I was completely thrilled with this hotel! As a woman traveling to London for the first time by myself, I was very comfortable hopping on tube from Heathrow, getting off at Piccadilly and easily finding this hotel on my own! It's in a super safe and lovely area that is a short walk to EVERYWHERE!!! I arrived 4 hours before check in so the staff stored everything for me. I was quickly standing in front of Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminster Abby...all to come back to dinner in the restaurant.
First, the hotel. It's a small boutique hotel and the staff was perfectly lovely and very accommodating - something that was very much appreciated since I was alone! My room was small by American standards but it contained everything I needed - including an incredibly comfy bed, an ipod docking station, free room service for breakfast, and a well stocked mini bar. The bathroom was super clean. There were several nights when I came back and grabbed a quick dinner at the bar downstairs - the staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful in suggestions/planning on my next day's adventure!
The location? Amazing. A block from Piccadilly, a ten minute walk to Trafalgar Square, 15 - 20 mins. from Buckingham Palace or Big Ben. In the evening, I felt perfectly safe and comfortable walking up to Piccadilly Circus, up Regent street, over to Mayfair...alone. Restaurants, pubs, shopping - even a WholeFoods are all within a short walk. With Fortnum and Mason across the street I was in heaven! My day trip to Hampton Court involved a fairly short walk to the south bank and jumping on a train station - all explained to me by the very helpful concierge and a map. On day three I discovered that if I took a left out of the hotel, my street was lined with art galleries and dealers - Christies was just down the road. Shopping for my husband and three boys on Jermyn Street was fantastic!
When I left on a side trip to Paris, the staff was kind enough to store a heavy bag that I would not be needing until my return.
I look forward to my next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on prestigious Jermyn Street in the heart of Piccadilly, The Cavendish London offers the ultimate in luxury and convenience for visitors to the UK's Capital, whether for business or for pleasure. In the Edwardian era The Cavendish London, was run by Rosa Lewis the infamous "Duchess of Duke St". Famous throughout London Society for hospitality and cooking, The Cavendish London, continues this tradition today - the attentive staff, variety of facilities and the meticulous care in all the services offered will ensure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cavendish London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cavendish London Hotel London
- The Cavendish Hotel London
- Cavendish Hotel London
- Cavendish London
- The Cavendish London England