish. I am hoping to go back at New Year with my husband and other son. I couldn't stay anywhere else now. You made the time I had with my son, prior to his return to Cambridge Uni to prepare for his finals, unforgettable in the most positive way.
Well done and since thanks to all at the Cavendish.
p.s. I am REALLY fussy about where I stay and where I eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on prestigious Jermyn Street in the heart of Piccadilly, The Cavendish London offers the ultimate in luxury and convenience for visitors to the UK's Capital, whether for business or for pleasure. In the Edwardian era The Cavendish London, was run by Rosa Lewis the infamous "Duchess of Duke St". Famous throughout London Society for hospitality and cooking, The Cavendish London, continues this tradition today - the attentive staff, variety of facilities and the meticulous care in all the services offered will ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cavendish London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cavendish London Hotel London
- The Cavendish Hotel London
- Cavendish Hotel London
- Cavendish London
- The Cavendish London England